The Official Mick McCarthy/Ipswich Town Appreciation Thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, April 18, 2009, 05:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Congrats to the great man and his Wolves team for being promoted to the Premiership for next season :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Fair fucks to him, when Wolves were struggling last year he kept at it through the tough times. Unlike some other Irish club managers. . . .
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on April 18, 2009, 05:20:58 PM
Fair f**ks to him, when Wolves were struggling last year he kept at it through the tough times. Unlike some other Irish club managers. . . .

Delighted for him too,he wouldn't have had a huge budget either.
Will be hard for him next year though as I doubt he will get the funding to get the players needed to stay up.
Fair achievement all the same I think they still have 4 or 5 games left in the Championship,so to get promoted early is great.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mountainboii

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 18, 2009, 05:45:22 PM
Fair f**ks to him, when Wolves were struggling last year he kept at it through the tough times. Unlike some other Irish club managers. . . .

Will be hard for him next year though as I doubt he will get the funding to get the players needed to stay up.
Fair achievement all the same I think they still have 4 or 5 games left in the Championship,so to get promoted early is great.

Only 2, but still a great achievement. How many times now has McCarthy got a team promoted?

EDIT: just checked out wiki, he's only got two teams promoted but has gotten into the playoffs another few times. Seems to be the man to get you out of the Championship. Can he do it in the Premier League now though?

The Subbie

Quote from: AFS on April 18, 2009, 06:04:53 PM

Only 2, but still a great achievement. How many times now has McCarthy got a team promoted?

EDIT: just checked out wiki, he's only got two teams promoted but has gotten into the playoffs another few times. Seems to be the man to get you out of the Championship. Can he do it in the Premier League now though?

If he gets the £££££££ yes if he does'nt not a chance

Tankie

Can we not set up a soccer section on this board so that all the lads can chat about the sport there?
Grand Slam Saturday!

magpie seanie

Fair play to McCarthy. Big turnaround from 15 months ago when many Wolves fans were booing him and wanted him out so fair play to him for sticking it out.

muppet

Man resigns.

Wow.  ::)
MWWSI 2017

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Tankie on April 18, 2009, 06:19:39 PM
Can we not set up a soccer section on this board so that all the lads can chat about the sport there?

No. Though a section for you and Gnevin to yap about not liking soccer on would have my support.

Great achievement for Big Mick. Always like to see him doing well. Not sure if he's likely to get much investment but if Evans Blake can re-create this season's form next year they should have a good ahnce.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

slow corner back

Well done to big Mick delighted for him, he was very harshly treated as irish manager so glad to see him do well on the club scene. Looking forward to next year he now has three months to bring players in. I heard earlier today that Reading were unsure of even making the playoffs, if they do not make it I would not be surprised to see Mick in for Steven Hunt or Kevin Doyle. Hope he can bring in a few players and keep the momentum going.

Tankie

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 18, 2009, 06:33:25 PM
Quote from: Tankie on April 18, 2009, 06:19:39 PM

No. Though a section for you and Gnevin to yap about not liking soccer on would have my support.

Great achievement for Big Mick. Always like to see him doing well. Not sure if he's likely to get much investment but if Evans Blake can re-create this season's form next year they should have a good ahnce.

i do like soccer but with all the British soccer threads on this board maybe its time to create and section for soccer?
Grand Slam Saturday!

under the bar

Well done to YoYo Mick, the only manager whose been up and down more often than Ulrika Jonsson's knickers.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: The Subbie on April 18, 2009, 06:17:41 PM
Quote from: AFS on April 18, 2009, 06:04:53 PM

If he gets the £££££££ yes if he does'nt not a chance

Thats about the bones of it..
He won't survive in the PL without some money to spend.
He has a couple of Irish guys like Keogh and Kevin Foley.
Ya wouldn't know but if Newcastle gets relegated someone like Duff might sign for him as I can't see him going to one of the Top teams at this stage,he must be pushing 30 ?
You'll Never Walk Alone.