The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

For someone I'd never heard of until whitey mentioned their name last week, Dylan Mulvaney sure seems to have a few of the lads feeling threatened.

Gmac

Hunter is heading to Ireland with joe , lock up your crack and your hoes

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on April 12, 2023, 12:37:19 AM
For someone I'd never heard of until whitey mentioned their name last week, Dylan Mulvaney sure seems to have a few of the lads feeling threatened.

It can be a bit hard to keep up with the conservative outrage machine. It seems like every day Fox news tells them to be angry about or afraid of a person/event in some obscure corner of the country, even though it doesn't affect them one damn bit.

burdizzo

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 12, 2023, 06:19:53 PM

It can be a bit hard to keep up with the conservative outrage machine. It seems like every day Fox news tells them to be angry about or afraid of a person/event in some obscure corner of the country, even though it doesn't affect them one damn bit.

Nothing like a bit of apathy, eh? Pity ye lot couldn't have canned yer own over-sized outrage during the Trump years. But then - where's the virtue in that?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: burdizzo on April 12, 2023, 08:16:36 PM

Nothing like a bit of apathy, eh? Pity ye lot couldn't have canned yer own over-sized outrage during the Trump years. But then - where's the virtue in that?

Trump was the President of the United States and his policies (or lack thereof) contributed to the deaths of about half a million Americans. Dylan Mulvaney is, apparently, some actress. If you can't spot the difference then I don't know what to tell you.

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 12, 2023, 11:08:59 PM
https://twitter.com/dazmanonline/status/1646233718544007187?s=48&t=RYtl0Il2l5K_ejkHKyVHiA

Imagine for a second if Trump did this.

Mislabeled a sports team?

I'd imagine people would have giggled and moved on.

It certainly wouldn't fit into the top 500 worse things Trump did or said.

But sure go ahead and tell us.

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 12, 2023, 09:50:06 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on April 12, 2023, 08:16:36 PM

Trump was the President of the United States and his policies (or lack thereof) contributed to the deaths of about half a million Americans. Dylan Mulvaney is, apparently, some actress. If you can't spot the difference then I don't know what to tell you.

Trump and his base are the real victims. In everything. Don't you know that? ;D

From the Bunker

There are some crazy dilapidated towns in Mid-America that could never imagine POTUS coming to their town and saying we are going to invest here like Biden said in the North today! It kinda crazy and sad!

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 12, 2023, 11:49:51 PM
https://twitter.com/dazmanonline/status/1646233718544007187?s=48&t=RYtl0Il2l5K_ejkHKyVHiA

joe should be retired and  enjoying all the ccp and Ukraine money he swindled  over the years

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 13, 2023, 12:29:31 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 12, 2023, 11:49:51 PM

joe should be retired and  enjoying all the ccp and Ukraine money he swindled  over the years

That'll come.

Most likely in 2029 if the GOP run Trump again. ;)

J70

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 13, 2023, 12:15:18 AM
There are some crazy dilapidated towns in Mid-America that could never imagine POTUS coming to their town and saying we are going to invest here like Biden said in the North today! It kinda crazy and sad!

It's not like it's the US government that will be investing. It's corporations. They go where they can make money and leave when they can't, unfortunately for those hollowed out towns.

I would have liked to have made a life in Donegal myself. My wife is from a tiny western US town. Both of us had to leave our respective home places to find successful careers.

Capitalism and globalization, for better or for worse.

Eamonnca1

BREAKING NEWS: A corrupt Republican lawmaker has just been EXPELLED from the Arizona State Legislature over ethics violations, including some relating to election misinformation.

According to Democracy Docket, the Arizona House now has 29 Democrats and 30 Republicans.

Unlike the recent attempts to remove two Black members of the Tennessee State Legislature, the resolution to expel GOP Rep. Liz Harris received BIPARTISAN support!