The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: gallsman on November 04, 2020, 02:45:34 AM
Quote from: whitey on November 04, 2020, 02:44:06 AM
Think I'll hit for bed

Very few expected Trump to be this close (including me).

The polls look to be dead wrong all over again even if Biden wins

FFS CNN just said VA might even be competitive

Pundits are beginning to get worried

Absolutely. The shine on Nate Silver tarnished all over again. Polling models are completely broken.

Michael Smerconish had the guy from Trafalgar polling on a couple of times last week. He laid out a pretty convincing case as to why his methodology was more accurate

I just thought that the adjustments the pollsters made after 2016, they wouldn't screw up again

I also wonder how useful polls are when you have record turnout

screenexile

Very ominous even at this stage.

Biden will need WI, MI, PA to do this. Looking at Latino vote it's hard to see Biden getting Arizona.

If Virginia flips that's a huge blow!

weareros

Bookies is just foreign money speculating. Reality if Biden wins Penn and Ohio, he wins.

macdanger2

Not a trump fan but jesus, CNN are a disgrace with their reporting. Switched over to CBS

gallsman

As King keeps repeating, perhaps reluctantly, the incredible turnout is better for democracy.

gallsman

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 04, 2020, 02:51:51 AM
Not a trump fan but jesus, CNN are a disgrace with their reporting. Switched over to CBS

What exactly do you find disgraceful about it? They're talking about numbers like.

RedHand88

Quote from: screenexile on November 04, 2020, 02:51:30 AM
Very ominous even at this stage.

Biden will need WI, MI, PA to do this. Looking at Latino vote it's hard to see Biden getting Arizona.

If Virginia flips that's a huge blow!

Virginia a strange one. Fox called it for Biden when the polls closed, but trumps vote has been sizeable and consistent throughout the night.

sid waddell

The fix is in, just as I predicted

RedHand88

Quote from: gallsman on November 04, 2020, 02:53:08 AM

What exactly do you find disgraceful about it? They're talking about numbers like.

Theyre still trying to push the narrative that Biden can win states the bookies have had him at 1/7 for the last hour. Theres no way odds of 1/7 is the bookies "following the money ".

screenexile

Fox by all accounts are having trouble with their models they've been doom and gloom all night and it seems their projections have been off everyone else projecting things to be much closer now!!

gallsman

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 04, 2020, 02:57:09 AM

Theyre still trying to push the narrative that Biden can win states the bookies have had him at 1/7 for the last hour. Theres no way odds of 1/7 is the bookies "following the money ".

Which ones?

Gmac

Lindsey graham holds on in sc after his opponent raised over 100 million.

screenexile

screenexile

The rust belt states not going to count all their absentee ballots tonight... this is gonna be a shit show for the next 3 days!!!

macdanger2

I don't watch any US TV tbh so I wouldn't have been aware of how biased it is. For example, they were flat out reporting FL until it was clear trump was winning, barely a mention of it since. It's not reporting, it's cheerleading

I'm flabbergasted by what's happening with these results