Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo2

2 good appointments for Omagh and Kildress. Is that all teams sorted out with management in place.

Does anyone know when the leagues begin or the much maligned Ulster Club league. I'm sure some clubs will be starting pre-season during late  January or early February.

Maybe some "Outside managers" may want to start training as early as possible to start clocking up the expenses after the Xmas break. Maybe, I'm just being cynical.

supersarsfields

Ok lads & Ladies finishing for the xmas holidays shortly so just to wish ya's all a merry xmas and an all ireland winning new year!!

Enjoy.

trileacman

Quote from: Tommo2 on December 22, 2009, 01:35:08 PM
2 good appointments for Omagh and Kildress. Is that all teams sorted out with management in place.

Does anyone know when the leagues begin or the much maligned Ulster Club league. I'm sure some clubs will be starting pre-season during late  January or early February.

Maybe some "Outside managers" may want to start training as early as possible to start clocking up the expenses after the Xmas break. Maybe, I'm just being cynical.

Maybe your being realistic.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Radioulster

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 22, 2009, 12:55:51 PM
Tiffy signs the dotted line for Kildress...
I mean this honestly with no offence to Tiffy but will Mark Conway be looking to reveal his salary? I dont think so

orangeman

Quote from: Radioulster on December 23, 2009, 09:01:05 AM
I mean this honestly with no offence to Tiffy but will Mark Conway be looking to reveal his salary? I dont think so

He's one man who is definitely NOT in it for the money. Conway won't be concerned with this appointment.

ziggysego

You're quick with your 'smart' remarks there. So tell me, how do you know if there's a salary... or are you just stirring.

Haven't been about the board to much in recent weeks friends and foes, been unwell. Still not well yet, but wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on December 23, 2009, 10:23:13 PM

You're quick with your 'smart' remarks there. So tell me, how do you know if there's a salary... or are you just stirring.

Haven't been about the board to much in recent weeks friends and foes, been unwell. Still not well yet, but wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

O'Neill says that 'shite sickens his hole'  ::)  but from the Fox, Merry Christmas to you too Ziggy and hope to see you Boxing Day. 

KIDDO 4

Three out of four ain't bad

Second half comeback sets Mayo Masters up for All-Ireland success

Final
Mayo  1-8
Tyrone  0-7

Michael Commins
Abbeylara

MAYO captain John Pat Sheridan from Burrishoole could not have been a happier man as he raised the All-Ireland Masters Cup on a bitterly cold afternoon in Abbeylara in the north midlands. It was a Christmas present to cherish for John Pat and his gallant band of troubadours.
Dreams do come true in the twilight of footballing careers and it was great to see Pat Fallon, the man from Balla, do the business again. What an ambassador Pat has been for Mayo football over the years. Pat is 'auld stock' of the county, a man with 'Mayo' engraved in his heart. And last Saturday, it was as if the sun had never dimmed on his career, such was his flair and enthusiasm, his passion for the cause, his love for the land where sea and bog and plains combine along our western shores.
The Masters, or Over 40s as it is known to most of us, has been good to Mayo. The passion for Gaelic football is our county is legendary and, though we have only won three All-Ireland senior finals, there is nothing that stirs the hearts of Mayo folk like the native game. It is grafted on to our minds from an early stage, part of what we are, and though we may not make the ultimate breakthrough, our passion and enthusiasm is beyond question.
Tyrone, who along with Kerry have been the dominant county at senior level in this decade, held a slight edge in the exchanges in the opening half on Saturday. They deservedly led by 0-6 to 0-4 at the interval.
Johnny Leonard was the first to raise a flag while Hugh Quinn responded for Tyrone with a nicely taken point at the other end of the field.
Ger Butler from Shrule converted a free from Mayo, and the border man was showing loads of promise in the early stages before taking a dig in the ribs which led to him being unable to continue a short time later. Paul Jordan from play and Noel Stagg (free) were Mayo's other scorers in the first half.
Tyrone moved ahead with scores from John McIlholme, Fergal Gormley, Vinnie Owens and Eamon Kavanagh, while the stylish Iggy Gallagher blasted narrowly wide with a goal certainly on his mind midway through the half.
It was ebb and flow from both sides during the opening ten minutes of the second half. Finally, Tourmakeady's Michael John Walsh broke the deadlock when he blasted over an inspirational point to cut the margin to the minimum.
The decisive score of the match came in the 43rd minute. Noel Stagg's effort was adequately dealt with by goalie Brian McCallion but, in his effort to punch the ball clear, Johnny Leonard nipped in to take advantage of the gift on offer and slotted the ball to the Tyrone net. From there to the end, Mayo were on top, adding two points from frees by Ciaran Carey and one from play by Johnny Leonard following a marvellous assist by Pat Fallon.
Tyrone's only second-half score was a point from a free by Eamon Kavanagh, the former Omagh Town and Glentoran Irish League player. Seán Darcy was presented with a chance to equalise in the 28th minute but Declan O'Boyle was equal to the challenge, bringing off a fine save between the Mayo posts.
The fact that the Tyrone front six were limited to just two points was testament to the commitment and sheer dedication of the Mayo defence. Gerard Sheridan, John Pat Sheridan and Gerry Carmody held a firm full-back line.
In front of them, Anthony McGarry, Tim Moriarty and Eddie Ball also showed great intensity. McGarry had to be on top of his game as he was up against the highly accomplished Iggy Gallagher.

