The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 11:23:39 AMNo president has ever done this before.

No president has ever presented a campaign video as part of a White House press conference in the middle of a national emergency before either.

A lot of firsts for this presidency.
i usse an speelchekor

J70

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 15, 2020, 12:30:59 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 11:23:39 AMNo president has ever done this before.

No president has ever presented a campaign video as part of a White House press conference in the middle of a national emergency before either.

A lot of firsts for this presidency.

For all our sakes, hopefully lasts too.

trailer

Quote from: Boycey on April 15, 2020, 11:06:14 AM
When the dust settles there'll be plenty of blame to go around I'd say and who knows maybe Trump is right and a lot of it lies at the WHOs door but now is hardly the right time to be debating it? We're in this mire now and how we escape from it is way more important in the short term than who's fault it is? Destabilizing an important organisation like the WHO is hardly the way to go

Yes like when some teenager guns down a load of students in a classroom it's not the time to discuss gun control? May I suggest thoughts and prayers?
Now is absolutely the time. These charlatans have been caught out. Why trust them on anything they say? We need to ask these tough questions. It's literally life or death.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Itchy on April 15, 2020, 12:06:34 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 14, 2020, 04:13:42 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 14, 2020, 03:55:37 PM
Putting anyone on a par with this FFS

Quotehttps://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/1240687017433825285

The OANN reporter Chanel Rion - who has access to the daily press briefings -  files an investigative report (i.e. a massive conspiracy theory) about the source of the corona virus.

She credits "Greg Rubini, a citizen investigator and monitored source amongst a certain set in the D.C. intelligence community" who thinks the virus was developed at University of North Carolina and exported to China and Italy to discredit Trump.

Rubini is a noted conspiracy theorist on Twitter.

During her interview they flash a picture of Rubini looking serious and studious and committed.

But it's actually a picture of the actor Kier Dullea taken from "2001 A Space Odyssey". That's the picture Rubini uses as his profile picture on his Twitter account.

Watch the John Oliver link I posted the other day on this thread.

It is f**king mind-boggling what OAN is putting out!

The fact that Trump is calling on their "reporter" in press conferences and giving them shout-outs on Twitter is a sad indictment of the state of the US presidency at the moment.

Sad indictment of the millions of morons that put that president there more like. Can that country get any more stupid I wonder.

screenexile

Kellyanne Conway "This is COVID 19 people not COVID 1"

It's getting beyond parody at this stage!!

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: screenexile on April 15, 2020, 02:50:20 PM

Yeah, unfortunately the f**kwits that vote for them will probably think "yeah, she's right"...
i usse an speelchekor

J70

Quote from: screenexile on April 15, 2020, 02:50:20 PM

What does that even mean??

Gabriel_Hurl

I think she thinks it's the 19th version of the virus?

Gmac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 15, 2020, 12:29:27 PM
Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 03:01:09 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 02:10:25 AM
News tonight that they're delaying the stimulus cheques because the Treasury has been ordered to print Trump's name on them.

The man is a f**king megalomaniac.

And his administration and the GOP are a personality cult.
is he signing everyone of them ? You ever hear of a printer.

Emphasis by me.  ;)
story is 2 weeks old most people are getting their stimulus check via direct deposit, stick to the virus that's your field of expertise.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 15, 2020, 04:02:41 PM
I think she thinks it's the 19th version of the virus?

Ah.

That's embarrassing, if true.

More likely she's spinning bullshit for the elderly Fox News audience though.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 04:23:40 PM
News tonight that they're delaying the stimulus cheques because the Treasury has been ordered to print Trump's name on them.

Emphasis by me.  ;)
story is 2 weeks old most people are getting their stimulus check via direct deposit, stick to the virus that's your field of expertise.

Not much point sticking to any field if you can't read a post.

[and its far from my field of expertise]
i usse an speelchekor

J70

Emphasis by me.  ;)

Are you not in the slightest way embarrassed by the neediness, narcissism and cynicism of the leader of your movement and party?

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Gmac on April 15, 2020, 04:23:40 PMstory is 2 weeks old most people are getting their stimulus check via direct deposit, stick to the virus that's your field of expertise.

Hmmmmm

QuoteApril 14, 2020 at 5:46 p.m. PDT
The Treasury Department has ordered President Trump's name printed on stimulus checks the Internal Revenue Service is rushing to send to tens of millions of Americans, a process that could slow their delivery by a few days, senior IRS officials said.

The unprecedented decision, finalized late Monday, means that when recipients open the $1,200 paper checks the IRS is scheduled to begin sending to 70 million Americans in coming days, "President Donald J. Trump" will appear on the left side of the payment.

It will be the first time a president's name appears on an IRS disbursement, whether a routine refund or one of the handful of checks the government has issued to taxpayers in recent decades either to stimulate a down economy or share the dividends of a strong one.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 15, 2020, 04:38:28 PM

Emphasis by me.  ;)

Are you not in the slightest way embarrassed by the neediness, narcissism and cynicism of the leader of your movement and party?
not my movement or party , unfortunately the alternative in my opinion is equally bad or worse.