The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: seafoid on January 07, 2018, 06:04:47 AM
Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2018, 01:00:18 AM
Not at all

I don't know if you live here or not, but (imho) the Dems have become the party of the non working class. They've become the party of the gender confused. They've. Become the party of the easily offended They've become the party of abortion up to and including the Day of birth. They've become the party of the criminal over the cop (I'm kinda exxagerating, but I think you get the point)

In the lead up to the election many on here laughed at me when I said Trump had a chance. I was on the road super early (4:00 AM) 5/6 times in a the 2 weeks leading up to the election. The Union, F150 driving guys you see on the road at that hour had Trump over Hillary stickers by a margin of 3:1.

As Bill Clinton said of Obamacare......it's the craziest thing ever. People humping it 60 hours a week.....their premiums have doubled and their coverage has been cut in half.  They're the people the Democratic Party has forgotten
A lot of ordinary people voted for Trump in good faith. They thought he would help them. For a new government controlled by you.

https://youtu.be/vST61W4bGm8

Trump was bankrolled by the Mercers

The Mercers didn't spend all that money to help people in Indiana. Would you shtop. That is not how it works.
As Mitch MC Connell said early on "we can get him to sign anything "

Clinton would also have been corrupt but she wouldn't have introduced a $1.5 tn tax cut for plutocrats  paid for by gutting the programs that people in Louisiana depend on to get by.

It is hard to see the GOP surviving the latest  betrayal of the US working class.

Shut up! The democrats have betrayed the working class for decades.

Obamacare forced people in some states to have the flu shot, take it or be fired, bioth main parties are in bed with big pharma, the republicans are in bed with the NRA and both are puppets of wall st, both parties are bought and paid for and Clinton is one of if not the most corrupt politician in American history, you lot had her as your choice and hardly said a word when Bernie got fucked and now suddenly everything is Trumps fault? Really?

I love it that the Trump bashing continues unabated, it is wonderful, it means that the liberals will screw themselves in the upcoming elections, 95% of people who voted for Trump said they would vote for him again in a recent poll, probably because the left offers absolutely nada!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on January 07, 2018, 10:55:55 AM
Not at all

I don't know if you live here or not, but (imho) the Dems have become the party of the non working class. They've become the party of the gender confused. They've. Become the party of the easily offended They've become the party of abortion up to and including the Day of birth. They've become the party of the criminal over the cop (I'm kinda exxagerating, but I think you get the point)

In the lead up to the election many on here laughed at me when I said Trump had a chance. I was on the road super early (4:00 AM) 5/6 times in a the 2 weeks leading up to the election. The Union, F150 driving guys you see on the road at that hour had Trump over Hillary stickers by a margin of 3:1.

As Bill Clinton said of Obamacare......it's the craziest thing ever. People humping it 60 hours a week.....their premiums have doubled and their coverage has been cut in half.  They're the people the Democratic Party has forgotten
A lot of ordinary people voted for Trump in good faith. They thought he would help them. For a new government controlled by you.

The Mercers didn't spend all that money to help people in Indiana. Would you shtop. That is not how it works.

Clinton would also have been corrupt but she wouldn't have introduced a $1.5 tn tax cut for plutocrats  paid for by gutting the programs that people in Louisiana depend on to get by.

It is hard to see the GOP surviving the latest  betrayal of the US working class.

Obamacare forced people in some states to have the flu shot, take it or be fired, bioth main parties are in bed with big pharma, the republicans are in bed with the NRA and both are puppets of wall st, both parties are bought and paid for and Clinton is one of if not the most corrupt politician in American history, you lot had her as your choice and hardly said a word when Bernie got fucked and now suddenly everything is Trumps fault? Really?

I love it that the Trump bashing continues unabated, it is wonderful, it means that the liberals will screw themselves in the upcoming elections, 95% of people who voted for Trump said they would vote for him again in a recent poll, probably because the left offers absolutely nada!

If you were on the ball Stew Alabama would have chosen Moore. Enough people have figured out Trump is a fraud 

The rest tune in to the gorilla channel.

J70

1. Bernie didn't get fucked.
2. If the Dems have been screwing the working class, where does that leave the GOP? They're certainly not for them. Tax breaks for the rich, a weaker social safety net, and weakening worker, consumer and environmental protections are their raison d'etre. Although I'll admit that he GOP does a fine job of appealing to a certain section of the US working class by scapegoating gays and illegal immigrants and so on to distract them.

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on January 07, 2018, 11:26:20 AM
Not at all

If you were on the ball Stew Alabama would have chosen Moore. Enough people have figured out Trump is a fraud 

Moore....who was already very unpopular in Alabama.....and now an alleged peado, lost by 1.5 points

If you think this is evidence of some tidal wave of support for the Democrats, please keep thinking that.

