The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on November 06, 2020, 06:20:09 PM
Quote from: dec on November 06, 2020, 06:01:07 PM

"Well she owns a 3 family house. None of her tenants work, never have-never will, yet get every handout under the sun and have zero accountability for any of the (bad)decisions they make"

Where do her tenants get the money to pay rent?
Let's apply the same right wing newspeak which is always applied to rich spongers like Trump, but is never, ever applied to poor people who were given little chance to ever advance in a rigged society

"The tenants are sovereign, free individuals

They are maximising their personal utility

Fair play to them, a lot of miserable begrudgery out there towards such people"

Right wingers apply entirely different rules to rich and poor

Right wingers love the real spongers - the sponging rich

So a working class girl who left school and started cutting hair at age 16 and bought a three family house is a rich sponger and is supposed to subsidize the lifestyles of others-interesting perspective

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2020, 06:18:51 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 06, 2020, 06:11:52 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 06, 2020, 06:07:38 PM
always fun to see "story time with whitey"
He has a very active imagination

I suppose you have to have when you live in a paranoid, dystopian world of fantasy, entirely divorced from the real world

Believe what you want Sid.... the Dems are losing the working class vote.

You know, people who work hard, obey the law and raise their family types

I get my hair cut once a month and always enjoy hearing about her latest battles in housing court. She could actually write a book....
The reason a lot of white working class vote for Donald Trump is the exact same reason Adolf Hitler was popular with the German working class

Everything else is noise

The Republicans are an out of control, lawless, anti-democratic cult

Most of America can see it and the whole of the rest of the world can see it

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2020, 06:27:25 PM

"Well she owns a 3 family house. None of her tenants work, never have-never will, yet get every handout under the sun and have zero accountability for any of the (bad)decisions they make"

Let's apply the same right wing newspeak which is always applied to rich spongers like Trump, but is never, ever applied to poor people who were given little chance to ever advance in a rigged society

So a working class girl who left school and started cutting hair at age 16 and bought a three family house is a rich sponger and is supposed to subsidize the lifestyles of others-interesting perspective
I said literally nothing about anybody cutting hair, but nice attempt at a straw man because you have no argument

According to your logic, it's her tenants who are the hard workers, the sovereign, free individuals

You just don't apply that sort of language to poor people because you're brainwashed by Murdoch media like Fox News, and online conspiracy theory loons like the Republican party

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on November 06, 2020, 06:33:32 PM

I said literally nothing about anybody cutting hair, but nice attempt at a straw man because you have no argument

According to your logic, it's her tenants who are the hard workers, the sovereign, free individuals

You just don't apply that sort of language to poor people because you're brainwashed by Murdoch media like Fox News, and online conspiracy theory loons like the Republican party

I was asked why a hairdresser in Massachusetts making $60K per year would be a Trump supporter and I answered the question as she explained it to me last Thursday evening

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2020, 06:40:56 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 06, 2020, 06:33:32 PM

I was asked why a hairdresser in Massachusetts making $60K per year would be a Trump supporter and I answered the question as she explained it to me last Thursday evening
You failed to address my point as it's on the nose

ONeill

If you were to put a neutral hat on, what did Trump do in those 4 years that were positive for the American people? We all know the negatives, but are there some things he can take credit for?

Did he improve the lives of some in the rust belt?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

dec

Quote from: ONeill on November 06, 2020, 07:08:29 PM

Not really, economic growth before Covid was about the same pace that he inherited from Obama/Biden.
manufacturing jobs increased at about the same pace that he inherited from Obama/Biden.

and his trade war had actually started to hit manufacturing back in 2019
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/07/25/us-manufacturing-is-technical-recession-how-worried-should-we-be/

Milltown Row2

I've a few 'friends' On fb who will site Trump didn't blow up as many people as Obama... is that true?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

If you were to put a neutral hat on, what did Trump do in those 4 years that were positive for the American people? We all know the negatives, but are there some things he can take credit for?

No.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-rust-belt-trump-steel-manufacturing-pennsylvania-ohio-michigan-b1372995.html

Eamonnca1

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2020, 07:17:20 PM
I've a few 'friends' On fb who will site Trump didn't blow up as many people as Obama... is that true?

He launched far more drone strikes if that helps you

screenexile

Whether he was responsible for it or not he was riding the wave of growth Obama created is up for debate but there is no doubt it was boom time while he was in charge in terms of jobs and market performance.

Judges probably the biggest one he's packed federal benches across the country with Conservatives.

He's spent an absolute shit tonne of money on the military.

The death of Abu . . . Bakr . . . Al . . . Baghdadi!

He died like a dog!!

Main Street

dec

Quote from: screenexile on November 06, 2020, 07:31:43 PM

Whether he was responsible for it or not he was riding the wave of growth Obama created is up for debate but there is no doubt it was boom time while he was in charge in terms of jobs and market performance.

Jobs growth no faster under him that what he inherited from Obama.

Stock market was not faster under him either

https://www.macrotrends.net/2481/stock-market-performance-by-president

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 06, 2020, 07:28:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2020, 07:17:20 PM

He launched far more drone strikes if that helps you

Is that because Trump wasn't into war side of things or was this a cost saving exercise so he could spunk it somewhere else?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea