The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 24, 2022, 02:24:17 PM
So opposition research which has been proven false (or unproven as you would like to say) was used as the basis to wiretap Trumps campaign and you think that's okay?

If knowingly and maliciously false, of course not.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 24, 2022, 03:20:50 PM
So opposition research which has been proven false (or unproven as you would like to say) was used as the basis to wiretap Trumps campaign and you think that's okay?

I guess we'll never know since Glenn Simpson pleaded the fifth rather than testify

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/16/glenn-simpson-gps-co-founder-pleads-fifth-trump-do/

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 24, 2022, 03:35:01 PM

I guess we'll never know since Glenn Simpson pleaded the fifth rather than testify

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/16/glenn-simpson-gps-co-founder-pleads-fifth-trump-do/

Not a good look, for sure.

Was this when Trump declared that innocent people don't plead the fifth?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on August 24, 2022, 06:17:55 PM

No idea

I don't listen to too much that Trump says

But given everything that went down with the dossier and the fisa warrants, conservatives like me have every reason to question and doubt the FBI

J70

Quote from: whitey on August 24, 2022, 08:03:10 PM

No idea

I don't listen to too much that Trump says

But given everything that went down with the dossier and the fisa warrants, conservatives like me have every reason to question and doubt the FBI

And given the money, the legal muscle, the history (aided and abetted by his party and media) of obstruction of justice, and the sheer shamelessness of the likes of Trump, non-conservatives like me have every reason to believe that the chances of him being subject to a miscarriage of justice are exactly zero (the chances of him held accountable for actual crimes are also just about zero).

whitey

We've ploughs this ground before

The IG (nonpartisan) report into the FISA process uncovered serious misdoings as it pertained to the FBIs treatment of Trump and his campaign

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/12/10/ig-report-fbi-fisa-abuse-secret-court-trump-campaign-column/4383722002/

The IG report concluded FBI officials made 17 "significant inaccuracies and omissions" in its submissions to the FISA court to secure warrants to target former Trump advisor Carter Page"

Gmac

Did hurl or eamon have Matt gaetz  going to jail a few months ago ? another lib wet dream bites the dust

Main Street

Trump claimed  then  that only the mob took the 5th  :D   How true

Eamonnca1

Gmac

Zuckerberg was on joe Rogan podcast and basically said what we all know that the FBI are telling them at Facebook what's fake news and what's not , what stories to slow down and what's misinformation.
Wow and everything is skewed in one direction

Main Street

Quote from: Gmac on August 26, 2022, 12:30:15 AM
Zuckerberg was on joe Rogan podcast and basically said what we all know that the FBI are telling them at Facebook what's fake news and what's not , what stories to slow down and what's misinformation.
Gee Mac that's quite an extrapolation,   how very interpretative  ;D

RedHand88

I remember certain posters here dismissing this as a crazy conspiracy story.

whitey

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 26, 2022, 06:39:05 AM

I remember certain posters here dismissing this as a crazy conspiracy story.

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not trying to get you

Eamonnca1

Trump's attempt to build a social media app has played out in the usual Trump fashion. He owes vendors $1.6 million and he hadn't bothered his head paying. Why do contractors continue to do work for the guy? He has a proven track record of stiffing people!

Eamonnca1

POTENTIALLY MASSIVE in light of what we know now:

In Oct 2021, CIA Counterintelligence sent a top secret cable warning an unusually high number of confidential informants were being killed, captured, or compromised.

In Jan 2021, Trump stole documents on these kind of informants.