The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

J70.....Democrats again have brought this on themselves

By NOT turning over violent repeat offenders to ICE, they have put Political Correctness above the safety and security of their own citizens. 

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 05:55:50 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 05:44:05 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 05:31:57 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 05:29:11 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 04:47:38 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 04:40:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 04:26:54 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 04:21:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 04:10:43 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 04:04:43 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 03:51:06 PM

Foxcommander is juicing himself at the thought that finally the "USA is going to get justice with President Trump leading the charge", with the deportation of illegals part of the apparent abrupt change in policy.

You're not wrong there. Taking America back for it's legal citizens. Taking criminals off the streets. Passing Kate's Law to stop illegals returning. Abolishing sanctuary cities.
For some mental reason Democrats are opposed to this?

The Prez is doing a bang up job so far with his executive orders. Batting it out of the park.

So lets say sanctuary city policies are abolished (again, quite how Trump or Congress can dictate what is a local/state issue, you'll have to explain).

What do you think that is going to do for people in immigrant communities?

Do you think they'll go to the cops with their problems when they know they run the risk of being handed over to the feds for deportation? Do you think they'll report crime? Report threats to their kids and neighbourhoods?

What do you think that is going to do for the criminal investigation abilities of the authorities?

If they are legal why wouldn't they go to the authorities? Not sure of your reasoning here.

Seriously??

All right, I'll play along.

What are sanctuary cities and why do they need to be abolished?
I'll play along too

A sanctuary city is a city that has adopted a policy of protecting undocumented immigrants by not prosecuting them for violating federal immigration laws in the country in which they are now living illegally. i.e. Harbouring illegals and criminals.

What part of illegal don't you get?

Ok, so now that you can stop playing ignorant, please respond to my previous post about the reporting and investigation of crimes in the neighbourhoods where illegals live.

You said immigrant communities - not illegal immigrant communities. I'm able to make a distinction, you in your blind rage can not.

I see you making a case for justice to be served in the thread about the drink driver but on this thread you advocate lawbreaking by illegal immigrants.

The hypocrisy!

I said "Do you think they'll go to the cops with their problems when they know they run the risk of being handed over to the feds for deportation? "

Why the hell would I mention them being handed over for deportation if they were NOT illegal? The whole issue of sanctuary cities and the reason for their existence concerns illegal immigrants.

Now, are you going to address the point or are you going to continue dancing around and stalling?

How about reading over what you write before posting then. You mentioned immigrants (not illegal immigrants). Not my job to fill in the blanks for you.

I answered your question already - there should be no safe haven for illegals. Arrest and deport. I can't be any clearer.

Sorry, I figured you were smart enough to understand that a discussion of sanctuary city issues, by definition, concerns illegal immigrants, even if one didn't speak about "fear of deportation".

I'll not make such a mistake again.

That aside, so you're saying "f**k the illegals, its not my problem if they're afraid of the police and DA."

One would assume that you're happy that (a) crime will go unreported; (b) police and DAs will not receive any cooperation from witnesses who are illegal; (c) criminals who are illegal will have less to fear from their neighbours because they know they won't talk or go to the police out of fear of being deported; (d) children of illegals will live in less safe homes and communities; (e) everyone around will live in less safe homes and communities because these illegal criminals have less chance of being caught or convicted and deported themselves without the cooperation of their communities.

The problem of illegals shouldn't exist in the first place. Isn't that what laws are for?
Instead now you think the authorities have to pussyfoot around as not to upset liberals.
President Trump hopefully can sort it out.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 27, 2017, 06:11:38 PM
J70.....Democrats again have brought this on themselves

By NOT turning over violent repeat offenders to ICE, they have put Political Correctness above the safety and security of their own citizens.

Different argument.

But assuming that is true and some politicians and/or cities take it too far, does that negate the rationale behind having them in the first place?

Because surely you can have sanctuary city policies and still hand over convicts for deportation at the end of their sentence?

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 06:20:00 PM

Foxcommander is juicing himself at the thought that finally the "USA is going to get justice with President Trump leading the charge", with the deportation of illegals part of the apparent abrupt change in policy.

You're not wrong there. Taking America back for it's legal citizens. Taking criminals off the streets. Passing Kate's Law to stop illegals returning. Abolishing sanctuary cities.

The Prez is doing a bang up job so far with his executive orders. Batting it out of the park.

So lets say sanctuary city policies are abolished (again, quite how Trump or Congress can dictate what is a local/state issue, you'll have to explain).

Do you think they'll go to the cops with their problems when they know they run the risk of being handed over to the feds for deportation? Do you think they'll report crime? Report threats to their kids and neighbourhoods?

What do you think that is going to do for the criminal investigation abilities of the authorities?

If they are legal why wouldn't they go to the authorities? Not sure of your reasoning here.

Seriously??

