five points

Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2020, 01:53:51 PM
Quote from: five points on October 28, 2020, 01:23:20 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2020, 01:10:37 PM
Quote from: five points on October 28, 2020, 12:59:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2020, 12:51:06 PM
Quote from: five points on October 28, 2020, 11:50:22 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 28, 2020, 11:03:54 AM
I presume "gmac" hasn't condemned the right terrorists who were about to launch a "putsch" in Michican (or Minnesota?)

They were actually anarchists weren't they? (Which explains why the news channels soon dropped the story.)

So these militias as anarchists now?
Yes, apparently. https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/whitmer-conspiracy-allegations-tied-boogaloo-movement-n1242670

You might want to read that piece again.

Looks like a description of bog-standard right wing, anti-government, ammosexual, militia guys to me.

You too. Especially these bits.

"In a social profile verified by date of birth, Croft wore a tricorn hat and a sweatshirt with the insignia of the Three Percenters, an armed anti-government movement. "

"In a YouTube video from May, Caserta claimed in a 30-minute diatribe that "the enemy is government." Caserta recorded the video in front of an anarchist's flag and a map of Michigan. He did not post on YouTube again until three weeks ago. In that video, Caserta does not speak and simply loads and poses with a long gun while wearing a shirt that says "F--- The Government.""

Then check the definition of "anarchist".

Are you're trying to make some sort of point based on the anarchist flag?  How about the trihorn hat and the 3 percenters shirt? Their ties to the so-called boogaloo boys?

These guys are stereotypical American, armed to the teeth, right-wing, anti-government militia morons.

anarchist noun

an·​ar·​chist | \ ˈa-nər-kist  , -ˌnär- \
Definition of anarchist
1: a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power
2: a person who believes in, advocates, or promotes anarchism or anarchy
especially : one who uses violent means to overthrow the established order

J70

Quote from: five points on October 28, 2020, 01:57:04 PM
I presume "gmac" hasn't condemned the right terrorists who were about to launch a "putsch" in Michican (or Minnesota?)

They were actually anarchists weren't they? (Which explains why the news channels soon dropped the story.)

Yes, apparently. https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/whitmer-conspiracy-allegations-tied-boogaloo-movement-n1242670

Looks like a description of bog-standard right wing, anti-government, ammosexual, militia guys to me.

"In a social profile verified by date of birth, Croft wore a tricorn hat and a sweatshirt with the insignia of the Three Percenters, an armed anti-government movement. "

"In a YouTube video from May, Caserta claimed in a 30-minute diatribe that "the enemy is government." Caserta recorded the video in front of an anarchist's flag and a map of Michigan. He did not post on YouTube again until three weeks ago. In that video, Caserta does not speak and simply loads and poses with a long gun while wearing a shirt that says "F--- The Government.""

Are you're trying to make some sort of point based on the anarchist flag?  How about the trihorn hat and the 3 percenters shirt? Their ties to the so-called boogaloo boys?

These guys are stereotypical American, armed to the teeth, right-wing, anti-government militia morons.

anarchist noun

Definition of anarchist
1: a person who rebels against any authority, established order, or ruling power

Thanks.

I think we are all aware of what an anarchist is.

And I think most of us are equally aware that anarchist, in western society, is generally the label used for left-wing radicals driven by some kind of anti-capitalist zealotry.

Whereas the anti-government militias in the US are driven not by any anti-capitalist leanings, but by hatred of what they perceive to be a intruding and illegitimate federal government coming to take their guns or property away, among other things (some are simply racist and opposed to immigrants).

five points

Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2020, 02:07:49 PM

anarchist noun

Definition of anarchist

Thanks.

And I think most of us are equally aware that anarchist, in western society, is generally the label used for left-wing radicals driven by some kind of anti-capitalist zealotry.

Yet the definition says otherwise.

And these geezers had an anarchist flag.

And how can someone be anti-government yet pro-President?

J70

Quote from: five points on October 28, 2020, 02:12:00 PM

anarchist noun

Definition of anarchist

Thanks.

Yet the definition says otherwise.

And these geezers had an anarchist flag.

And how can someone be anti-government yet pro-President?

Given that the modern GOP and Trump himself are pretty anti-government, its not a big stretch.

Especially when said president and party has explicitly called for the "liberation" of Michigan and backed armed-to-the-teeth protestors taking over the state houses in the aftermath of the COVID lockdowns.

five points

Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2020, 02:19:06 PM

Given that the modern GOP and Trump himself are pretty anti-government, its not a big stretch.

Especially when said president and party has explicitly called for the "liberation" of Michigan and backed armed-to-the-teeth protestors taking over the state houses in the aftermath of the COVID lockdowns.

Hardly. How many public expenditure cuts have they implemented recently?

J70

Quote from: five points on October 28, 2020, 02:20:57 PM

Its not just about cuts.

Its about regulations. Its about how the agencies enforce existing regulations and promulgate new ones. Its about whether certain agencies are even kept or staffed to address the issues for which they're responsible. Its about whether inexperienced but connected and ideologically-correct foxes are put in charge of hen houses in place of experienced career professionals, something that has really bitten the US in the arse this year. Its about whether US public lands are maintained for the common good or turned over in ultra-cheap leases to GOP donors to exploit and ruin for minerals or oil or grazing or whatever.

