The Official Mick McCarthy/Ipswich Town Appreciation Thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, April 18, 2009, 05:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ludermor on March 24, 2010, 12:29:12 PM
What happened in Saipan????
Some guy drove round in circles in this massive white limo for ages and ages.

ludermor

http://www.saipantribune.com/searchresult.aspx?cat=0

I cant get the articles which is a shame, they might have had some local knowledge of the events.  ;)

Asal Mor

Go on the Wolves. Great win for them last night. Now 1/10 to avoid relegation. Well done Mick.

Celt_Man

Quote from: T Fearon on March 24, 2010, 10:11:49 AM
MS, I doubt that the langers worshippers would be quiet if the roles were reversed, ie Keane was successfully managing an unfashionable club in the Premiership while Mc Carthy was guiding Ipswich Town (European Trophy winners less than 30 years ago) to home defeats in the Championship against Plymouth Argyle.

Saipan will never be forgotten, and what Keane did then was and still is unforgivable

:D :D :D :D :D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

new devil

Quote from: Boycey on March 24, 2010, 04:55:00 PM
Is it just me or does his nose get more crooked as the years go on??

A f**king pig

Dinny Breen

QuoteA f**king pig

A bit harsh, he might not be everyones cup of tea but the lad has done well and you have to admire his honesty and admits he made mistakes over Saipan as has Keane. Doing an excellent job with Wolves.
#newbridgeornowhere

longrunsthefox

Denn Forever

The team that beat West Ham contained 8 of the players that were on the weakened team that was sent out against  Man Utd.  Were Woles finded and when do they get. there money back.

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

slow corner back

Wolves were fined and I doubt if they will get the money back. However Mick did make a point in a press conference before the west ham match to note that Carlton Cole, Scott Parker, Benny McCarthy and someone else who I cant remember were all left on the bench for West Hams match against Arsenal on the Saturday before West Ham v  Wolves

The Real Laoislad

Wolves now safe and will be in the Premier League next year, fair play to Mick!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hoof Hearted

What happened the Candy jersey lad, i see you have went to the attic now to dig out the Hitachi jersey !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Catch the high ball

Wolves sign winger Stephen Hunt from Hull 

Hunt missed the end of Hull's season with a foot injury
Winger Stephen Hunt has signed a three-year contract at Wolves after moving from Hull for an undisclosed fee.

The Tigers, who were relegated from the Premier League in May, rejected a £5m bid from Wolves earlier this year.

But Republic of Ireland international Hunt, 28, struck an agreement with Hull chairman Adam Pearson that he would be allowed to leave if the club went down.

Hunt missed the end of last season with a foot injury and is not expected to be fit to return until late October.

"It's been a long time coming in terms of all the speculation," Hunt, referring to the bid from Wolves back in January, told the club's website.

"It was out of my control what happened in January, now it's done I'm looking forward to getting going."

Hunt is hoping that he will be able to make his Wolves debut sooner than October but will not rush his return.

"I'll be following the instructions of the physiotherapists but hopefully it might be a bit sooner than that.

"But it's important that it's all done right and so when I come back it's ready and fine for the rest of the season."

Hunt follows defender Steven Mouyokolo from Hull to Wolves to become the fifth summer arrival at Molineux.

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy has already signed Belgium defender Jelle Van Damme from Anderlecht, striker Steven Fletcher from Burnley and Algeria midfielder Adlene Guedioura who had been on a season-long loan from Charleroi.

GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Catch the high ball

Are any of ye on here bonafide Wolves fans?

I am semi Wolves.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Main Street

You mean bonafide fans, like 99% of all the other Irish epl bonalfide fans, e.g. one who goes along to a friendly and cheers for the epl team against Irish opposition?
Or do you actually mean a real fan who grew up living and breathing the club?