Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the sideline

Quote from: No way ref on December 31, 2009, 06:59:27 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on November 06, 2009, 03:13:58 PM
Any word on new managerial appointments throughout the County?
or, on what clubs have parted company with last years management?
or, who will be staying same as last year?

Also, has anyone any suggestions as to who they think would make good coaches or trainers, to accompany managers, i.e. Porter at Dromore, or Stevie Quinn with the 'Castle
Quote from: on the sideline on December 31, 2009, 03:43:13 PM
A few questions for yous lads!
Has Packy Canavan joined Peter at Errigal or who is he with?
Who is/was in Clarkes backroom team at Carmen?

Who would yous rate as good young trainers in the county, like Porter at Dromore & Stevy Quinn at Greencastle?
Cheers!
You seem to like stevy  ::)

Nothin to do with liking anybody.  his added input seemed to do the trick for the castle this year, and anyone who i've spoken to that trained under him rates him.

Tyrone Dreamer

After Tyrone's most successful decade ever I was thinking what the best 15 of the decade would be. I'm basing it on the best 15 players that played during the decade. I'd go with this:

F McConnell
J McMahon
J McMahon
R McMenamin
C Gormley
C McAnallan
P Jordan
S Cavanagh
E McGinley
B Dooher
B McGuigan
G Cavlan
S O'Neill
P Canavan
O Mulligan

Hughes would be very unlucky not to make it. Lawn and Davy Harte would be close. Could also consider the likes of Pascal Canavan who played at start of decade.

longrunsthefox

In 2002 Lawn was as good as Joe and Justy were later when at full back. He should have got an All Star that year and great second half in 2005 final... just father time caught up.

Tyrone Dreamer

Was originally going to put Lawn on before Joe McMahon. He was brilliant when he came on in the 05 final. Had a few dodgy days as well but was a great player.

under the bar

QuoteWas originally going to put Lawn on before Joe McMahon. He was brilliant when he came on in the 05 final. Had a few dodgy days as well but was a great player.

Joe too will have a few dodgy days before he reaches the age of 35.   d/k if Justin can make it to any team of decade on the basis of just 2 seasons.

Tyrone Dreamer

I was basing it on the best 15 as opposed to consistency. Justy imo would be worth his place.

ONeill

F McConnell
J McMahon
C McAnallan
R McMenamin
D Harte
C Gormley
P Jordan
S Cavanagh
K Hughes
B Dooher
B McGuigan
E McGinley
S O'Neill
P Canavan
O Mulligan

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

blewuporstuffed

Anyone know when this years league fixtures come out? or what date the league starts this year?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rocky Mc Guigan

blewuporstuffed

Cheers, but i meant the tyrone all county league!
is it around the begining of april?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 05, 2010, 03:50:49 PM
Mea Culpa-nothing sorted as yet from what I gather. Easter Sunday first Sunday in April so will probably be week after

MR99

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on January 05, 2010, 05:07:51 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 05, 2010, 03:50:49 PM
Mea Culpa-nothing sorted as yet from what I gather. Easter Sunday first Sunday in April so will probably be week after
Fixtures are normally given out around the middle of February when the chamionship draw is made.  Starting to get withdrawal symptoms now, looking forward to Saturday night to get the ball rolling.  Should be good to see a few of the young boys in like Peter Harte, Mattie Donnelly, McNabb and Gavin Teague.  Also I think Ducky Donnelly and Eoin McCusker will make a major impact this year and ruffle a few established feathers.  Some of the deadwood will have to go, the McKenna Cup could be the last chance saloon for the likes of McGee, Mulgrew, Mellon, Gormley and Gourley.  Cant see big McElholm making it, lacks a bit of pace and will be exposed at County Level, McGurk may make a bigger impact.

tyronefan

wouldnt count on Sat night   if the weather stays the way it is  there will be no match

Sanchez

Right folks anyone got any predictions for the 2010 football year in Tyrone. Here's mine for what they are worth:

Div 1 League - Dromore
Senior Championsip - Ardboe

Div 2 League - Moortown
Intermediate Championship - Eglish

Div 3 League - Beragh
Junior Championship - Stewartstown

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Sanchez on January 06, 2010, 11:23:00 AM
Right folks anyone got any predictions for the 2010 football year in Tyrone. Here's mine for what they are worth:

Div 1 League - Dromore
Senior Championsip - Ardboe

Div 2 League - Moortown
Intermediate Championship - Eglish

Div 3 League - Beragh
Junior Championship - Stewartstown
Fair enough with Div 1 and 2 but you must have been having a giraffe with Beragh for Div 3 league- barely able to field a team towards end of last season