The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on May 14, 2020, 04:46:50 PM

you could put this poll in the shitter with the gaslit nation podcast .
You're another listener to it? That's quite the turn up.  ;D

sid waddell

It's very instructive the way the Trumpbots never debate anything of any substance here. Their only point in posting is that they can "own the libs".

In their own mind. Though to call what they have a "mind" is a bit over the top.

If the internet had existed in 1938 there would have been a load of people who thought they were "owning the libs" by trolling for Hitler.

Trumpbots are a classic example of how the psychology of fascism works on those it is intended to work on.

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on May 14, 2020, 05:09:38 PM
It's very instructive the way the Trumpbots never debate anything of any substance here. Their only point in posting is that they can "own the libs".

In their own mind. Though to call what they have a "mind" is a bit over the top.

If the internet had existed in 1938 there would have been a load of people who thought they were "owning the libs" by trolling for Hitler.

Trumpbots are a classic example of how the psychology of fascism works on those it is intended to work on.

Hmmm. George Bernard Shaw, one of the leading left-liberal commentators of the day. https://www.nytimes.com/1933/11/24/archives/shaw-praises-hitler-as-able-statesman-but-chancellor-erred-he-says.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQvsf2MUKRQ&has_verified=1

whitey

When he gets re elected you are going to have serious therapist bills

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on May 14, 2020, 05:19:20 PM

Hmmm. George Bernard Shaw, one of the leading left-liberal commentators of the day. https://www.nytimes.com/1933/11/24/archives/shaw-praises-hitler-as-able-statesman-but-chancellor-erred-he-says.html
I bet you thought you were making a devastating point there...

Unfortunately for you, you weren't, and are only backing up exactly what I say.

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on May 14, 2020, 05:29:08 PM

When he gets re elected you are going to have serious therapist bills
You've completely proved my point for me there.

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on May 14, 2020, 05:29:24 PM

Hardly. Shaw was one of yours.  And the bilge that came out of his mouth was so bad that this footage carries a "This video may be inappropriate for some users." warning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQvsf2MUKRQ

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on May 14, 2020, 05:33:20 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 14, 2020, 05:29:24 PM

Hardly. Shaw was one of yours.  And the bilge that came out of his mouth was so bad that this footage carries a "This video may be inappropriate for some users." warning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQvsf2MUKRQ

How do you think you are offering a counter argument to my point?

I'll give you a clue - you aren't.

You're literally proving it.

My point touched a raw nerve with you as you felt it referred to you, so you responded out of anger with a pointless non sequitur instead of addressing the point - because you are unable to argue against it.

Why did you do that?

sid waddell

Remember what Trump said on January 20, 2017.

"This American carnage stops right here and right now".

But what is happening now is American carnage, and it's all on him.

On January 20, 2017, the carnage was just getting started.

five points

Quote from: sid waddell on May 14, 2020, 05:37:59 PM

My point touched a raw nerve with you as you felt it referred to you, so you responded out of anger with a pointless non sequitur instead of addressing the point - because you are unable to argue against it.

Calm down. You made a mindless comment about "Trumpbots" and 1938 support for Hitler. It took me a few seconds to rebut that. And you're ranting since. 

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on May 14, 2020, 05:42:20 PM

Serious question.....what will you do if he wins in November?

whitey

I read a great quote somewhere

A lot of people vote for Trump, not because they like him, but because he hates the same people they hate.

If the Democrats could rein the crazy woke wing of the party, they might have a shot, but good Lord, they're getting worse by the minute

omochain

Quote from: whitey on May 14, 2020, 05:45:06 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 14, 2020, 05:42:20 PM

Serious question.....what will you do if he wins in November?

Serious question.. what will you do if Trump wins in November.

sid waddell

Quote from: five points on May 14, 2020, 05:44:21 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 14, 2020, 05:37:59 PM

Calm down. You made a mindless comment about "Trumpbots" and 1938 support for Hitler. It took me a few seconds to rebut that. And you're ranting since.
You rebutted nothing. You posted an irrelevant non sequitur.

But hey, you said "calm down", you said I was "ranting", so I guess you win the argument by saying that, or something. At least you think so. You're "owning" me, a "lib", by saying that. Or something.

Donald Trump's propaganda methods are straight out of Nazi Germany. He dehumanises minority groups and dehumanises his opponents. He uses constant lies and threats, and the creation of a fact free alternative world to get what he wants. And repetition, repetition, repetition.

There is no way around this. Trump's propaganda methods are essentially identical to that of Hitler.

Trumpbots glory in this.

In the same way there was never a "lightbulb" moment where Hitler's supporters deserted him because he had gone too far, the exact same phenomemon has happened with Trump. There is no lightbulb moment, there never will be one, just a continual and inevitable descent into the depths of fascist depravity, in which criminality, racism, bigotry, rejection of science, rejection of reason and rejection of truth are gloried in, and the only response is trolling, gaslighting, and Beavis and Butthead style laughing to one's self that they're "owning the libs". Fascism is always about glorying in the pain of others and the responses here bear that point out.

But hey, you're "owning the libs" by laughing at 85k dead in the US from Covid-19.

Now, instead of making some glib, pointless comment that adresses precisely nothing, come up with an actual argument.

You won't.

five points

Never argue with someone who is foaming at the mouth.  8)