Norf Tyrone

Did you see McCarthy ready to clock the fan at full time today...  ;D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 26, 2009, 12:26:35 AM
Did you see McCarthy ready to clock the fan at full time today...  ;D

A pity he didn't clock the langer in '02   

Leo

If the boy wonder from Cork had achieved what Mick has done with Wolves RTE would have had an hour long documentary about it and there would be  weekly column in the Irish Times. Howeverat least it has been enough for even Dunphy to recognise that the man has built a good team with practically no budget, youngest squad in the league and played great football. He won't keep them in PL because (a) he'll not get the £50 million or so the Niall Quinn consortiumm threw at the langer and they (b) he won't resort to Stoke City battering ram tactics.
Fierce tame altogether

Main Street

Mick says when he won promotion with Sunderland he was given a budget of £6m for players, wages, signing-on fees, everything.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Leo on April 26, 2009, 06:43:16 AM
If the boy wonder from Cork had achieved what Mick has done with Wolves RTE would have had an hour long documentary about it and there would be  weekly column in the Irish Times. Howeverat least it has been enough for even Dunphy to recognise that the man has built a good team with practically no budget, youngest squad in the league and played great football. He won't keep them in PL because (a) he'll not get the £50 million or so the Niall Quinn consortiumm threw at the langer and they (b) he won't resort to Stoke City battering ram tactics.

Can you not just compliment Mick McCarthy on his achievement without referring to Roy Keane. This is about Mick and Wolves. Nothing to do with Saipan. About time people got over it - like Roy and Mick have.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Jen Cui

T Fearon

Great to see Mick doing so well (though fcuk him for taking 6 points off Spurs this season ;D). He should never have been shatfed by the FAI and his managerial career continues to leave Keane looking like a dick

magpie seanie

Quote from: T Fearon on March 23, 2010, 10:05:17 PM
Great to see Mick doing so well (though fcuk him for taking 6 points off Spurs this season ;D). He should never have been shatfed by the FAI and his managerial career continues to leave Keane looking like a dick

I refer you back to my message of April 26th 2009.

T Fearon

MS, I doubt that the langers worshippers would be quiet if the roles were reversed, ie Keane was successfully managing an unfashionable club in the Premiership while Mc Carthy was guiding Ipswich Town (European Trophy winners less than 30 years ago) to home defeats in the Championship against Plymouth Argyle.

Saipan will never be forgotten, and what Keane did then was and still is unforgivable

magpie seanie

McCarthy and Keane were able to sort out their differences so spare me the faux outrage. Your post is simply laughable as usual - as if Ipswich winning a European trophy almost 30 years ago has anything to do with today. Ridiculous but not surprising coming from your good self.

Billys Boots

Hang on now Seanie - Spurs have won European trophies in the dim and distant past, so it's highly relevent (on Planet Tony).
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...