What will the Democrats bring to the table in 2018. If they're not careful they'll fvck this up spectacularly

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2018, 11:34:55 AM
2. If the Dems have been screwing the working class, where does that leave the GOP? They're certainly not for them. Tax breaks for the rich, a weaker social safety net, and weakening worker, consumer and environmental protections are their raison d'etre. Although I'll admit that he GOP does a fine job of appealing to a certain section of the US working class by scapegoating gays and illegal immigrants and so on to distract them.

Rigged primary, rigged debates, rigged media......hahahaha

https://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/03/17/new-york-times-bernie-sanders-coverage-public-editor/

Bernie got shafted spectacularly

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2018, 12:03:01 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 07, 2018, 11:26:20 AM
Not at all

Moore....who was already very unpopular in Alabama.....and now an alleged peado, lost by 1.5 points

If you think this is evidence of some tidal wave of support for the Democrats, please keep thinking that.

What will the Democrats bring to the table in 2018. If they're not careful they'll fvck this up spectacularly
How often do the Dems win a Senate seat in Alabama? Since 1968 it has been GOP. Beating Moore  was like Leitrim winning in Cashelbar.

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2018, 12:05:43 PM

https://publiceditor.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/03/17/new-york-times-bernie-sanders-coverage-public-editor/

If Bernie was "fucked" or "shafted" by DNC bias, then surely there must have been some kind of injury that he suffered in terms of loss of votes or a failure to get his message out?

Bernie was a phenomenon. He got masses of news coverage, little of it negative (the right wing didn't even begin to work him over). He got his message out there and extended the campaign into June. Unfortunately for him, he lost big states like Illinois, New York and California, as well as the entire south (I live in NYC, and its not like there were tonnes of tv ads supporting Hillary and few in support of Bernie). And I don't hear anyone whining that Chafee or O'Malley or the like were fucked over by the DNC.

And seriously, the "rigged debate"?? Being warned that a Democratic debate in Flint, MI, in the spring of 2016 might include a question on the lead in water scandal is at about the same level of tipping the scale as warning Jurgen Klopp this week that he might get asked about Phillippe Coutinho in his press conference. And whatever else you might say about Hillary Clinton, whether or not you believe the likes of stew's moronic hyperbole about her being a murderer and the most corrupt US politician ever, there is no way that you could claim she is not extremely smart and prepared and informed or wouldn't anticipate that such a bleeding obvious, mickey-mouse question such as the Flint lead crisis, happening there and then, might come up in a Democratic debate in Flint. One could certainly see how a GOP debate might be less certain to feature discussion of such a public health and environmental scandal, I guess, but that's no excuse to be using this as evidence of Bernie getting fucked over.

As for the Times article, assuming that Bernie WAS treated unfairly with that article, well so what? Are you telling me there weren't papers out there that printed articles that leaned his way against Hillary, including the Times?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2018, 01:06:48 PM

If Bernie was "fucked" or "shafted" by DNC bias, then surely there must have been some kind of injury that he suffered in terms of loss of votes or a failure to get his message out?

Bernie was a phenomenon. He got masses of news coverage, little of it negative (the right wing didn't even begin to work him over). He got his message out there and extended the campaign into June. Unfortunately for him, he lost big states like Illinois, New York and California, as well as the entire south (I live in NYC, and its not like there were tonnes of tv ads supporting Hillary and few in support of Bernie). And I don't hear anyone whining that Chafee or O'Malley or the like were fucked over by the DNC.

And seriously, the "rigged debate"?? Being warned that a Democratic debate in Flint, MI, in the spring of 2016 might include a question on the lead in water scandal is at about the same level of tipping the scale as warning Jurgen Klopp this week that he might get asked about Phillippe Coutinho in his press conference. And whatever else you might say about Hillary Clinton, whether or not you believe the likes of stew's moronic hyperbole about her being a murderer and the most corrupt US politician ever, there is no way that you could claim she is not extremely smart and prepared and informed or wouldn't anticipate that such a bleeding obvious, mickey-mouse question such as the Flint lead crisis, happening there and then, might come up in a Democratic debate in Flint. One could certainly see how a GOP debate might be less certain to feature discussion of such a public health and environmental scandal, I guess, but that's no excuse to be using this as evidence of Bernie getting fucked over.

As for the Times article, assuming that Bernie WAS treated unfairly with that article, well so what? Are you telling me there weren't papers out there that printed articles that leaned his way against Hillary, including the Times?

And here my friends is exactly why Hillary lost the most winnable election in the history of the Inited States.....absolutely no self awareness.... we didn't do anything wrong....deflecting and spinning.... I'm the most qualified, smartest, best prepared......blah, blah blah...Keep it up

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2018, 01:21:51 PM

And here my friends is exactly why Hillary lost the most winnable election in the history of the Inited States.....absolutely no self awareness.... we didn't do anything wrong....deflecting and spinning.... I'm the most qualified, smartest, best prepared......blah, blah blah...Keep it up

Why don't you respond to what I said?

