Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: whitey on January 09, 2021, 12:05:30 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 08, 2021, 11:41:36 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 08, 2021, 06:08:53 PMAwomen

What kind of man is still crying about this? LOLOL

Who's "crying" about it?

I think it's fantastic ( that people are so fvckin stupid)

Rattled lolol - a grown man caring about what pronoun someone is called.

trailer

Twitter/ Facebook are some c***ts too. They used him completely for 4 years. And now, at the death they dump him.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: trailer on January 09, 2021, 09:35:52 AM
Twitter/ Facebook are some c***ts too. They used him completely for 4 years. And now, at the death they dump him.

Completely agree. They used Trump just as much as he used them.

TwoUpTwoDown

Have to completely agree here. Despite despising the ground the POTUS walks upon, it doesn't sit easy with me that these huge social media outlets choose to silence him permanently. That is control to a level that I'm not comfortable with. Freedom of speech and all that mumbo jumbo...

Hound

Quote from: J70 on January 09, 2021, 02:18:33 AM
Quote from: Gmac on January 09, 2021, 01:53:27 AM
Trump tv coming to a screen near you soon and this is only speeding it up .
Also anyone who thinks Trump will resign is dreaming.

I don't think ANYONE thinks he'll resign.

Hence the articles of impeachment will be coming Monday.

He won't be convicted in the Senate, of course, but he'll deserve his place in history as only one of three presidents to be impeached, and the only one to be impeached twice.

Maybe Trump TV will come too.

However, if this week hasn't dealt a very serious blow to his brand, this country has a big f**king problem with a section of the populace.
The capitol riots damaged Trump's brand and legacy enormously. Especially because (finally) so many Republican politicians turned against him and called him out for his incitement and incessant lies. The impeachment proceedings (or even talk of impeachment) doesn't double down on that, it starts to reverse it. A pointless exercise this close to Jan 20, that helps cement Trump's current support and will bring some of what he lost back imo.

The focus should be on repeating the words of McConnell, Graham and Romney over and over. That Trump has been lying to them about electoral fraud. That every Avenue they went down was thrown out of court. To reduce the % of people who mistakenly believe the election was rigged. It's a ridiculously high number, but only that high because of Trump's lies and the lack of GOP rebuttals.
Then the relevant authorities should be working in the background over the next 6-9-12 months to build a case against Trump, so he can be locked up for any crimes that can be proven against him.

brokencrossbar1

The Impeachment articles are not about removing Trump but about damaging his legacy and causing as much damage to him post Bidens inauguration. They want him wiped from the history books essentially as a legitimate president. To be impeached twice along with any convictions will put him right up there with Nixon. The fallout for the Republican Party is unknown and how they react to this whole affair will have a major bearing on their future as a party. There are a lot of schisms appearing. They have their core base of supporters but the ones who came out to vote for Trump just because he is Trump are not necessarily GOP supporters, they are far right supporters and will drift back into the back woods just as quickly.

Biden will try to hold a steady ship and get through the first 100 days as best as possible. His main focus will be Covid and dealing with that. If he can successfully negotiate the next 3-4 months of that then he will be deemed a short term success. That won't be easy. The reality is he is keeping the chair warm for Harris so I don't expect anything spectacular from him

sid waddell

Should have banned him years ago - America wouldn't be in this situation if they had

No such thing as absolute free speech and nor should there be

You've utter fools like Glenn Greenwald making transparently bad faith cases that this is an attack on civil liberties

What utter bullshit

It's no wonder so called "libertarians" so often so turn into far right extremists - it's the logical outcome of that ideology -  absolute free speech leads to tyranny

Greenwald defended Nazis early in his career - as time has gone on, that looks less and less like demonstrating a point to try and prove a civil liberties argument and more like an actual political sympathy

Social media is the tool of choice for the far right, to let them run rampant on it has appalling consequences for the world

Narendra Modi of India should be kicked off it ASAP, he's even more dangerous than Trump, if that were possible

sid waddell

Quote from: Hound on January 09, 2021, 09:44:31 AM
Quote from: J70 on January 09, 2021, 02:18:33 AM
Quote from: Gmac on January 09, 2021, 01:53:27 AM
Trump tv coming to a screen near you soon and this is only speeding it up .
Also anyone who thinks Trump will resign is dreaming.

I don't think ANYONE thinks he'll resign.

Hence the articles of impeachment will be coming Monday.

He won't be convicted in the Senate, of course, but he'll deserve his place in history as only one of three presidents to be impeached, and the only one to be impeached twice.

Maybe Trump TV will come too.

