The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on February 02, 2017, 12:17:32 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 02, 2017, 12:00:20 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 01, 2017, 11:16:56 PM
Good to see Canada bitch slap that bastion of Conservative shite wing media Fox News for making up the nonsense that it was a Muslim who attacked the mosque in Quebec!!

And here we were all led to believe it was only CNN who pulled this kind of stunt!!

Funny how we didn't hear Whitey calling for anybody to be sacked this time, eh?

Even though Fox didn't bother correcting their mistake and it needed the Canadian PM to intervene.

Fox is the "fair and balanced" network, though, of course. ;)

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2017, 04:54:32 PM

Doesn't matter that it was retracted....it was put out and tweeted and retweeted the world over within minutes. Your making the assumption that everyone who read the original story read the retraction....I can guarantee you they didnt.  There was a case study where a Trump supporter made some outlandish claim and that outlandish claim was retweeted 15,000 times.  The "correction" was retweeted something like 150 times

That "reporter" for Time magazine should have been fired on the spot

When have I ever defended Fox News?   

That person at Fox should have been fired too!

The mistakes weren't equivalent.

The Time reporter Zeke Miller corrected his mistake within minutes and tweeted numerous times that he had made a mistake, including a direct tweet to Sean Spicer, who accepted his apology, before launching into a Trump-ordered tirade against him the following day. Time Magazine also aplogised.

Fox left their erroneous tweet up for well over a day despite it becoming viral within a couple of hours and being bombarded with calls to take it down.

The subject matters of the erroneous tweets also weren't remotely equivalent.

Miller's mistake was in erroneously reporting the non-presence of a statue, Fox's tweet erroneously branded an entirely innocent bystander as the prime suspect in a terrorist atrocity.

sid waddell

Quote from: foxcommander on February 01, 2017, 10:07:47 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 01, 2017, 07:50:14 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on February 01, 2017, 06:40:45 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 01, 2017, 06:30:47 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on February 01, 2017, 05:09:32 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 01, 2017, 02:05:05 PM
The similarities with Germany 1933 are frightening.
Yet we have some people here glorying in the appointment of that vile evil c**t as President.
Hopefully his downfall won't cost 50 or 70 million lives.
Get a grip.

That's it. Winner of the debate. Such a well-argued case, sources and citations and all. Irrefutable logic. Give that man a medal.

You're the one buying into the likes of Rossfanny's hysteria. 50 or 70 million lives will be lost? You got evidence of this?

I believe the statement was "Hopefully his downfall won't cost 50 or 70 million lives."

"Hopefully it won't" isn't quite the same as saying "it will" now, is it?

Rossfanny is making dangerous claims there is a potential for loss of life. His words. You hysterical drama queens should take a break from watching CNN. It can't be good for you.

How interesting that you consider a post about US politics on an Irish internet forum to be more dangerous than the President of the United States publicly stating he believes that torture works!

As you might say yourself, get a grip!

sid waddell

If you're white, terrorise away...

Exclusive: Trump to focus counter-extremism program solely on Islam - sources

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-extremists-program-exclusiv-idUSKBN15G5VO

The program, "Countering Violent Extremism," or CVE, would be changed to "Countering Islamic Extremism" or "Countering Radical Islamic Extremism," the sources said, and would no longer target groups such as white supremacists who have also carried out bombings and shootings in the United States.

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on February 02, 2017, 12:34:20 AM
Quote from: whitey on February 02, 2017, 12:17:32 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 02, 2017, 12:00:20 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 01, 2017, 11:16:56 PM
Good to see Canada bitch slap that bastion of Conservative shite wing media Fox News for making up the nonsense that it was a Muslim who attacked the mosque in Quebec!!

And here we were all led to believe it was only CNN who pulled this kind of stunt!!

Funny how we didn't hear Whitey calling for anybody to be sacked this time, eh?

Even though Fox didn't bother correcting their mistake and it needed the Canadian PM to intervene.