I never said the DNC did nothing wrong.

I called bullshit on some of your post, which you've ignored of course (just your usual, arrogant, vacuous "keep it up" nonsense), and questioned what actual effect, if any, the bias of the DNC had on the primary.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2018, 01:41:27 PM

I called bullshit on some of your post, which you've ignored of course (just your usual, arrogant, vacuous "keep it up" nonsense), and questioned what actual effect, if any, the bias of the DNC had on the primary.

A NY Times article was actually EDITED within hours of publication and turned from a pro Bernie piece to an anti Bernie hit job.  Its so obvious it seems as if Hillary herself edited it.

The DNC shut off access to the voter Database to Bernie

Debates were scheduled to coincide with Sunday night play off football games and other sporting events

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/427026/why-democrats-buried-their-debates-times-no-one-will-watch-brendan-bordelon

The CNN debate question leak is the only one we know about.......how many more were there that werent exposed by wikileaks

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2018, 01:55:12 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2018, 01:41:27 PM

A NY Times article was actually EDITED within hours of publication and turned from a pro Bernie piece to an anti Bernie hit job.  Its so obvious it seems as if Hillary herself edited it.

The DNC shut off access to the voter Database to Bernie

Debates were scheduled to coincide with Sunday night play off football games and other sporting events

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/427026/why-democrats-buried-their-debates-times-no-one-will-watch-brendan-bordelon

The CNN debate question leak is the only one we know about.......how many more were there that werent exposed by wikileaks

Its a shame the candidates weren't swamping Iowa and New Hampshire for months prior to the debates so that the public would know what Bernie stood for, not just Hillary. Oh... wait...

And again, I never said the DNC wasn't leaning towards Hillary. I questioned, and am still questioning, what difference it made. You are the one adamantly saying Bernie got "fucked" and "shafted". Everyone knew what Bernie stood for. His criticism of Hillary was widely broadcast, whether that was for Wall St. speeches or whatever. And this is the age of the internet. Its not the 1980s.

On the voter database, perhaps you could tell everyone how long that was for and why?

As for the leaked questions, given their overall involvement in the campaign and volume of leaks, why would Wikileaks choose to publish only one, and such an innocuous, obvious one at that? And just what debate did you watch where the serious questions came from left field or could not be anticipated and hadn't been discussed by each candidate dozens of times, whether in debates or interviews or opinion pieces or wherever? Most candidates have good command of these issues, exceptions like Trump or the, at the time, drugged-up Rick Perry aside.

whitey

Eh....Bernie spent 50 days in Iowa and held 128 events. Hillary spent 42 days and held 86 events

What exactly are you implying by your statement?  Are you saying that the timing of this one debate didn't matter because no one was engaged at that stage?

What about the timing of the other debates? It was quite obvious they wanted to insulate her!

The DNC had their candidate picked and Bernie was undermined, double crossed and screwed over at every opportunity. To say the DNC "leaned" towards Hillary is the understatement of the decade

Everyone knew the topics, but having the actual question gives you a huge advantage other candidates did not have

Regarding the database breach read this and see if shutting down their access was an appropriate course Of action

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2015/12/18/politics/bernie-sanders-campaign-dnc-suspension/index.html

J70

So the database access was blocked for one whole day due to a breach by the Sanders campaign for which they sacked someone. That's the extent of Bernie's campaign getting shut out of the database claim you made?

My point on the Iowa debate was that both candidates had blanketed Iowa by that stage. NH too.

And yes, it seems they wanted to play conservatively for Hillary with the debate scheduling. Poor on behalf of the DNC. But again , what difference did that ultimately make?

And I'm not getting the wording of the question significance. They all retreat to their canned answers, and how many different forms could a "what is your view on the Flint lead crisis and who is to blame?" question take?

Denn Forever

A year on and still the debate on the mechanics of the election.  Is there any debate on changing things e.g. having the number of electoral votes changed to reflect population or whatever?

Anyway hope they have the big buttons well guarded in each country.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J70

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 07, 2018, 03:35:44 PM
A year on and still the debate on the mechanics of the election.  Is there any debate on changing things e.g. having the number of electoral votes changed to reflect population or whatever?

Anyway hope they have the big buttons well guarded in each country.

Census in 2020 will lead to redistributing and realignment. CA and NY will lose house seats.

Census, for the first time in years, is also being politicized by Trump. He wants to include a citizenship question (which of course will mean illegals won't engage and will go uncounted), while the agency tasked with carrying out the census is underfunded, undermanned and unprepared.