The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on June 15, 2017, 11:16:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 15, 2017, 10:39:26 PM

So the killing and targeting muslims and other foreigners in the US in recent months is down to Trump then.

That's where your logic leads.

And "demonization"??

You're either on the wind-up or incredibly ignorant given the record of the right, including Trump himself.

J - who's been killing muslims and foreigners in the us in recent months??

Seriously - is this your argument to defend the democrats from their nasty viscous campaign which has lead to an attempted assassination of republican politicians
Kathy Griffin, Snoop Dogg, Madonna advocating the murder of the president. CNN, MSNBC and the likes promoting it

You bucks have really lost the plot.

You need to pay attention.

Off the top of my head, you had the header who shot the Indian lads in Kansas City, killing one, because he mistook them for muslims, yelling at them to "get out of my country".

You had the headcase in Portland Oregon a couple of weeks back who harrassed and abused a couple of girls due to their muslim appearance and ended up stabbing three men, killing two of them, who came to the girls' aid. Now of course, all the right has to say on this genius was that he had expressed support for Bernie, of course ignoring his involvement in the alt right causes and marches which fit right in with the mentality of contempt for non-whites and muslims.

Here is a NY Times report on FBI figures from last year showing an increase in hate crimes driven by a rise in anti-muslim attacks.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/us/politics/fbi-hate-crimes-muslims.html?_r=0

And of course, it takes Trump a lot longer to condemn attacks such as the above pair and the one in Quebec earlier in the year than it does to react to any terrorist act carried out BY muslims.

And since when are Kathy Griffin and Madonna and Snoop Dog the Democratic Party?

Do you want me to compile a list of violent threats by actual GOP politicians? I already referred in an earlier post today to Trump talking about the second amendment people jumping into action if Hillary were to win and start appointing judges or Sharon Angle calling for "second amendment remedies" to liberal politicians. Its not too many years since Ted Nugent, a recent high profile guest in the White House, threatened Obama and Hillary. FFS Trump himself threatened a violent response from his supporters at the Republican National Convention last summer if he were not to win!

The only people who've lost the plot are the hypocrites crying foul when their movement has been engaged in violent and divisive and demonizing rhetoric for years.

J70

BTW, I would have zero problem with something like the Kathy Griffin stunt or Sharon Angle's statements resulting in arrests.

J70

And where was all of this sensitivity over the eight years the GOP, especially Trump, were sowing the seeds of division with the most ridiculous personal attacks on Obama, whether on his citizenship or his religion or him being the f**king antichrist! It was a cottage industry on the right! They even got him into a Discovery Channel series on the bible as the personification of the devil FFS!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: foxcommander on June 15, 2017, 09:43:47 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 15, 2017, 08:55:51 PM
Who's responsible for the shooting of Gabby Giffords then, Fox? You gonna hold Sarah Palin responsible for that after her "Second Amendment solutions" speech?

Or on the latest shooting how about Rand "Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!" Paul?

That's a pathetic attempt of whataboutery Eamon. Not in the same league.
It's been a unified message coming from the democrat party for months to resist and cause unrest for the new administration.
I hope they are ashamed of themselves now. Doubt it though.

Who's responsible, Fox? The shooters or the people who incite them?

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J70

So Trump is going to let the so-called Dreamer kids stay after all. He won't extend the amnesty to their parents as Obama wanted to do, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Armed ICE cops busting into schools looking for fourth graders wasn't working too well, PR-wise, I suppose.

The right wing is going to be pissed off though! :)

Gabriel_Hurl

Donnie Dickhead under investigation  ;D

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on June 16, 2017, 02:17:20 PM
So Trump is going to let the so-called Dreamer kids stay after all. He won't extend the amnesty to their parents as Obama wanted to do, but I guess it's better than nothing.

Armed ICE cops busting into schools looking for fourth graders wasn't working too well, PR-wise, I suppose.

Yup. The right loves violence and ripping families apart, but I suppose even that has its limits.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 16, 2017, 07:03:53 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 16, 2017, 02:17:20 PM

Yup. The right loves violence and ripping families apart, but I suppose even that has its limits.

f**k off Eamon with your left wing bullshit, no one wants families ripped apart, some want the rule of law to you know, be followed!

In four days the USA will be wide open for everyone according to one democrat!

Governor of Virginia, Democrat Terry McAuliffe, brought up gun control and accidentally claimed 93 million people die from guns every day.

The Democratic Governor of Virginia decided to make the shooting of Republican House Whip Steve Scalise political by bringing up gun control in a press conference just moments after Scalise and Capitol Police were shot by a guy who was a Trump/Russia alarmist.

Terry McAuliffe is using a tragic incident involving a Republican lawmaker to advance his own political agenda even though it seems the attacker may have been influenced by McAuliffe's own party's rhetoric.

First McAuliffe started his statement by accidentally saying 93 million people are killed by guns per day which he later corrected after several reporters called him out on it.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

HiMucker

Btw just as an outsider looking in Stew, bringing up gun control after a mass shooting is not political.  It's called common f**king sense!

screenexile

Quote from: HiMucker on June 16, 2017, 11:15:00 PM
Btw just as an outsider looking in Stew, bringing up gun control after a mass shooting is not political.  It's called common f**king sense!

;D

The right wouldn't be the best with the aul common sense now!!

J70

Yes, you hear this canard EVERY time some mass or otherwise high-profile shooting happens.

It basically amounts to "I don't want to talk about this right now because, you know, it might be in people's minds that maybe gun control might NOT be a bad thing and that is just awkward for me".

It's amazing how you never hear "now is not the time to discuss this" when a Muslim terrorist act or a plane crash or something happens. It's only when the discussion of the causes and remedies might make bring the beliefs of the right wing into public question.

And of course the GOP congressman who lamented the fact that the Capitol cops didn't have higher power weapons on them was NOT accused of politicizing the issue.

J70

And stew, if no one wants families ripped apart, why not extend the DAMA act to the parents of Dreamer kids? Because they are still being targeted, along with all the other splitting of families which has sped up due to Trump going after people with minor, non-violent, infractions who had been allowed to stay, albeit subject to monitoring, under Obama.

stew

It is political, of course it is political, that does not make it wrong.

As for common sense, the USA has none when it comes to the subject of guns, on either side of the argument.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

HiMucker

Quote from: stew on June 18, 2017, 06:14:19 PM

It is political, of course it is political, that does not make it wrong.

As for common sense, the USA has none when it comes to the subject of guns, on either side of the argument.
Right so your point on a democrat politican calling out for tighter controls in the aftermath of this shooting was what then?