Fox is the "fair and balanced" network, though, of course. ;)

Quote from: whitey on January 24, 2017, 04:54:32 PM

Doesn't matter that it was retracted....it was put out and tweeted and retweeted the world over within minutes. Your making the assumption that everyone who read the original story read the retraction....I can guarantee you they didnt.  There was a case study where a Trump supporter made some outlandish claim and that outlandish claim was retweeted 15,000 times.  The "correction" was retweeted something like 150 times

That "reporter" for Time magazine should have been fired on the spot

When have I ever defended Fox News?   

That person at Fox should have been fired too!

The mistakes weren't equivalent.

The Time reporter Zeke Miller corrected his mistake within minutes and tweeted numerous times that he had made a mistake, including a direct tweet to Sean Spicer, who accepted his apology, before launching into a Trump-ordered tirade against him the following day. Time Magazine also aplogised.

Fox left their erroneous tweet up for well over a day despite it becoming viral within a couple of hours and being bombarded with calls to take it down.

The subject matters of the erroneous tweets also weren't remotely equivalent.

Miller's mistake was in erroneously reporting the non-presence of a statue, Fox's tweet erroneously branded an entirely innocent bystander as the prime suspect in a terrorist atrocity.

Miller told the entire African American community that Trump had $hit on them within hours of him taking office....that's pretty fvcked up!

seafoid

Bookworm ‏@JovialLibrarian  30 janv.

"Battery Park" protester's sign:
Super
Callous
Fragile
Racist
Sexist
Nazi
Potus

Gmac

scum out in force in Berkeley tonight , remind me who the intolerant fascists are again

Declan

Good to see the new Supreme Court nominee has a sense of humour  ??? ???

Trump's Supreme Court pick Gorsuch was the "tireless" president of his elite school's Fascism Forever club

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 02, 2017, 12:33:58 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on February 01, 2017, 10:07:47 PM
Rossfanny is making dangerous claims there is a potential for loss of life. His words. You hysterical drama queens should take a break from watching CNN. It can't be good for you.

The death toll from the Bush presidency is probably over a million by now. But keep pushing that "och it'll be all right" line if you want.

How many red because Obama didn't have the balls to set up a no fly  zone in Syria? How many died because the Russians did what they wanted to do. In Syria whilst America Sat on her hands while tens of thousands were slaughtered.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: Gmac on February 02, 2017, 04:32:51 AM
scum out in force in Berkeley tonight , remind me who the intolerant fascists are again
Poor Yiannopolis the snowflakeen

J70

Quote from: seafoid on February 02, 2017, 08:42:03 AM
Poor Yiannopolis the snowflakeen

He may be an odious individual, but that doesn't excuse rioting and destruction of property.

Peaceful demonstration and telling him what a dirtbag he is make the point without giving opposition a bad name and giving him fuel to act the martyr and gain sympathy.

Same goes for violence against that Spencer knob.

sid waddell

Funny how you had nothing to say when a Yiannopoulos supporter shot a peaceful protestor in the stomach in Seattle last week...

Remind me who the real fascists are again, won't you?  ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/25/shooting-milo-yiannopoulos-speech-seattle-charges

Rossfan

I hear vile evil fascist xenophobic homophobic misogynist c**t has shown his ignorance by hanging up on the Australian Premier because the latter wouldn't lick his arse.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stew

They deserve participation trophies, then have said trophies broken over their thick skulls the cowards.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on February 02, 2017, 12:03:29 PM

They deserve participation trophies, then have said trophies broken over their thick skulls the cowards.
He is a hate monger and rabble rouse.  NI had loads in the 70s

No wides

Quote from: seafoid on February 02, 2017, 01:59:14 PM
Quote from: stew on February 02, 2017, 12:03:29 PM

He is a hate monger and rabble rouse.  NI had loads in the 70s

He's very like you - just spews shite without thinking.  I doubt you know 5% of what you post here.