The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on April 10, 2023, 10:38:58 PM
And just what of a national security nature is someone like Hunter Biden privy to?

Is there evidence out there (or even serious suggestions) that the interests of the US government or its representatives or the security of civilians has been compromised by Hunter Biden?

Is Joe Biden supposed to be a man who discusses classified information and policy over dinner with his desperate son?

And if f**king around with strippers or prostitutes or even acquaintances you're not supposed to is disqualifying when it comes to an assumption of good judgement and responsibility, half the politicians, judges, lobbyists and government contractors in DC and many other capitals are compromised.

Again you're twisting yourself into a pretzel making excuses

Didn't Joe have unsecured classified documents in his garage and his foundations office?

Anyone, including Hunter could have accessed them

Do you object to this whole  being fairly and thoroughly investigated ?

(I'm not talking about Jim Jordan going on a witch hunt)

J70

Quote from: whitey on April 10, 2023, 11:02:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 10, 2023, 10:38:58 PM
And just what of a national security nature is someone like Hunter Biden privy to?

Is there evidence out there (or even serious suggestions) that the interests of the US government or its representatives or the security of civilians has been compromised by Hunter Biden?

Is Joe Biden supposed to be a man who discusses classified information and policy over dinner with his desperate son?

And if f**king around with strippers or prostitutes or even acquaintances you're not supposed to is disqualifying when it comes to an assumption of good judgement and responsibility, half the politicians, judges, lobbyists and government contractors in DC and many other capitals are compromised.

Again you're twisting yourself into a pretzel making excuses

Didn't Joe have unsecured classified documents in his garage and his foundations office?

Anyone, including Hunter could have accessed them

Do you object to this whole  being fairly and thoroughly investigated ?

(I'm not talking about Jim Jordan going on a witch hunt)

Not twisting at all.

Hadn't thought about the documents, but yes, that's a fair point.

On the investigation, as far as I'm aware, the FBI is investigating it.

In addition to the various congressional ones, which I have no issue with if they're done fairly and thoroughly, and not just an exercise in damaging a political opponent like the umpteen Benghazi ones were.

I have already said on numerous occasions I have no objection to it being thoroughly investigated and any wrong doing being exposed and appropriately punished.

On the whole though, I still don't really care. The sale of influence and access is a feature of the system, not a bug. In this case the stakes MIGHT be a little higher, but probably not.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 10, 2023, 10:59:29 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 10, 2023, 10:51:18 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 10, 2023, 10:47:08 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on April 10, 2023, 10:27:13 PM
Yeah, certainly, Trump wasn't the perfect one to do it - but I still get the feeling they're out to get him because they couldn't control him.
chuck Shumer warned him

About what?
messing with intelligence agencies , no name government officials etc , the top general in the army was going to warn china about Trump , that was before he was more interested in drag queens on army bases

Any chance of, just once, making a coherent point?

whitey

J70

Quote from: whitey on April 11, 2023, 03:20:01 PM
https://twitter.com/Awake_IL/status/1645431406548451330?s=20

Very interesting angle on the gender discussion

Are we supposed to respond to the video itself or the apocalyptic headline?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on April 11, 2023, 03:38:00 PM

The video clip

J70

Quote from: whitey on April 11, 2023, 04:01:40 PM

The video clip

Only watched it once, but it looks pretty mild, inclusive and non-offensive to me.

Don't think I'd have any objection to it being shown to my kids.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on April 11, 2023, 04:32:10 PM

The video clip

Only watched it once, but it looks pretty mild, inclusive and non-offensive to me.

Fair enough

Do you think the kid was being coached?

Do you think a 4 year old knows that they're non binary and that their biological parents made an error by assigning a gender to them?

What would your opinion be of people who would object to this being introduced to their kids in a public school setting?

J70

Quote from: whitey on April 11, 2023, 04:43:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 11, 2023, 04:32:10 PM

The video clip

Fair enough

Do you think the kid was being coached?

Do you think a 4 year old knows that they're non binary and that their biological parents made an error by assigning a gender to them?

What would your opinion be of people who would object to this being introduced to their kids in a public school setting?

I'd say that I'm sure the kid was coached or was an actor. It was an educational video wasn't it? Kind of hard to get that down first time even with adults. Or maybe it was real and unscripted. Either way, I'm not sure why that matters.

I'm sure a young child could easily notice that they felt like a girl in some respects and a boy in others but would not know how to express that. Isn't that the point of this, to help them and those kids around them understand that its ok?

On attitudes towards it being introduced in a school, I think at this point parents should be allowed to opt their kids out, but should not be allowed to prevent the children of other families from being exposed.

Same as my attitude to stuff like the book burners or drag stories to be honest.

Beyond that, if you want to discuss this I'd say you should move it to the dedicated thread on this topic.

whitey

Thanks-i forgot there was a separate thread

My $0.02

It's a pile of mullarkey. Lesbian couple putting notions in a 5 year old kids head looking for some type of validation

Of the non-binary/trans kids I know (personally) in at least two of the cases, it's the parents who are promoting and encouraging it

The other kids are just lost souls with no friends who are looking for a group to latch onto

Eamonnca1

The atoms in the universe are binary. You're either hydrogen or you're helium. We can't go around saying there's 118 elements just because of a handful of exceptions!

Gmac

The Dylan mulvaney periodic table ?
Not a bad slogan as he is a new Tampax salesman

burdizzo

Quote from: Gmac on April 11, 2023, 10:38:35 PM
The Dylan mulvaney periodic table ?
Not a bad slogan as he is a new Tampax salesman

Touché.

Milltown Row2

It seems by all the comments on here the politicians are just strange people voted in by even stranger people
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Piskin

Quote from: whitey on April 11, 2023, 07:35:11 PM
Thanks-i forgot there was a separate thread

My $0.02

It's a pile of mullarkey. Lesbian couple putting notions in a 5 year old kids head looking for some type of validation

Of the non-binary/trans kids I know (personally) in at least two of the cases, it's the parents who are promoting and encouraging it

The other kids are just lost souls with no friends who are looking for a group to latch onto
[/quot

It is seriously fucked up