Specifically on cuts and spending, I'll grant you that in the last few years, the likes of Grover Norquist are not so relevant as they were under GW Bush or Paul Ryan. However, I guarantee you that if Biden wins, we'll suddenly start hearing again about the national debt and the deficit.

Gmac

anarchist noun

Definition of anarchist

Thanks.

Whereas the anti-government militias in the US are driven not by any anti-capitalist leanings, but by hatred of what they perceive to be a intruding and illegitimate federal government coming to take their guns or property away, among other things (some are simply racist and opposed to immigrants).
whats the definition for the looters on the streets of Philadelphia ? Anti capitalism ? Criminals?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on October 28, 2020, 02:37:20 PM

anarchist noun

Definition of anarchist

Thanks.

whats the definition for the looters on the streets of Philadelphia ? Anti capitalism ? Criminals?

Looting is a crime.

Anything else?

five points

Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2020, 02:36:17 PM

Its not just about cuts.

Its about regulations. Its about how the agencies enforce existing regulations and promulgate new ones. Its about whether certain agencies are even kept or staffed to address the issues for which they're responsible. Its about whether inexperienced but connected and ideologically-correct foxes are put in charge of hen houses in place of experienced career professionals, something that has really bitten the US in the arse this year. Its about whether US public lands are maintained for the common good or turned over in ultra-cheap leases to GOP donors to exploit and ruin for minerals or oil or grazing or whatever.

Specifically on cuts and spending, I'll grant you that in the last few years, the likes of Grover Norquist are not so relevant as they were under GW Bush or Paul Ryan. However, I guarantee you that if Biden wins, we'll suddenly start hearing again about the national debt and the deficit.
So anarchism is now about light-touch regulation and the fattening of GOP donors.  ::)  My sides.

J70

Quote from: five points on October 28, 2020, 02:40:38 PM

Its not just about cuts.

So anarchism is now about light-touch regulation and the fattening of GOP donors.  ::)  My sides.

"Light-touch" regulation which allows wannabes to amass arsenals of military-grade weapons or means that the Endangered Species Act won't be used to infringe on their hunting or logging rights.

On the other hand, the Federal government, when it's in the hands of the commie Dems, might actually try to limit your access to an anti-aircraft missile launcher or, god forbid, even just make you undergo a background check before purchasing a weapon.

That is what motivates these idiots. What amounts to common sense rules and regulations in any other western society is the epitome of extreme government repression to them.

And now we have state governments shutting down businesses and making people wear masks!

five points

Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2020, 02:51:12 PM

Its not just about cuts.

"Light-touch" regulation which allows wannabes to amass arsenals of military-grade weapons or means that the Endangered Species Act won't be used to infringe on their hunting or logging rights.

On the other hand, the Federal government, when it's in the hands of the commie Dems, might actually try to limit your access to an anti-aircraft missile launcher or, god forbid, even just make you undergo a background check before purchasing a weapon.

That is what motivates these idiots. What amounts to common sense rules and regulations in any other western society is the epitome of extreme government repression to them.

And now we have state governments shutting down businesses and making people wear masks!

Which pretty much defines them as anarchists, as I told you ages ago.

J70

Quote from: five points on October 28, 2020, 03:13:29 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2020, 02:51:12 PM

Its not just about cuts.

Which pretty much defines them as anarchists, as I told you ages ago.

So your original point was that US media is downplaying the far right militia kidnapping plot because the militias are anarchists?

You were not implying that there was some left wing bias at play on the part of the media?

five points

Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2020, 03:23:53 PM

So your original point was that US media is downplaying the far right militia kidnapping plot because the militias are anarchists?
Yes.
You were not implying that there was some left wing bias at play on the part of the media?
That too. Many leftists see anarchism as cool.

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2020, 11:47:24 AM
Quote from: Hound on October 28, 2020, 11:29:22 AM
I did a mock-up of the election result, leaning slightly to the Red in the very close battleground states to take some account of those who will vote Trump but are too embarrassed to admit it to a pollster, as follows.

Trump: Arizona (11), Florida (29), Georgia (16), Iowa (6), North Carolina (15), Ohio (18), Wisconsin (10)

Biden: Michigan (16), Minnesota (10), Nevada (6), New Hampshire (4)

I appreciate many of those are up for grabs and I haven't been overly scientific (and there might be other tights ones too), but they're my calls at the moment, with Wisconsin being the hardest call of the above for me.

I haven't called Pennsylvania (20), and the above leaves the score at Trump 260, Biden 258 - with the 20 from PA to decide who hits the magic 270 figure ..... (and even if I switched Wisconsin blue, my guesses would still leave Trump winning if he took PA).

I think Biden will definitely win the "popular vote" by more than Hillary did, but that won't guarantee winning the election.

Yep, it very easily could come down to waiting a few days for PA, while Trump cries foul and fraud and incites trouble.

If only the PA GOP hadn't insisted on blocking the state from even processing, never mind counting, mail-in ballots before election day.

The shy Trump voter is a invented now debunked theory as a reason to explain not fully accurate 2016 polls.
And Biden is ahead in the polls in Wisconsin by >10%     

J70

Quote from: five points on October 28, 2020, 03:26:07 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 28, 2020, 03:23:53 PM

Yes.
That too. Many leftists see anarchism as cool.

I assure you there are probably not many leftists who see these roided-up, wannabe-mercenary militias as cool.

Especially when the militias in turn despise everything that leftists and liberals represent.