The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Whitey likes to throw Bill Maher at us now and again to make a point (often valid) about some idiotic progressive position.

It's a wonder he didn't post this one from the weekend about the danger to future American elections from the GOP and the complete apathy of the American public about what they're doing.

https://youtu.be/HKVBvooZ2c8

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2022, 08:34:10 PM
Quote from: lenny on November 08, 2022, 08:03:23 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 08, 2022, 05:13:43 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on November 08, 2022, 01:34:10 PM
is woke just another internet buzz word that people rhyme and repeat funny how they call people sheep but they all seem to use the same buzzwords ohh look at me i said woke lol.

In the 1970s it was "women's lib" that was the big threat. In the 1990s it was "political correctness." Today it's "wokeness." It's just the latest pejorative name the right gives to whatever the current movement is to make people's lives better.

I sincerely hope that any decent Irish American gets out and votes democrat today especially if they have any belief in democracy.

The Democratic Party have nothing to offer decent  Irish Americans (unless they like high crime and high taxes )

https://m.independent.ie/life/echoes-of-the-rust-belt-on-irish-riviera-35207534.html

Ah yes, whitey's Boston buddies. How many times have you posted this?

Did they ever go back and interview these lads when it turned out Trump WASN'T all talk with his extremist rhetoric about immigrants and Muslims? Or to find out what Trump actually improved in their lives even if they didn't give a f**k about his bigotry and callousness?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2022, 08:39:59 PM
is woke just another internet buzz word that people rhyme and repeat funny how they call people sheep but they all seem to use the same buzzwords ohh look at me i said woke lol.

In the 1970s it was "women's lib" that was the big threat. In the 1990s it was "political correctness." Today it's "wokeness." It's just the latest pejorative name the right gives to whatever the current movement is to make people's lives better.

I sincerely hope that any decent Irish American gets out and votes democrat today especially if they have any belief in democracy.

The Democratic Party have nothing to offer decent  Irish Americans (unless they like high crime and high taxes )

https://m.independent.ie/life/echoes-of-the-rust-belt-on-irish-riviera-35207534.html

Did they ever go back and interview these lads when it turned out Trump WASN'T all talk with his extremist rhetoric about immigrants and Muslims? Or to find out what Trump actually improved in their lives even if they didn't give a f**k about his bigotry and callousness?

J70

Why can't you just admit that the Democratic Party have lost their way and no longer have much appeal to large swaths of what used to be their base

FFS they're even admitting it on CNN

You can blink your answer if you're being held captive

I just checked-Hingham MA, which is the extremely wealthy town mentioned in the article-Trump actually got more votes in 2020 that he did in 2016. You have a very distorted view of the world which is not shared outside of your little bubble

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2022, 08:37:12 PM
Whitey likes to throw Bill Maher at us now and again to make a point (often valid) about some idiotic progressive position.

It's a wonder he didn't post this one from the weekend about the danger to future American elections from the GOP and the complete apathy of the American public about what they're doing.

LOL

J70-the Democrats promoted and funded some of the most extreme election deniers in the Republican primary. Now the chickens might be coming home to roost for them

Instead of putting up good moderate candidates themselves, the Democrats ran a bunch of clowns in their primaries, hoping that the Republicans (with their help) would select even worse more unelectable clowns.

Eamonnca1

An Ohio man has been charged for gunning down his 43 year old neighbor who was mowing his lawn. The victim's wife told 911 that the angry neighbor had confronted her husband four times because he thought he was a Democrat.

Gmac

Remember the Georgia Jim Crow voting laws being spouted about on here and all over tv ? well turns out they are having a record turn out in this election, let's hope the pipes don't burst down there tonight.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2022, 09:02:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2022, 08:37:12 PM

LOL

J70-the Democrats promoted and funded some of the most extreme election deniers in the Republican primary. Now the chickens might be coming home to roost for them

Instead of putting up good moderate candidates themselves, the Democrats ran a bunch of clowns in their primaries, hoping that the Republicans (with their help) would select even worse more unelectable clowns.

I disagree completely with those that Dems pushed GOP extremists. But... it's still the GOP electorate who are selecting them and it's still Trump and the wider party demanding they all bend the knee to Trump and his election fraud lies.

Say what you like whitey, but Kevin McCarthy and the party gave the likes of Liz Cheney the boot while the circus act that is Marjorie Taylor Greene is going to demand and receive a plum committee assignment.

On the Dem candidates, I really hope they now see the centre ground that is there to be occupied as the GOP completes its journey off the deep end. Start getting some centrist candidates warmed up for 2024 and let the likes of MTG force McCarthy to fumble away impeaching Hunter Biden for the next two years.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 08, 2022, 09:08:03 PM
Remember the Georgia Jim Crow voting laws being spouted about on here and all over tv ? well turns out they are having a record turn out in this election, let's hope the pipes don't burst down there tonight.

You can't post ANYTHING without some GOP conspiracy bullshit thrown in?

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2022, 08:54:14 PM

J70

Why can't you just admit that the Democratic Party have lost their way and no longer have much appeal to large swaths of what used to be their base

I just checked-Hingham MA, which is the extremely wealthy town mentioned in the article-Trump actually got more votes in 2020 that he did in 2016. You have a very distorted view of the world which is not shared outside of your little bubble

So calling bullshit on the nonsense spewed in that article is evidence of me living in a bubble?

I've commented on that article each time you post it, and all you ever do is accuse me of being out of touch.

If I'm so obviously wrong, then it should be easy to address and refute the actual points I make.

RedHand88

Exit polls point to a very very bad night for the Dems

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2022, 09:46:26 PM

J70

So calling bullshit on the nonsense spewed in that article is evidence of me living in a bubble?

I've commented on that article each time you post it, and all you ever do is accuse me of being out of touch.

If I'm so obviously wrong, then it should be easy to address and refute the actual points I make.

What exactly in that article is nonsense?

I used to live 200 yards from that pub and drank in there regularly.

I know people who still drink in there and they're solid Republicans

Many are off the boat Irish too I might add.

I know a bunch of people who lives in Hingham. Lots of second and third generation Irish Americans-all college educated Republican voters

burdizzo

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 08, 2022, 10:09:05 PM

Everything pointed to this. Except the Irish Times, RTE, etc. Why would we be cynical?

whitey

Quote from: burdizzo on November 08, 2022, 10:22:18 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 08, 2022, 10:09:05 PM

Everything pointed to this. Except the Irish Times, RTE, etc. Why would we be cynical?

I'm not counting any chickens yet

House is a done deal but Senate way too close to call

PA is a debacle-thousands of mail in ballots on hold due to incorrect date

Smerconish had a piece on it today-if you want to hear a fair and balanced commentary on American politics he's the best in the business

https://www.smerconish.com/

Main Street

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2022, 10:16:03 PM

J70

I know a bunch of people who lives in Hingham. Lots of second and third generation Irish Americans-all college educated Republican voters
Your word is anecdotal and highly questionable.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 08, 2022, 10:16:03 PM

J70

What's nonsense?

The victimization horseshit for one. "Oh they're talking down at us!"

Calling Hillary a liar but dismissing Trump's promises on immigration and Muslims (which he would very seriously and damagingly try to deliver on) as just campaign talk and not giving a bollocks about his personal and business behaviour towards women and small businessmen just like them.

Implying Trump would do (or be able to do and even try to do) something about globalization and the damage it has wreaked on blue collar American towns, a ship that sailed long ago and something the Republican Party was and is the last organization which would give a f**k about it.