Can Kilkenny be stopped this year??

Started by thejuice, April 05, 2009, 05:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: Bud Wiser on April 05, 2009, 07:37:06 PM
Twisting facts?  Jesus, you said Cork are a team likely to catch Kilkenny cold !!!!   The only ones likely to catch cold are the ones that ran Gerald and may ahve to give back the tracksuits.    Am I delighted Cork were trounced today, yes I am, I have to admit.

Ya in a couple of months. This team has had about 3 or 4 weeks together, give them a chance ffs. Half of the players have barely been on the senior side for more then 5 minutes. Is it out of the question to ask for more then 24 odd days together or more then a handful of hours with a coach?

And I know you were delighted Cork lost and the likes of you who have the same opinion will be one of the key reasons why Cork will go on and do well this season.

Lets give the Cork players more then a few hours of training before you judge them this season.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 05, 2009, 07:40:57 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 05, 2009, 07:37:38 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 05, 2009, 07:35:52 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 05, 2009, 07:31:04 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on April 05, 2009, 07:23:59 PM
QuoteTipp were absolutely trashed as well, where's your laughing at them. Grow up will ya.

Tipp didn't have eight goals and a hundred and one points put past them in the league so far this year that's why I am not laughing at them.  Tipp will probably be in the League Final, thats why I am not laughing at them, and please don't tell me that the eight goals and ove a hundred points were scored on Gerlads watch.

Tipp didn't have a weak team playing for 3 of those games now did they, all of which were very high scores and contributed to nearly all of that 100 points, now didn't they. Cork now have won 2 of their 3 games, not a bad return for players who've only just started playing together again this season with a new coach. As for Tipp, they've gotten worse if anything. Don't try and kid yourself you're saying what you're saying purely because it's Cork. At least admit what you're doing instead of trying to twist facts. FFS.

Why didn't you travel to the game today Reillers?

:-\ I did, I was there.

You were online here about 30 minutes after the game ended - did you travel home by Concorde?

Ya but on my phone.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on April 05, 2009, 07:42:59 PM
QuoteTipp were absolutely trashed as well, where's your laughing at them. Grow up will ya.

Tipp didn't have eight goals and a hundred and one points put past them in the league so far this year that's why I am not laughing at them.  Tipp will probably be in the League Final, thats why I am not laughing at them, and please don't tell me that the eight goals and ove a hundred points were scored on Gerlads watch.

Tipp didn't have a weak team playing for 3 of those games now did they, all of which were very high scores and contributed to nearly all of that 100 points, now didn't they. Cork now have won 2 of their 3 games, not a bad return for players who've only just started playing together again this season with a new coach. As for Tipp, they've gotten worse if anything. Don't try and kid yourself you're saying what you're saying purely because it's Cork. At least admit what you're doing instead of trying to twist facts. FFS.

You were online here about 30 minutes after the game ended - did you travel home by Concorde?

Ya but on my phone.

Thats a bad road b/w KK & Cork to be driving and messing about on a phone too.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Reillers on April 05, 2009, 07:42:23 PM
Twisting facts?  Jesus, you said Cork are a team likely to catch Kilkenny cold !!!!   The only ones likely to catch cold are the ones that ran Gerald and may ahve to give back the tracksuits.    Am I delighted Cork were trounced today, yes I am, I have to admit.

Ya in a couple of months. This team has had about 3 or 4 weeks together, give them a chance ffs. Half of the players have barely been on the senior side for more then 5 minutes. Is it out of the question to ask for more then 24 odd days together or more then a handful of hours with a coach?

And I know you were delighted Cork lost and the likes of you who have the same opinion will be one of the key reasons why Cork will go on and do well this season.

Lets give the Cork players more then a few hours of training before you judge them this season.
I thought the '08 panel were training by themselves since last November?

I think in hindsight people will look back and say the strike only delayed the rebuilding job that needs to be done in Cork.
It would be a brave manager to drop some of the 30 something year old Cork hurlers that are over the hill though.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on April 05, 2009, 07:44:32 PM
Quote from: Reillers on April 05, 2009, 07:42:59 PM

Ya but on my phone.

Thats a bad road b/w KK & Cork to be driving and messing about on a phone too.

Good thing I wasn't driving then wasn't it.

Bud Wiser

In the coach with the other 250 supporters?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Reillers

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on April 05, 2009, 07:45:50 PM

I thought the '08 panel were training by themselves since last November?

I think in hindsight people will look back and say the strike only delayed the rebuilding job that needs to be done in Cork.
It would be a brave manager to drop some of the 30 something year old Cork hurlers that are over the hill though.

By THEMSELVES ya. It was mainly fitness they did. Nothing in comparison to the other counties at all, just something to keep them sane really I suppose.
The over the hill 30 something year olds.
Like who? The twins are on excellent form.
Kenny as well, Curran had a good enough game today, Sully hasn't played yet all season, Sean Og is out injured.
So who do you want him to drop?

Reillers

Quote from: Bud Wiser on April 05, 2009, 07:54:13 PM
In the coach with the other 250 supporters?

There was over 10,000 people and a lot of them were Cork fans Bud. No we drove up ourselves.

INDIANA

You should be doing PR for the Government Reillers. With bullshit like the above even Brian Cowen could win the next election.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 05, 2009, 08:18:40 PM

You should be doing PR for the Government Reillers. With bullshit like the above even Brian Cowen could win the next election.
So now you're saying that the Cork team haven't been together for just 3 or 4 weeks with a new a new coach for at the very most 2 trainings, which of the points a just made are bullshit.

INDIANA

Its not Reillers - all the training in the world won't turn back the clock for those players. I've been right all along so far Reilllers, and I'll be right on this too.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on April 05, 2009, 08:38:16 PM
Its not Reillers - all the training in the world won't turn back the clock for those players. I've been right all along so far Reilllers, and I'll be right on this too.

So you're saying that they haven't been together for less then 4 weeks and about 2 sessions at the most with the new manager.

magpie seanie

So who is to blame for this hammering for Cork? Gerald McCarthy can't be blamed can he? Maybe Frank gave them the wrong drinks? Simple fact is the over-inflated GPA driven egos are no match for lads who are hungry for hurling.

I enjoyed that today. It's great for the honest, decent GAA person to see KK flaking that Cork team by that much.

To go back to the question there is not a hope anyone can touch them if they keep themselves on the rails. They can only beat themselves.

Reillers

And people like you are exactly what will drive the Cork team on this year, the "fans" who talk like that and boo them before they even go onto the pitch, hell they'll probably be the ones throwing bottle tops as well, that will be the fuel that will feed Cork this season.

INDIANA

Kilkenny were missing as many players as you. noel hickey- cha- jj delaney- comerford

There is no Cork forward Brian Cody would want

There is no cork u21 that Brian Cody would want

In fact there is no Cork player Brian Cody would want

The pick of the country wouldn;t beat Kilkenny at present but you expect us to believe Cork will " with a bit of training". The only advice I can give any team playing Kilkenny this year is to hide the ball. Or maybe Cork could organise a strike with the rest of the teams.