Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandloo

Quote from: MR99 on November 06, 2009, 10:52:23 AM
You tell us how you would prepare a county team for the championship without playing 15 aside games to allow you and the team to be ready for a game. Remember Tyrone don't play challenge matches, and nobody forces these lads to stay on the panel, they are more than happy to be part of it and it will improve them as footballers because they are playing and training with better footballers all year. Surely your not one of these coaches who have players running around cones from the start of the season to the end of it

You tell me how going for 2 months at a time without a competitive game as happened this year is bettering a players career?  I would be all for Harte keeping a panel of 30-34 as long as he released the players who aren't being used in championship games to play for their club on Sunday's.  At the end of the day, club football is the heart of the GAA, perhaps you are one of these so called 'supporters' who go to County games only and never watch your club, yet cry foul when your name isn't called out for an All-Ireland ticket  ???
[/quote]
Good post
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Zapatista

Quote from: Man Marker on November 06, 2009, 11:23:17 AM
I have witnessed training games in the Tyrone set up and its a cut above the games they will be getting in the vast majority of club games. Extremely competitive, extremely fast and your decision make skills are tested at all times, thats how they improve. I have yet to see any sportsman who does not get better when training with better athletes. You wont be playing football for two months in Jan and Feb and I wont hear of a word of compliant from you

Muligan, Mulgrew & Penrose are amoung players who had to be talked out of concentrating on Club football. Some couldn't be talked out of it. It's can't be easy if your not playing regular compteitive football.

Tommo2

Quote from: redhandloo on November 06, 2009, 10:56:07 AM
You tell us how you would prepare a county team for the championship without playing 15 aside games to allow you and the team to be ready for a game. Remember Tyrone don't play challenge matches, and nobody forces these lads to stay on the panel, they are more than happy to be part of it and it will improve them as footballers because they are playing and training with better footballers all year. Surely your not one of these coaches who have players running around cones from the start of the season to the end of it

You tell me how going for 2 months at a time without a competitive game as happened this year is bettering a players career?  I would be all for Harte keeping a panel of 30-34 as long as he released the players who aren't being used in championship games to play for their club on Sunday's.  At the end of the day, club football is the heart of the GAA, perhaps you are one of these so called 'supporters' who go to County games only and never watch your club, yet cry foul when your name isn't called out for an All-Ireland ticket  ???
Good post
[/quote]

I actually think the starred system worked pretty well this year for the clubs with county players. I think the county players only missed 4 club league games and the leagues were effectively finished at the end of September. Club players got continuous football. There are a few issues that need to be sorted i.e. who play who in the starred games. Foe example, Kildress (0 county players) played Moy this year. The Moy should play their starred games against Omagh (3), Dromore (4-5), Errigal (3), Ardboe (2) and Killyclogher (2). Kildress should have been playing Clonoe, Coalisland, Eglish, Loughmacrory (1) and someone else.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Tommo2 on November 06, 2009, 11:49:36 AM
Quote from: redhandloo on November 06, 2009, 10:56:07 AM

Good post

I actually think the starred system worked pretty well this year for the clubs with county players. I think the county players only missed 4 club league games and the leagues were effectively finished at the end of September. Club players got continuous football. There are a few issues that need to be sorted i.e. who play who in the starred games. Foe example, Kildress (0 county players) played Moy this year. The Moy should play their starred games against Omagh (3), Dromore (4-5), Errigal (3), Ardboe (2) and Killyclogher (2). Kildress should have been playing Clonoe, Coalisland, Eglish, Loughmacrory (1) and someone else.
[/quote]

That would be the perfect scenario Tommo but i'd imagine that would be a major headache for fixture organisers to sort out.                                                                             

on the sideline

Any word on new managerial appointments throughout the County?
or, on what clubs have parted company with last years management?
or, who will be staying same as last year?

Also, has anyone any suggestions as to who they think would make good coaches or trainers, to accompany managers, i.e. Porter at Dromore, or Stevie Quinn with the 'Castle

midnightcaller

Any comments of Skeltons mad outburst in the herald? He must have wanted to get himself back in the limelight..

Predictions for match tomorrow folks?

Zapatista

tyrone86

Quote from: Zapatista on November 06, 2009, 05:30:29 PM
What did he say?

http://www.nwipp-newspapers.com/UH/free/328997367448849.php

Whilst I would have had the same initial reaction as midnightcaller, when you read the quotes that are actually from Skelton and not whoever wrote the article, he's not that far away.

tyrone86

Another change in venue for tomorrow - this time just the Hurling.

In Mid Ulster Sports Arena at 2pm
O'Neills ACHL FInal
Naomh ColumCille v Eire Og in MUSA

In Pomeroy at 2.30pm
ONeills ACFL Final
An Charraig Mhor v Errigal Ciaran

tyssam5

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 06, 2009, 05:54:32 PM
What did he say?

Whilst I would have had the same initial reaction as midnightcaller, when you read the quotes that are actually from Skelton and not whoever wrote the article, he's not that far away.

I agree with nearly everything he says. Everyone knows these suspensions are meaningless.

Family guy

Killeeshil are supposed to have announced the appointment of gusty mc mullan as manager with milo skeffington helping out.They also appointed the double team management for the reserves in Eugene Quinn and Francie Lappin

Is a 2 man team partnership good in your opinino???

[quote author=on the sideline link=topic=12.msg677495#msg677495 date=1257520438
Any word on new managerial appointments throughout the County?
or, on what clubs have parted company with last years management?
or, who will be staying same as last year?

Also, has anyone any suggestions as to who they think would make good coaches or trainers, to accompany managers, i.e. Porter at Dromore, or Stevie Quinn with the 'Castle
[/quote]

Zapatista

Quote from: Family guy on November 06, 2009, 11:33:59 PM
Killeeshil are supposed to have announced the appointment of gusty mc mullan as manager with milo skeffington helping out.They also appointed the double team management for the reserves in Eugene Quinn and Francie Lappin

Is a 2 man team partnership good in your opinino???

Didn't do Dromore any harm.

EC Unique

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 06, 2009, 05:54:32 PM
What did he say?

Is there not a period over the winter where suspensions don't count?

There are several players on both sides missing out on todays final which for most of them is the biggest game of their season and only chance of silverware so I don't see how they are going un-punnished?

Bit of a rant I say.

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on November 07, 2009, 09:43:28 AM

There are several players on both sides missing out on todays final which for most of them is the biggest game of their season and only chance of silverware so I don't see how they are going un-punnished?

Bit of a rant I say.

It's one game regardless of it being a final or not. Do you think a championship game should count for more in a suspension or a league game count for less? Missing one game might mean the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

EC Unique

Quote from: Zapatista on November 07, 2009, 09:59:33 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on November 07, 2009, 09:43:28 AM

Bit of a rant I say.

It's one game regardless of it being a final or not. Do you think a championship game should count for more in a suspension or a league game count for less? Missing one game might mean the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Will the guys that got 8 weeks and 12 weeks not miss more than one game taking the winter game into consideration?