The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

I've posted this before, but he IS William J. Le Petomane!

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on June 13, 2017, 02:57:59 PM
I've posted this before, but he IS William J. Le Petomane!

Betsy DeVos looks a little different.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Come on fox lad, that display had to have crossed a line, even for you! ;D

Policy is one thing, and the source of legitimate, intelligent disagreement, but Trump is a vainglorious, insecure, narcissistic, self-unaware man-child. You wouldn't get this freakshow with Pence or Romney or Jeb.

It's hurting your political cause.

You can admit it!

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on June 13, 2017, 05:47:25 PM

Policy is one thing, and the source of legitimate, intelligent disagreement, but Trump is a vainglorious, insecure, narcissistic, self-unaware man-child. You wouldn't get this freakshow with Pence or Romney or Jeb.

You can admit it!

Actually no. When you play on a team you support your captain. The cabinet was putting on a unified front backing the president. The media has vilified them since they have taken office so I really can't blame them for showing that they are fully behind him. I think Donald likes to wind up democrats though.

Did you think at any stage the fawning by the media over Obama was in any way sickening ? (I used to puke my ring up at some of his cringeworthy antics). 8 whole years of it as president and still goes on to this day. Mostly faced soft questions at his press conferences. Surely you can see the difference in treatment.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on June 13, 2017, 06:36:34 PM

You can admit it!

Actually no. When you play on a team you support your captain. The cabinet was putting on a unified front backing the president. The media has vilified them since they have taken office so I really can't blame them for showing that they are fully behind him. I think Donald likes to wind up democrats though.

Unified front??

That was a staged, orchestrated photo op which demonstrated Trump's complete tone deafness and lack of self awareness. Cringeworthy doesn't even begin to describe it.

I used to think that maybe Trump was in fact blowing smoke with all this nonsense to try to distract the media and the Democrats, but it just doesn't add up. The thin skin, the overreaction to any perceived slight, no matter how innocuous, the need to be seen on the "offensive" always and without fail... he's an insecure bully who needs complete and utter loyalty from his underlings.

At least stew and whitey have the sense to admit that he is doing their cause little good!

Did you think at any stage the fawning by the media over Obama was in any way sickening ? (I used to puke my ring up at some of his cringeworthy antics). 8 whole years of it as president and still goes on to this day. Mostly faced soft questions at his press conferences. Surely you can see the difference in treatment.

I'm  not going to dispute that many in the media were much better disposed to Obama than to Trump (but the converse is true - look at the ceaseless hyping up of everything from the birth cert nonsense to the New Black Panthers to Jade Helm by the right wing media). But on questioning, what "hard" questions have Trump or his reps faced? You think getting called out on blatant, in your face, remorseless lies is unfair?

And I'd be interested in hearing about these "antics" from Obama that made you want to "puke your ring up". Examples?

Because say what you want about his opinions and policies, he didn't act anywhere even remotely close to the childish buffoon that the current incumbent does.

With Trump, its getting hard to keep up. We've done the hostage video cabinet meeting here today. No one has even mentioned his surrogate putting feelers out in the media about giving Mueller the boot and what the implications of that would be. And just since yesterday!

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on June 13, 2017, 06:53:10 PM

You can admit it!

Unified front??

That was a staged, orchestrated photo op which demonstrated Trump's complete tone deafness and lack of self awareness. Cringeworthy doesn't even begin to describe it.

I used to think that maybe Trump was in fact blowing smoke with all this nonsense to try to distract the media and the Democrats, but it just doesn't add up. The thin skin, the overreaction to any perceived slight, no matter how innocuous, the need to be seen on the "offensive" always and without fail... he's an insecure bully who needs complete and utter loyalty from his underlings.

At least stew and whitey have the sense to admit that he is doing their cause little good!

I'm  not going to dispute that many in the media were much better disposed to Obama than to Trump (but the converse is true - look at the ceaseless hyping up of everything from the birth cert nonsense to the New Black Panthers to Jade Helm by the right wing media). But on questioning, what "hard" questions have Trump or his reps faced? You think getting called out on blatant, in your face, remorseless lies is unfair?

And I'd be interested in hearing about these "antics" from Obama that made you want to "puke your ring up". Examples?

Because say what you want about his opinions and policies, he didn't act anywhere even remotely close to the childish buffoon that the current incumbent does.

