The Official Mick McCarthy/Ipswich Town Appreciation Thread

Started by The Real Laoislad, April 18, 2009, 05:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch the high ball

Quote from: Main Street on August 15, 2010, 06:38:17 PM
You mean bonafide fans, like 99% of all the other Irish epl bonalfide fans, e.g. one who goes along to a friendly and cheers for the epl team against Irish opposition?
Or do you actually mean a real fan who grew up living and breathing the club?

Well maybe bonafide is a bit strong.

Just someone who supports them in the Premiership and maybe has a couple of bits of memoribilia.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Main Street

I have a copy of "The Doog" (and read it),
but I don't support Wolves.

That still puts me on top of the bonafide list.

Catch the high ball

It is a good book.

I have a family influence from Wolves. Have a couple of polo shirts, scarves etc. Going to Wolves vs United at Molineux on 5th Februrary.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Catch the high ball on August 16, 2010, 04:33:18 PM
It is a good book.

I have a family influence from Wolves.
Have a couple of polo shirts, scarves etc. Going to Wolves vs United at Molineux on 5th Februrary.

Were you in the Jungle Book?

Catch the high ball

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 16, 2010, 04:35:02 PM
Quote from: Catch the high ball on August 16, 2010, 04:33:18 PM
It is a good book.

I have a family influence from Wolves.
Have a couple of polo shirts, scarves etc. Going to Wolves vs United at Molineux on 5th Februrary.

Were you in the Jungle Book?

Completley uncalled for AZ Offaly!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Catch the high ball on August 15, 2010, 06:22:47 PM
Are any of ye on here bonafide Wolves fans?

I am semi Wolves.

No but my da is a lifelong Wolves fan, Billy Wright, Bert Williams etc. He dragged me along to see them in the 80s, 90s a few times, Robbie Dennison, Andy Mutch and the legend... Steve Bull!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

A boy who played the drums in a band I was in was a Wolves man from Kerry. Drove a Merc.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DirtyDozen12

Niall McGinn has been reported to be spotted around the Wolves football stadium!!!!!

He could be on his way, some move for him!!!!!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 16, 2010, 04:46:49 PM

I am semi Wolves.

No but my da is a lifelong Wolves fan, Billy Wright, Bert Williams etc. He dragged me along to see them in the 80s, 90s a few times, Robbie Dennison, Andy Mutch and the legend... Steve Bull!

Only seen this now...

My Dad is also lifelong Wolves fan though he never dragged me along to games! though i still check for the Wolves results

May i ask after all the effort of your dad why didn't you follow them?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

Quote from: ross4life on December 04, 2010, 11:37:22 PM

I am semi Wolves.

Only seen this now...

My Dad is also lifelong Wolves fan though he never dragged me along to games! though i still check for the Wolves results

I just wonder how anyone Irish ever ended up supporting Chelsea!

ross4life

Quote from: hardstation on December 05, 2010, 01:18:46 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 05, 2010, 01:06:38 AM
Quote from: ross4life on December 04, 2010, 11:37:22 PM

I am semi Wolves.

Only seen this now...

I just wonder how anyone Irish ever ended up supporting Chelsea!
The same reason people support Man United, Liverpool or Arsenal and indeed Leeds. The Irish have a habit of jumping on a 'good thing'. Just look at the Celtic Tiger. You'd think we'd all have learned our lesson after those yella Spanish cnuts let us down at Kinsale.

I beg to differ a lot of people in this Country started supporting those because of the Irish connections, something Chelsea don't have a much.

But of course u'll always get bandwagon supporters when someone is successful (not talking about you Norf i'm sure you have your reasons)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: hardstation on December 05, 2010, 01:37:47 AM
I suppose it may just be a coincidence that these are successful teams and our Paddy just happened to be near them all.

Well the Irish are well known for building greatness on foreign land (New York would be an example)

magpie seanie

Hardstation - I understand your point but I think its different with Chelsea. They'd have as many Irish links as Rangers, probably less.

fearbrags

Great night for Big Mick. Always like to see him doing well. A  few more results like this and  he might  kept them up again

stew

Quote from: fearbrags on December 30, 2010, 03:55:46 AM
Great night for Big Mick. Always like to see him doing well. A  few more results like this and  he might  kept them up again

I agree fearbags, i would like to see west ham go down and wolves stay up, just because of McCarthy and the fact the ammers should have been down a few years ago.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.