Can Kilkenny be stopped this year??

Started by thejuice, April 05, 2009, 05:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Just watching them make sh!t of Cork. They've destroyed everyone emphatically with the exception of Limerick and Waterford, they look like they are almost back to the level they were at for last years final. Considering whats happened in Cork for the last 6 or so months todays result is not much of a shock.

In Leinster this year even with Galway and Antrim there its still looking like a stroll for them. No-one in Munster have shown anything like the intensity the Cats are bringing right now.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

BallyhaiseMan

i honestly dont think a team of the pick of the rest of the counties could beat a Full strength Kilkenny team.
They really are an awesome outfit.

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Reillers

We'll be able to tell a lot come championship time. Teams need time. Like Tipp look shocking now but they'll be there or there abouts come championship, Cork are very behind because of the strike, and they are not as bad as they were today, they'll be there or there abouts come championship as well. You never can and you never will tell much from the League.
So we'll have to wait and see where the other teams are later on in the season to judge.

EddieMerx

Well my opinion remains the same, no-one is capable of beating them when they are playing at even 70% of their ability! Tipp are the closest to them but Kilkenny need a major dip in performance to lose to them.

Reillers

I think a team be it Waterford, Cork, Tipp whoever, would be able to catch Kk cold in a semi final and I'd say that's about it. I can't see them being beaten in a final unless they were sloppy and such. Which never happens.

Bud Wiser

QuoteI think a team be it Waterford, Cork, Tipp whoever, would be able to catch Kk cold in a semi final

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Good man Reillers.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Reillers

Quote from: Bud Wiser on April 05, 2009, 06:43:17 PM
QuoteI think a team be it Waterford, Cork, Tipp whoever, would be able to catch Kk cold in a semi final

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Good man Reillers.

Tipp were absolutely trashed as well, where's your laughing at them. Grow up will ya.

Lecale2

Bud Wiser

QuoteTipp were absolutely trashed as well, where's your laughing at them. Grow up will ya.

Tipp didn't have eight goals and a hundred and one points put past them in the league so far this year that's why I am not laughing at them.  Tipp will probably be in the League Final, thats why I am not laughing at them, and please don't tell me that the eight goals and over a hundred points were scored on Geralds watch.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Reillers

Quote from: Bud Wiser on April 05, 2009, 07:23:59 PM
QuoteTipp were absolutely trashed as well, where's your laughing at them. Grow up will ya.

Tipp didn't have eight goals and a hundred and one points put past them in the league so far this year that's why I am not laughing at them.  Tipp will probably be in the League Final, thats why I am not laughing at them, and please don't tell me that the eight goals and ove a hundred points were scored on Gerlads watch.

Tipp didn't have a weak team playing for 3 of those games now did they, all of which were very high scores and contributed to nearly all of that 100 points, now didn't they. Cork now have won 2 of their 3 games, not a bad return for players who've only just started playing together again this season with a new coach. As for Tipp, they've gotten worse if anything. Don't try and kid yourself you're saying what you're saying purely because it's Cork. At least admit what you're doing instead of trying to twist facts. FFS.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 05, 2009, 07:31:04 PM

Tipp didn't have eight goals and a hundred and one points put past them in the league so far this year that's why I am not laughing at them.  Tipp will probably be in the League Final, thats why I am not laughing at them, and please don't tell me that the eight goals and ove a hundred points were scored on Gerlads watch.

Tipp didn't have a weak team playing for 3 of those games now did they, all of which were very high scores and contributed to nearly all of that 100 points, now didn't they. Cork now have won 2 of their 3 games, not a bad return for players who've only just started playing together again this season with a new coach. As for Tipp, they've gotten worse if anything. Don't try and kid yourself you're saying what you're saying purely because it's Cork. At least admit what you're doing instead of trying to twist facts. FFS.

Why didn't you travel to the game today Reillers?

Bud Wiser

Twisting facts?  Jesus, you said Cork are a team likely to catch Kilkenny cold !!!!   The only ones likely to catch cold are the ones that ran Gerald and may ahve to give back the tracksuits.    Am I delighted Cork were trounced today, yes I am, I have to admit.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 05, 2009, 07:35:52 PM

:-\ I did, I was there.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 05, 2009, 07:37:38 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 05, 2009, 07:35:52 PM

:-\ I did, I was there.

You were online here about 30 minutes after the game ended - did you travel home by Concorde?