The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2022, 10:27:34 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on November 08, 2022, 10:22:18 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 08, 2022, 10:09:05 PM
Exit polls point to a very very bad night for the Dems

Everything pointed to this. Except the Irish Times, RTE, etc. Why would we be cynical?

I'm not counting any chickens yet

House is a done deal but Senate way too close to call

PA is a debacle-thousands of mail in ballots on hold due to incorrect date

Smerconish had a piece on it today-if you want to hear a fair and balanced commentary on American politics he's the best in the business

https://www.smerconish.com/

You push Smerconish (and I speak as someone who listens to him regularly having been alerted to his podcast by you) yet you post here day after day as if the Dems are the epitome of evil and the GOP conservative movement is above reproach.

I don't get it.

He is NOT a conservative, at least not on the American scale.

whitey

LOL

But Democrats do talk down to people-1000 %

You must live under a rock if you think they don't!

Agree with us or you're uneducated, stupid, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, islamophobic....fill in the blank 

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2022, 11:29:53 PM
LOL

Agree with us or you're uneducated, stupid, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, islamophobic....fill in the blank

How about...

Agree with us or you're immoral, unpatriotic, elitest (this one always gets me coming from Harvard/Yale graduates in the GOP), emotional, irrational, don't live in the real world, effeminate, indoctrinated, out of touch... fill in the blank.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2022, 11:26:27 PM

Everything pointed to this. Except the Irish Times, RTE, etc. Why would we be cynical?

Smerconish had a piece on it today-if you want to hear a fair and balanced commentary on American politics he's the best in the business

You push Smerconish (and I speak as someone who listens to him regularly having been alerted to his podcast by you) yet you post here day after day as if the Dems are the epitome of evil and the GOP conservative movement is above reproach.

I don't get it.

I absolutely post no such thing

Most people in Ireland have this view of the Democratic Party that is a holdover from the JFK days-Democrats are the good guys. Republicans are the bad guys

That's total BS

There are as many (if not more) bad guys in the Democratic Party as there in the Republican Party.

They're out and out cvnts and the likes of Boebert, Lake and MTG are equally as bad

(I religiously listen to Julie Mason and Dan Abrams too. Laura Coats not as much but I do listen to her. Lots of driving involved with my job)

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2022, 11:35:32 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2022, 11:29:53 PM
LOL

How about...

Agree with us or you're immoral, unpatriotic, elitest (this one always gets me coming from Harvard/Yale graduates in the GOP), emotional, irrational, don't live in the real world, effeminate, indoctrinated, out of touch... fill in the blank.

Yes-that's true. They're the other side of the same coin

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2022, 11:36:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2022, 11:26:27 PM

I don't get it.

I absolutely post no such thing

Most people in Ireland have this view of the Democratic Party that is a holdover from the JFK days-Democrats are the good guys. Republicans are the bad guys

That's total BS

There are as many (if not more) bad guys in the Democratic Party as there in the Republican Party.

They're out and out cvnts and the likes of Boebert, Lake and MTG are equally as bad

Come on...

The only comment you had earlier on the GOP's election fixing scheming is that the Dems pushed extremist candidates in some cases.

No condemnation of the actual moves themselves and the complete takeover of the party by this doctrine.

Trump could end up succeeding in stealing the election in two years, and the only thing you will have to say is that the Dems brought it on themselves and everyone else.

whitey

So cleaning up voter rolls, asking for ID and asking for mail in ballots to arrive on time is a scheme to steal the election?

I'm very pragmatic

99.99999% of people who want to vote can and do

This pile of malarkey about voter suppression is just a way for Democrats to raise money and drive enthusiasm

If voter suppression was the goal of the GOP in GA, it didn't work too well for them did it?

https://youtube.com/shorts/podSojrAZNQ?feature=share

Gabriel_Hurl

A lesbian governor in Mass - can someone check in on whitey?

Captain Obvious

No majority now likely in the senate?

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 09, 2022, 03:54:55 AM
A lesbian governor in Mass - can someone check in on whitey?

When have I ever made a derogatory remark about a gay person?

I know tons of gay people... some of whom are friends of mine

My issues with her have to do with criminal undocumented people not getting deported

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 09, 2022, 04:28:31 AM
No majority now likely in the senate?

Looks like Georgia will be run-off again in December

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2022, 11:47:11 PM
So cleaning up voter rolls, asking for ID and asking for mail in ballots to arrive on time is a scheme to steal the election?

I'm very pragmatic

99.99999% of people who want to vote can and do

This pile of malarkey about voter suppression is just a way for Democrats to raise money and drive enthusiasm

If voter suppression was the goal of the GOP in GA, it didn't work too well for them did it?

https://youtube.com/shorts/podSojrAZNQ?feature=share

You know very well I'm talking about the efforts to put people and rules in place to allow GOP pols to change the results afterwards when the actual votes don't go their way.

RedHand88

As someone who's always voted in the North I find it bizarre that voter ID is being touted as a form of voter suppression. Shouldn't it be standard to root out fraud?

J70

After tonight, given DeSantis's big win and the utter failure of many of Trump's endorsees in what should have been a great election for the Republicans, surely the GOP base will finally see the light and do us all a favour and ditch Trump?

I say that as someone who firmly believes the only way Biden wins a second term is if his opponent is Trump, but I honestly don't think the country can handle even a serious Trump candidacy. I'd rather live with DeSantis and his culture warrior bullshit than even take a chance on that corrupt, evil man-toddler getting anywhere near the White House again, especially as he'll put the country through hell if he loses.