With Trump, its getting hard to keep up. We've done the hostage video cabinet meeting here today. No one has even mentioned his surrogate putting feelers out in the media about giving Mueller the boot and what the implications of that would be. And just since yesterday!

That's a democrats take on the photo-op. I don't expect you to think anything else.

Barack O'Bama in county offaly, Appearances on the Ellen show, his "mic drop" at last years correspondents dinner etc.
Need I go on? Stomach churning stuff but the liberal media lapped it up and continually broadcast positive items about him. 24 hour brainwashing.

Mueller and Comey are best pals aren't they?

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on June 13, 2017, 07:36:57 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 13, 2017, 06:53:10 PM

You can admit it!

Unified front??

That's a democrats take on the photo-op. I don't expect you to think anything else.

Barack O'Bama in county offaly, Appearances on the Ellen show, his "mic drop" at last years correspondents dinner etc.
Need I go on? Stomach churning stuff but the liberal media lapped it up and continually broadcast positive items about him. 24 hour brainwashing.

Mueller and Comey are best pals aren't they?

Feel free lad to explain why we would think of it as anything other than a toe-curling, completely self-unaware photo-op!

The Obama stuff you mention - the Offaly thing is standard, lip-service stuff, done by Reagan and Kennedy before him (did Bill Clinton do it?). Ellen show - I'm not sure how that is cringeworthy. It was a talk show. Light hearted stuff. They all do them. Humanizes them I guess. Trump even did SNL two years ago, dancing to Drake FFS (I thought he did quite well on it, not taking himself TOO seriously, for once in his life), while he let Jimmy Fallon ruffle his hair. Why anyone would raise an eyebrow to that type of fluff is beyond me.

The mic drop was funny. End of.

As for Mueller and Comey, I've no idea if they're pals. I'm sure they at least know each other, given that Mueller had to hand over the reins at the FBI to Comey. Given that Mueller is a Republican and that he was appointed Deputy AG and the FBI Director by George W. Bush, I'm not sure what your implication is. Are you going to justify Trump firing a special prosecutor a few weeks after he was appointed by his own Justice Department (and a few weeks after he sacked the FBI Director who was overseeing the investigation into his campaign and cabinet's links to Russia?). Worked out well for Nixon!

Eamonnca1

Obama did the sort of thing you'd expect a president to do, especially one that's in touch with the people. Fox hates it simply because Obama is black.

Harold Disgracey

Any danger of any of the republicans taking their tongues out of Sessions arse and asking him a question? Sessions is woefully forgetful and evasive.

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 13, 2017, 08:58:09 PM
Obama did the sort of thing you'd expect a president to do, especially one that's in touch with the people. Fox hates it simply because Obama is black.

The bold Eamon is alive and well (aw dammit) and playing the race card immediately.

don't forget that question is still open for you.

omochain

Quote from: foxcommander on June 13, 2017, 09:58:44 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 13, 2017, 08:58:09 PM

The bold Eamon is alive and well (aw dammit) and playing the race card immediately.

don't forget that question is still open for you.

Do you ever reflect on how you constantly pass on answering questions but do not feel any shame or embarrassment when you hold others to account. I guess in your world "responsibility" is only for the rest of us. You do really resemble your lord and master...

Hound

Rumours of assissination attempt on a prominent Republican politician (not the President)...

Declan

Congressmen, Aides Reportedly Shot At Early Morning Baseball Practice

Several people were reportedly hit.

By Hayley Miller
Shots were fired on a group of Republican lawmakers in Alexandria, Virginia on Wednesday morning and witnesses say that several aides and members were hit.
Among those who were shot were Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.), according to Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Al.) Brooks used his belt as a tourniquet to stop Scalise's bleeding and told reporters that more than 50 bullets were fired, a local radio station said.
The lawmakers were at baseball practice, as is customary this time of year in preparation for the annual congressional baseball game.
Alexandria Police said that victims were being transported to nearby hospitals

J70

Whoa!  :o

Hope they're ok, but 50 shots fired... Don't particularly like Scalise or his politics, but that doesn't mean he deserves to be targeted for any kind of physical abuse or threats, and definitely not like this. Hope the cops get the sc**bag who did this.

J70

Shooter (now dead) apparently a Bernie volunteer who hated Trump and (it would seem) the GOP.

One wonders what he thought this would achieve?