The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LCohen

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 29, 2020, 01:47:31 AM
Poor ol' Tucker - the entire trove of Hunter Biden documents just disappeared when they were being sent from NY to LA

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1321608091503366144

It's really worrying that that the gaslighted will believe this nonsense.

They got this material. Only had hard copy. Didn't have a soft copy. Didn't scan it. Didn't photocopy it. Just had the one hard copy and posted it. The postal company did its investigation. No proof of anything being removed. The Tucker arguments seems to be that his team did some stupid shit, compounded it with layer upon layer of stupid shit and then the Biden team did some voodoo shit with a touch of either vaporisation or indeed trans-substantiation. Credible when you think of it.

I know Biden is a catholic but does the Biden team include St Patrick? This is the old snakes and lizards trick. Not only have the mails being removed but also all evidence of them having ever been there.

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2020, 09:07:51 AM
I think if trump goes out to 2/1 in the bookies then he might lose... at the minute, he's 6/4 or 7/4, 'thems' good odds
If he gets to 2/1 I don't think he'll stay there long. Of course betting rumours are notoriously unreliable, but talk is there's a lot of money out there waiting on 2/1 and hitting it when it becomes available.

Last time on the Monday of election week, PP had it Clinton 1/5, Trump 4/1.
The polls would suggest the odds should be similar this time around, so maybe the bookies are being overly conservative re Trump this time and the value is actually in Biden. Personally I'm not getting involved monetarily in either!

LCohen

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 29, 2020, 07:52:11 AM
I have a feeling the Democrats will regret going to texas and Georgia and not trying to hold onto what they have.

Possible

sid waddell

Quote from: LCohen on October 29, 2020, 09:39:16 AM
Poor ol' Tucker - the entire trove of Hunter Biden documents just disappeared when they were being sent from NY to LA

They got this material. Only had hard copy. Didn't have a soft copy. Didn't scan it. Didn't photocopy it. Just had the one hard copy and posted it. The postal company did its investigation. No proof of anything being removed. The Tucker arguments seems to be that his team did some stupid shit, compounded it with layer upon layer of stupid shit and then the Biden team did some voodoo shit with a touch of either vaporisation or indeed trans-substantiation. Credible when you think of it.

I know Biden is a catholic but does the Biden team include St Patrick? This is the old snakes and lizards trick. Not only have the mails being removed but also all evidence of them having ever been there.
Anything Tucker Carlson says should be overlaid with the theme music from the Benny Hill Show

Farrandeelin

I have a feeling the Democrats will regret going to texas and Georgia and not trying to hold onto what they have.

It'd be great for them if Texas went Dem though. There wouldn't be any way Trump could do it then I'd imagine. Then again, it's hard to see it so you're probably correct.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

LCohen

Quote from: sid waddell on October 29, 2020, 09:43:45 AM

Anything Tucker Carlson says should be overlaid with the theme music from the Benny Hill Show

What do the guys on the Right think of him? Surely they can see the absence of credibility

J70

;D ;D

sid waddell

Quote from: LCohen on October 29, 2020, 10:39:34 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 29, 2020, 09:43:45 AM

What do the guys on the Right think of him? Surely they can see the absence of credibility
Nobody who supports the Republican party and Donald Trump cares about little things like credibility

screenexile

If only we had some means of transmitting important documents so that they couldn't be misplaced . . . it's tough world out there!!

J70

Depends on money.

If they can spare it, and supposedly Biden has more on hand than Trump, then they can force Trump to divert some of his to those states to defend his campaign. Which obviously takes money away from states where HE would like to put pressure on Biden.

Now if Biden is not shoring up the states HE needs to win, then that is obviously a separate issue. Hillary got caught with her pants down in Michigan and the likes the last time out, only realizing too late that she could be in trouble.

RedHand88

I refuse to believe anyone at a news organisation posted the only copy of the documents.
Surely the first thing they would do is make a bazillion copies if they had them in their hand.

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 29, 2020, 01:10:55 PM
I refuse to believe anyone at a news organisation posted the only copy of the documents.
Surely the first thing they would do is make a bazillion copies if they had them in their hand.

It does sound like bullshit, both that they wouldn't have copies, but also the hyping up of them getting lost. Even UPS is biased against poor Fox News and Trump!

Besides, who the hell is mailing documents these days anyway that don't need a signature or original hard copies?

RedHand88

Quote from: J70 on October 29, 2020, 01:17:38 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on October 29, 2020, 01:10:55 PM

It does sound like bullshit, both that they wouldn't have copies, but also the hyping up of them getting lost. Even UPS is biased against poor Fox News and Trump!

Besides, who the hell is mailing documents these days anyway that don't need a signature or original hard copies?

Fox news seemingly. I dont understand why, if they really had documents, they didn't email them in about a second. I'm assuming they received the documents digital originally.

None of it adds up.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: sid waddell on October 28, 2020, 05:00:16 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 28, 2020, 04:30:54 PM
I'm worried about Pennsylvania. Biden's lead there is on a gentle downward slope. Come on Joe, only 6 days to go!
I'm worried about Pennsylvania for other reasons, namely the courts

It seems to me there is a raft of terrible Republican pollsters desperately trying to portray that public opinion is split evenly or that Trump is ahead

If you want to steal the election, you need to have astro-turf pollsters to create the impression that the race is close or that Trump is ahead

These are Rasmussen (obviously), Trafalgar, Susquehanna and Insider Advantage, the latter two are polling for a right-wing rag called "American Greatness"

You might be right. 538 is saying that there'll be a "blue shift" in PA on election night, where it's possible that the Rethuglicans will appear to have an initial lead, but as the mail-in ballots are counted over the next few days the proportion will shift distinctly blue. I could see Trump coming up with some bogus reason to stop the count, or armed right wing terrorists targeting counting centres.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-pennsylvanias-vote-count-could-change-after-election-night/

J70

It happened with the mid-terms last time out.

Trump was crowing away about the House on election night, but a week later after the actual votes had been counted his arse had been handed to him.