However, if this week hasn't dealt a very serious blow to his brand, this country has a big f**king problem with a section of the populace.
The capitol riots damaged Trump's brand and legacy enormously. Especially because (finally) so many Republican politicians turned against him and called him out for his incitement and incessant lies. The impeachment proceedings (or even talk of impeachment) doesn't double down on that, it starts to reverse it. A pointless exercise this close to Jan 20, that helps cement Trump's current support and will bring some of what he lost back imo.

The focus should be on repeating the words of McConnell, Graham and Romney over and over. That Trump has been lying to them about electoral fraud. That every Avenue they went down was thrown out of court. To reduce the % of people who mistakenly believe the election was rigged. It's a ridiculously high number, but only that high because of Trump's lies and the lack of GOP rebuttals.
Then the relevant authorities should be working in the background over the next 6-9-12 months to build a case against Trump, so he can be locked up for any crimes that can be proven against him.

Trump incited an armed insurrection against both the government of his country as they sat in parliament, and the result of the democratic election he was well beaten in

Anybody who cannot see that that requires impeachment and removal from office ASAP, well, I give up, the far right has truly become normalised with such people, their tactics have worked on such people

Failure to punish a fascist coup will likely lead to another one and will certainly only embolden fascists everywhere

"4D chess" DOES NOT WORK

Also:

https://twitter.com/BenCostiloe/status/1347657291819061250

For those wondering if it's worth impeaching him this time, it means he:
1) loses his 200k+ pension for the rest of his life
2) loses his 1 million dollar/year travel allowance
3) loses lifetime full secret service detail
4) loses his ability to run in 2024

Impeach, remove from office, trial, imprison

J70

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on January 09, 2021, 09:40:53 AM

Have to completely agree here. Despite despising the ground the POTUS walks upon, it doesn't sit easy with me that these huge social media outlets choose to silence him permanently. That is control to a level that I'm not comfortable with. Freedom of speech and all that mumbo jumbo...

He is free to speak as much as he wants. The government is not muzzling him. In the US, that is all the First Amendment applies to.

Facebook and Twitter are choosing (way too late, after years of abuse) to deny him the use of their platforms. Just like GAAboard can ban those of us who post abusive or inflammatory posts here. You sign up for their services, you obey the rules, otherwise they can kick you out, just like any private club or entity.

There is nothing stopping Trump publishing his thoughts on his own website or tv station or Parler or finding a newspaper or book publisher to carry his opinions.

Solo_run

We all know that Trump is a loose cannon but I am thinking Pelosi is trying to aggrevate him so he will do something else that is ludicrous.

On the otherhand she obviously has to do something considering that happened in capitol hill.

As much as I don't like Trump he certainly makes politics interesting.

J70

Quote from: Solo_run on January 09, 2021, 01:00:24 PM
We all know that Trump is a loose cannon but I am thinking Pelosi is trying to aggrevate him so he will do something else that is ludicrous.

On the otherhand she obviously has to do something considering that happened in capitol hill.

If she does nothing, what is to stop the next president or other politician from setting a mob to work, ending in multiple deaths?

She is duty-bound. Her personal feelings are irrelevant.

Solo_run

Quote from: J70 on January 09, 2021, 01:12:40 PM

If she does nothing, what is to stop the next president or other politician from setting a mob to work, ending in multiple deaths?

read the middle part. She obviously has to do something but it's all for show. If anything shows how fuc*ed up politics is

sid waddell

Pelosi has continually failed to stand up to Trump

Even now

This impeachment and removal from office should already be done and dusted

There are 11 days left and Trump can do terrible things in that time

If you wanted one reason why Trump should already be removed, Bernie Sanders nailed it - precedent

A defeated president nakedly incited an armed fascist coup against Congress and the democratic result of the election

It is incitement of an armed fascist attack against democracy, against America itself, the country he is supposed to be leading

It is totally unprecedented and it must be punished in the strongest possible terms

Removal from office should be a given and it should already be done, and imprisonment for the rest of his life should be a formality

That it isn't shows how much fascism has been normalised, how much the boundaries of what is considered acceptable have lurched to the extreme right - what Trump did on Wednesday was Hitler stuff, that's no exaggeration whatsoever

sid waddell

Here's another reason he needs to be removed from office yesterday

Don't think he doesn't have the potential to do it, he is a desperate, wounded animal, with apologies to animals

Donald Trump's parting gift to the world? It may be war with Iran
Daniel Ellsberg

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/08/donald-trump-war-iran-tehran-daniel-ellsberg

J70

Quote from: Solo_run on January 09, 2021, 02:47:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 09, 2021, 01:12:40 PM

read the middle part. She obviously has to do something but it's all for show. If anything shows how fuc*ed up politics is

I saw what you said.

My point is that it doesn't matter whether Pelosi is trying to provoke him or if she hates his guts.

Trump or the right cannot fall back on any claim she was being vindictive. There's no defense.