Pat Fallon and Michael John Walsh played a central role in guiding Mayo across the line. Johnny Leonard led the Mayo attack where there were also notable displays from Noel Stagg, Paul Jordan, Ciaran Carey and Kieran Gallagher.
Tyrone had some top performers too and chief among them were Iggy Gallagher and Raymond Monroe, both of whom but in heroic displays for the Ulster side. There were also fine displays from Fergal Owens, Gavin McIlroy, Eamon Kavanagh, Kevin Bogle, Vinny Owens and Hugh Quinn.
For Mayo manager Kenneth Mortimer and his helpers Pádraig Mohan and 'Sconny' Conroy, this was an afternoon to cherish.
The sense of joy experienced by the Mayo panel was best summed up in John Pat Sheridan's passionate speech after accepting the cup from Mickey Loftus. No one was left in any doubt as to what this championship means to the veteran players.
The nearest thing to Santa Claus in Abbeylara last Saturday was legendary Mayo supporter 'St Patrick', John Durkan from Cogaula, Westport. After much heartbreak following the green and red in 2009, he finally came on a winner and was a happy man. Up Mayo!

Mayo
D O'Boyle; G Sheridan, JP Sheridan, G Carmody; A McGarry, T Moriarty, E Ball; MJ Walsh (0-1), P Fallon; K Duffy, P Jordan (0-1), A Campbell; J Leonard (1-2), N Stagg (0-1f), G Butler (0-1f).
Subs used: K Gallagher for G Butler (inj); C Carey (0-2, 2f) for P Jordan; S Higgins for A Campbell; T Morrin for N Stagg; M McLoughlin for E Ball (inj).

Tyrone
B McCallion; K Boggle, G McIlroy, M Harvey; L Sweeney, R Monroe, E Kavanagh (0-3, 3f); F Gormley (0-1), V Owens ((0-1); H Quinn (0-1), M Cummins, I Gallagher; A McGahon, S Darcy, J McIlholme (0-1).
Sub used: R McKenna for L Sweeney.

Referee: M Brady (Cavan)

THE MAIN MAN
Pat Fallon
Mayo

THE legendary midfielder led by example and won a lot of vital possession which created many scores.

Rocky Mc Guigan

I wonder did Stewartstown keep all the receipts from the gear their prospective manager ordered before he changed his mind and headed for Gortacladdy!!

Zapatista

Quote from: trileacman on November 27, 2009, 07:21:47 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on November 27, 2009, 08:21:02 AM
Quote from: the goal was on on November 26, 2009, 07:43:02 PM
is mc ginn def heading to the lough. I thought he would be looking back to dromore esp if porter and goodwin are stepping down. has coalisland appointed yet. I think an experienced manager with pedigree is needed to take them on.

Why would Porter and Goodwin step down after winning the Championship?

Porter doesnt want to be a manager and Goodwin can't. Simple as.

Porter and Goodwin are staying for 2010.

Shamrocks forever

Heard a `wimper martin mckinless is the new derryaughan manager to be assisted by karl conlan dont no how true it is,any derrylaughan lads shed any light on the situation? maybe another bull shit rumour.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Shamrocks forever on December 31, 2009, 02:16:38 PM
Heard a `wimper martin mckinless is the new derryaughan manager to be assisted by karl conlan dont no how true it is,any derrylaughan lads shed any light on the situation? maybe another bull shit rumour.

I had heard somewhere that Neil McCloy was staying with Derrylaughin and Paul McFlynn was joining him.

on the sideline

A few questions for yous lads!
Has Packy Canavan joined Peter at Errigal or who is he with?
Who is/was in Clarkes backroom team at Carmen?

Who would yous rate as good young trainers in the county, like Porter at Dromore & Stevy Quinn at Greencastle?

Cheers!

barelegs

Quote from: loughshore lad on December 31, 2009, 03:18:21 PM
Quote from: Shamrocks forever on December 31, 2009, 02:16:38 PM

I had heard somewhere that Neil McCloy was staying with Derrylaughin and Paul McFlynn was joining him.

Heard this evening from a pretty reliable source that McKinless has got the job .

No way ref

Quote from: on the sideline on November 06, 2009, 03:13:58 PM
Any word on new managerial appointments throughout the County?
or, on what clubs have parted company with last years management?
or, who will be staying same as last year?

Also, has anyone any suggestions as to who they think would make good coaches or trainers, to accompany managers, i.e. Porter at Dromore, or Stevie Quinn with the 'Castle
Quote from: on the sideline on December 31, 2009, 03:43:13 PM
A few questions for yous lads!
Has Packy Canavan joined Peter at Errigal or who is he with?
Who is/was in Clarkes backroom team at Carmen?

Who would yous rate as good young trainers in the county, like Porter at Dromore & Stevy Quinn at Greencastle?
Cheers!
You seem to like stevy  ::)