Quote from: Gmac on April 24, 2023, 05:32:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2023, 04:03:52 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 22, 2023, 12:17:26 AM
Quote from: whitey on April 21, 2023, 11:12:46 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 21, 2023, 11:03:03 PM
Secretary Blinken no less , ! What an evil web they weave

They're a pack of cvnts

Watergate pales in comparison with what they've pulled
they did it to install a Paul von Hindenburg as president while the loons try to destroy the country from the shadows

;D Great stuff Gmac.  ;D
dems won't be doing debates as part of primaries wonder why 🤔

Won't, or don't currently have plans?

Biden is the presumptive nominee if he wants it. Marianne Williamson is not a serious candidate. Neither is RFK Jr. I'm sure if a serious candidate emerges or Biden opts out, plans would change.

You were pushing the Biden = vegetable nonsense during the 2020 election. Biden did just fine in those debates, including the ones with Trump.
sure he should be well able to debate them so , RFK can barely speak

Why would he bother?

There were a few far more plausible candidates in the GOP primaries in 2020.

Did the RNC hold any debates? If so, did Trump take part in any?
the dems wouldn't give a platform to a Kennedy ?  why not ?

Because they don't feel his politics are in line with the party's, to state the bleeding obvious?

Why didn't the RNC hold debates for Trump's challengers in 2020?

Were you whining about that at the time?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 24, 2023, 06:45:47 PM
Tucker got under the skin of the regime a bit too much it seems.

That's the Rupert-Lachlan Murdoch imperial regime, feeling a little lighter in the pocket this week, that you're talking about, one assumes?

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 24, 2023, 06:43:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2023, 06:35:17 PM

They did. He didn't.

Those debates were not RNC hosted. They were private events.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2023, 06:52:48 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 24, 2023, 06:39:40 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 24, 2023, 06:18:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2023, 06:07:25 PM

They're a pack of cvnts

they did it to install a Paul von Hindenburg as president while the loons try to destroy the country from the shadows

;D Great stuff Gmac.  ;D

Biden is the presumptive nominee if he wants it. Marianne Williamson is not a serious candidate. Neither is RFK Jr. I'm sure if a serious candidate emerges or Biden opts out, plans would change.

You were pushing the Biden = vegetable nonsense during the 2020 election. Biden did just fine in those debates, including the ones with Trump.

Why would he bother?

Because they don't feel his politics are in line with the party's, to state the bleeding obvious?

no or you either , maybe msnbc never told you ?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2023, 06:55:01 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 24, 2023, 06:43:16 PM

They did. He didn't.

Those debates were not RNC hosted. They were private events.

gotcha

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 24, 2023, 06:58:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2023, 06:52:48 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 24, 2023, 06:39:40 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 24, 2023, 06:18:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2023, 06:07:25 PM

They're a pack of cvnts

;D Great stuff Gmac.  ;D

Why would he bother?

no or you either , maybe msnbc never told you ?

Why would I have whined about it when its been routine for decades for there not to be official debates in either party when an incumbent president is going to run again in the absence of a serious challenge?

It didn't even occur to me to even think about the fact that Biden, or Trump, or Obama, or GW Bush etc., etc., etc., didn't face debates in their re-election primaries.

You're the one who brought it up unprompted in your usual piss-weak attempt to score points.

More fool me for responding I guess...

dec

Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2023, 06:54:28 PM

That's the Rupert-Lachlan Murdoch imperial regime, feeling a little lighter in the pocket this week, that you're talking about, one assumes?

Even for people as rich as the Murdochs, three quarter of a billion has to sting a little bit.

johnnycool

Quote from: dec on April 24, 2023, 07:59:39 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 24, 2023, 06:54:28 PM

Even for people as rich as the Murdochs, three quarter of a billion has to sting a little bit.

Is that not just the start of it?

Smartmatic up next, no?

J70

The rumours are that Carlson wasn't fired for any of his on-air coverage on Dominion or Jan 6 or anything else. He WAS a casualty of the Dominion case discovery process and wider internal fallout, but it was because it revealed some "problematic" views he held on Fox management, Trump and in general, towards women in the work place. Similar to Ailes and O'Reilly before him I guess on the last issue of creating a hostile workplace for women.

Ironically, Don Lemon also went for a view he expressed on women i.e. Nicki Haley, although in his case it was because he made a stupid comment on air.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on April 25, 2023, 12:25:24 PM
The rumours are that Carlson wasn't fired for any of his on-air coverage on Dominion or Jan 6 or anything else. He WAS a casualty of the Dominion case discovery process and wider internal fallout, but it was because it revealed some "problematic" views he held on Fox management, Trump and in general, towards women in the work place. Similar to Ailes and O'Reilly before him I guess on the last issue of creating a hostile workplace for women.

Ironically, Don Lemon also went for a view he expressed on women i.e. Nicki Haley, although in his case it was because he made a stupid comment on air.

I think Tucker was just a d1ck to everyone and when the texts came out it was the final straw for a lot of people

Don Lemon similarly disliked and from what I've heard over the past 24 hours, not too many sad to see the back of him either

J70

I think to ascend to that level of prominence in a cut-throat industry, you have to be at least a bit of a dick, although that doesn't excuse some of the misogyny we're now hearing about (apparently Carlson and his team were having a debate in front of all the staff prior to a segment about who they'd prefer to sleep with - Gretchen Whitmer or her at-the-time GOP challenger whom they were about to interview on air).

But they're all replaceable. No one is bigger than the organization, as they've just found out.

Wonder what happens to Carlson now? He had huge influence, but so did the likes of O'Reilly and, for a time, Glenn Beck before him.

O'Reilly apparently has a podcast and other things, but his profile is miniscule compared to the one he had when he was on Fox in that 9pm ET slot.

Gmac

Who will move on and be a bigger star now don or tucker ? I know who my money would be on .

J70

Lemon is a bit of a non-entity. Nowhere near as famous/infamous as Carlson.

And zero influence by comparison. No governors shaping policy or political stunts based on what Lemon has been pushing. No one suing Lemon and CNN based on the spread of unretracted conspiracy theories about their roles in events like January 6.

At least as far as I'm aware. ;)

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 25, 2023, 03:45:24 PM
Lemon is a bit of a non-entity. Nowhere near as famous/infamous as Carlson.

And zero influence by comparison. No governors shaping policy or political stunts based on what Lemon has been pushing. No one suing Lemon and CNN based on the spread of unretracted conspiracy theories about their roles in events like January 6.

At least as far as I'm aware. ;)
tucker was not named in any lawsuits against fox , don lawsuits were a little different shall I say

J70

Not yet perhaps.

But one victim has been making plenty of noise recently about Carlson's pushing of conspiracy theories against them personally.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna76363

Mr Epps. I believe you yourself periodically try to push this one here.