The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Trump is still learning the limits of presidential power. The clown hasn't a clue what he's doing. If he did he'd know that previous efforts to force the hand of local government with "gun to the head" threats to withdraw federal funding were thrown out of court as illegal.

whitey

We'll then I guess they have nothing to worry about.....

Those Mayors must have just held those meetings and press conferences because they had nothing better for doing. (And he CAN withhold funding)

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on January 27, 2017, 08:27:15 PM
(And he CAN withhold funding)

No he cannot. Unless he wants to declare that he doesn't recognize the authority of the courts. And I wouldn't put that past him.

sid waddell

Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 07:03:01 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 06:29:59 PM

2. What has "pussyfooting around and upsetting liberals" got to do with anything? This is about pubic safety and having a section of the community not being afraid to engage with law enforcement.

Tell that to this poor woman's parents. Keep the sanctuary cities to save the likes of him? People like yourself J70 may have good intentions but you get the piss ripped out of you for doing so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Kathryn_Steinle

Legal immigrants commit crime in the USA.

Tourists commit crime in the USA.

Going by your logic, all legal immigration and all tourism in the USA should be stopped immediately, because it increases the absolute number of crimes committed there.

J70

We'll then I guess they have nothing to worry about.....

Those Mayors must have just held those meetings and press conferences because they had nothing better for doing. (And he CAN withhold funding)

I don't doubt for a second he will try and they will see him in court.

stew

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 08:24:15 PM
Quote from: stew on January 27, 2017, 08:06:37 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 27, 2017, 06:43:33 PM
Most people in the United States are descended from illegal immigrants.
The Indigenous inhabitants never gave them permission to invade and steal most of their land.

That does not work, not at all.

Given that the USA is a nation and that the local people live within their own nations and have accepted the United States, you should live sitting the laws of the United States, you are simply trying and failing to justify illegal aliens living,in a country that they have no right to do so!

I hope Trump hammers sanctuary cities as promised, if the arseholes that run them break the law they should go to jail, simple as that.

I do not want 11 million people to get deported, I do want them to apply for and get permanent status as long as they have behaved themselves, I then want not one more illegal alien ever to enter the country, but that's just me!

Break WHAT law? Cities don't enforce immigration laws. The Feds do.

And how is Trump going to hammer them?

Obama tried to pull Medicaid funding a few years back for states that refused to expand Medicaid under Obamacare. It was found unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. How is this any different?

The law will be changed at the federal level, wait and see if it's not, when it is changed those who refuse to enforce it will be locked up.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on January 27, 2017, 08:19:20 PM
The Indigenous inhabitants never gave them permission to invade and steal most of their land.

Given that the USA is a nation and that the local people live within their own nations and have accepted the United States, you should live sitting the laws of the United States, you are simply trying and failing to justify illegal aliens living,in a country that they have no right to do so!

I hope Trump hammers sanctuary cities as promised, if the arseholes that run them break the law they should go to jail, simple as that.

I do not want 11 million people to get deported, I do want them to apply for and get permanent status as long as they have behaved themselves, I then want not one more illegal alien ever to enter the country, but that's just me!
Some of the lads on the board are probably illegal, Sttew

I know they are, what has that got to do with anything? They shouldn't be there in my opinion, my two siblings should not have been there, just because you have loved ones doing it does not make it right in my opinion.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 27, 2017, 07:06:07 PM
Would there be any point in mentioning the fact that undocumented immigrants are LESS likely to commit crimes because they prefer to keep their heads down and out of the way of any trouble? Or has fox and co joined the Donald over there in the parallel universe where facts and truth are no longer relevant?

What part of illegal immigrants don't you get??
They are in a country they had no right to be in, there's a fact for you!

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 27, 2017, 08:33:00 PM
(And he CAN withhold funding)

No he cannot. Unless he wants to declare that he doesn't recognize the authority of the courts. And I wouldn't put that past him.

They have nothing to worry about then....they should just ignore him

No wides

Quote from: stew on January 27, 2017, 08:57:39 PM
Would there be any point in mentioning the fact that undocumented immigrants are LESS likely to commit crimes because they prefer to keep their heads down and out of the way of any trouble? Or has fox and co joined the Donald over there in the parallel universe where facts and truth are no longer relevant?

What part of illegal immigrants don't you get??
They are in a country they had no right to be in, there's a fact for you!

Or do what they want without repercussion as they don't exist on any database.

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 27, 2017, 08:22:22 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 07:22:13 PM

They've already committed a crime by being in the country illegally. Or is that not a crime in your parallel universe Eamon?

Read my lips, you intellectually challenged conservative. Undocumented immigrants are LESS likely to commit crime. (Okay, "crime other than entering the country illegally. There. Happy now? Jesus Christ.) Less is the opposite of more. Am I getting through the force field or should I try again?

Oh so they HAVE committed a crime. You call me intellectually challenged?
Rather than LESS crime there would be 0 crimes if they weren't in the country. Which one is better? Let's see how clever you are.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Quote from: stew on January 27, 2017, 08:54:04 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 27, 2017, 08:19:20 PM

Some of the lads on the board are probably illegal, Sttew

I know they are, what has that got to do with anything? They shouldn't be there in my opinion, my two siblings should not have been there, just because you have loved ones doing it does not make it right in my opinion.

We probably all know people who have done it. I don't think it's right, same in any country including Ireland. If you have no legal right to be somewhere then should be turfed out. People who decide not to play by the rules screw it up for those who do and it leads to general lawlessness.

I bet you're one of those lads who parks his car (Toyota Prius) over 2 spots eamon ;)

sid waddell

Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 09:36:33 PM

They've already committed a crime by being in the country illegally. Or is that not a crime in your parallel universe Eamon?

Read my lips, you intellectually challenged conservative. Undocumented immigrants are LESS likely to commit crime. (Okay, "crime other than entering the country illegally. There. Happy now? Jesus Christ.) Less is the opposite of more. Am I getting through the force field or should I try again?

Rather than LESS crime there would be 0 crimes if they weren't in the country. Which one is better? Let's see how clever you are.

There would be 0 crimes if illegal immigrants weren't in the country?

Really?  ;D

Who knew that illegal immigrants committed 100% of all crimes?  ;D

Eamonnca1

LOL! ALL of the crime in the country is being committed by undocumented! HAHAHAHA!! That's a good one! You people have well and truly lost it. No wonder you elected the tangerine tweeter-in-chief!

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 27, 2017, 09:51:39 PM

LOL! ALL of the crime in the country is being committed by undocumented! HAHAHAHA!! That's a good one! You people have well and truly lost it. No wonder you elected the tangerine tweeter-in-chief!

Did I say all crimes? 0 crimes committed by illegal immigrants if they weren't in the country in the first place.
There's still plenty of other groups you love that like to do a bit of looting and shooting from time to time ;)