The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Would anyone have an article on how the economy performed during Obama and trumps presidenty

HiMucker

Quote from: redzone on November 06, 2020, 09:03:33 PM
Would anyone have an article on how the economy performed during Obama and trumps presidenty
I don't have an article but there is a hairdresser somewhere who is up another 1200 dollars over the last few years so that should tell you all you need to know

sid waddell

Quote from: Main Street on November 06, 2020, 07:48:34 PM
Carnival time in the streets of Philadelphia
YMCA reclaimed!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1324753161219952641

Trump man, yes, it's time to step down
I said, Trump man, you've been beat to the ground
I said, Trump man, yeah your pants they look brown
You might need a new Trump nappy

Trump man, there's a place you can go
I said, Trump man, prison locked on your own
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time

Don, Don, Don, Don, Don

It's what we're stayin' for, Biden PA
It's what we're waitin' for, Biden PA
It's a beautiful thing for the world to enjoy
He got rid of you and your boys

Trump man, you killed Epstein somehow
I said Trump man, Russia can't save you now
I said Trump man, yeah your wife is a cow
Now for once the world is happy

Don, Don, Don, Don, Don

It's what we're stayin' for, Biden PA
It's what we're waiting for, Biden PA
It's a beautiful thing for the world to enjoy
He got rid of you and your boys

dec

Quote from: HiMucker on November 06, 2020, 09:06:13 PM
I don't have an article but there is a hairdresser somewhere who is up another 1200 dollars over the last few years so that should tell you all you need to know

According to a very reliable source that hairdresser gets money from drug dealers and shoplifters.

sid waddell

Quote from: dec on November 06, 2020, 09:17:33 PM

According to a very reliable source that hairdresser gets money from drug dealers and shoplifters.
She always makes sure they get their cut

Gmac

gas listening to guys from Ireland talking about how stupid Us voters are when the same party that wrecked the economy there and hundreds of thousands of livelihoods are back in power , but Irish electorate are so Smart , sure they are . As For the nordies still Voting down religious lines even though most haven't seen the inside of a church/chapel in years , very enlightened indeed.

sid waddell

Quote from: screenexile on November 06, 2020, 07:31:43 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 06, 2020, 07:08:29 PM
If you were to put a neutral hat on, what did Trump do in those 4 years that were positive for the American people? We all know the negatives, but are there some things he can take credit for?

Did he improve the lives of some in the rust belt?

Whether he was responsible for it or not he was riding the wave of growth Obama created is up for debate but there is no doubt it was boom time while he was in charge in terms of jobs and market performance.

Judges probably the biggest one he's packed federal benches across the country with Conservatives.

He's spent an absolute shit tonne of money on the military.

The death of Abu . . . Bakr . . . Al . . . Baghdadi!

He died like a dog!!
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi still died with a lot more dignity than Trump's election prospects are doing

HiMucker

Quote from: Gmac on November 06, 2020, 09:23:33 PM
gas listening to guys from Ireland talking about how stupid Us voters are when the same party that wrecked the economy there and hundreds of thousands of livelihoods are back in power , but Irish electorate are so Smart , sure they are . As For the nordies still Voting down religious lines even though most haven't seen the inside of a church/chapel in years , very enlightened indeed.
Our kids are fairly safe in school though

shark

It would not be accurate to say the Irish electorate have forgotten. FF have had the 3 worst election results in their history in the 3 elections since the GFC. They are never going back to where they were.

sid waddell

Quote from: HiMucker on November 06, 2020, 09:28:58 PM
Our kids are fairly safe in school though
You might say that, but if you don't have an AR-15 in the classroom you can't shoot the Coronavirus away

redzone

Listen u gimps, I'm in a argument with a family member and I need that link

HiMucker

Quote from: redzone on November 06, 2020, 09:53:56 PM
Listen u gimps, I'm in a argument with a family member and I need that link
;D

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dec

sid waddell

Em, I don't think you've got the irony of what you wrote there but I'll spell it out for you anywho

You're now criticising the Irish people for voting (in much reduced numbers than before) for the party that crashed the economy (resulting in them being in a position to enter a multi-party coalition government due to the fragmented nature of the Irish parliamentary system)

While simultaneously you're an all out cultist for the party that crashed the US economy, arguably the world economy

Didn't really think that one through, did you

But sure plus ca change and all that

Also while I would be very far from being a Fianna Fáil supporter I recognise the difference between a fascist party and a non-fascist party

Fianna Fáil, whatever they are, are not a fascist party

The Republican party are

Fianna Fáil are not the Republican party - even if they may still claim they are