I'll play along too

A sanctuary city is a city that has adopted a policy of protecting undocumented immigrants by not prosecuting them for violating federal immigration laws in the country in which they are now living illegally. i.e. Harbouring illegals and criminals.

Ok, so now that you can stop playing ignorant, please respond to my previous post about the reporting and investigation of crimes in the neighbourhoods where illegals live.

You said immigrant communities - not illegal immigrant communities. I'm able to make a distinction, you in your blind rage can not.

I see you making a case for justice to be served in the thread about the drink driver but on this thread you advocate lawbreaking by illegal immigrants.

The hypocrisy!

I said "Do you think they'll go to the cops with their problems when they know they run the risk of being handed over to the feds for deportation? "

Why the hell would I mention them being handed over for deportation if they were NOT illegal? The whole issue of sanctuary cities and the reason for their existence concerns illegal immigrants.

Now, are you going to address the point or are you going to continue dancing around and stalling?

How about reading over what you write before posting then. You mentioned immigrants (not illegal immigrants). Not my job to fill in the blanks for you.

I answered your question already - there should be no safe haven for illegals. Arrest and deport. I can't be any clearer.

Sorry, I figured you were smart enough to understand that a discussion of sanctuary city issues, by definition, concerns illegal immigrants, even if one didn't speak about "fear of deportation".

That aside, so you're saying "f**k the illegals, its not my problem if they're afraid of the police and DA."

One would assume that you're happy that (a) crime will go unreported; (b) police and DAs will not receive any cooperation from witnesses who are illegal; (c) criminals who are illegal will have less to fear from their neighbours because they know they won't talk or go to the police out of fear of being deported; (d) children of illegals will live in less safe homes and communities; (e) everyone around will live in less safe homes and communities because these illegal criminals have less chance of being caught or convicted and deported themselves without the cooperation of their communities.

The problem of illegals shouldn't exist in the first place. Isn't that what laws are for?
Instead now you think the authorities have to pussyfoot around as not to upset liberals.

1. Illegal immigration will always exist. Half of them enter the country legally and overstay their visas. Short of forming a massive federal police force to go around checking everyone's papers and chasing every last person who hasn't left when they're supposed to, there's not much that can be done. Saying it shouldn't exist is fine, but of absolutely no use in reality. No more than having laws against speeding means that the problem of people driving too fast will cease to exist. There's only so much law enforcement a community/government can do in a free democracy.
2. What has "pussyfooting around and upsetting liberals" got to do with anything? This is about pubic safety and having a section of the community not being afraid to engage with law enforcement.
3. He'll try to pull federal funds, the cities will tell him to go f**k himself, and it will end up in court for years.

No wides

Quote from: J70 on January 27, 2017, 06:29:59 PM

Seriously??

I'll play along too

The hypocrisy!

1. Illegal immigration will always exist. Half of them enter the country legally and overstay their visas. Short of forming a massive federal police force to go around checking everyone's papers and chasing every last person who hasn't left when they're supposed to, there's not much that can be done. Saying it shouldn't exist is fine, but of absolutely no use in reality. No more than having laws against speeding means that the problem of people driving too fast will cease to exist. There's only so much law enforcement a community/government can do in a free democracy.
2. What has "pussyfooting around and upsetting liberals" got to do with anything? This is about pubic safety and having a section of the community not being afraid to engage with law enforcement.
3. He'll try to pull federal funds, the cities will tell him to go f**k himself, and it will end up in court for years.

What about public safety for the legitimate citizens?  If they are illegal kick them to f**k out.

Rossfan

Most people in the United States are descended from illegal immigrants.
The Indigenous inhabitants never gave them permission to invade and steal most of their land.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Quote from: No wides on January 27, 2017, 06:37:14 PM

Seriously??

I'll play along too

The hypocrisy!

What about public safety for the legitimate citizens?  If they are illegal kick them to f**k out.

You don't think the public safety of citizens and legal immigrants is also served by encouraging illegals to report crime and cooperate with the authorities as witnesses without fear of deportation?

foxcommander

Tell that to this poor woman's parents. Keep the sanctuary cities to save the likes of him? People like yourself J70 may have good intentions but you get the piss ripped out of you for doing so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Kathryn_Steinle

Eamonnca1

Would there be any point in mentioning the fact that undocumented immigrants are LESS likely to commit crimes because they prefer to keep their heads down and out of the way of any trouble? Or has fox and co joined the Donald over there in the parallel universe where facts and truth are no longer relevant?

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 27, 2017, 07:06:07 PM
Would there be any point in mentioning the fact that undocumented immigrants are LESS likely to commit crimes because they prefer to keep their heads down and out of the way of any trouble? Or has fox and co joined the Donald over there in the parallel universe where facts and truth are no longer relevant?

They've already committed a crime by being in the country illegally. Or is that not a crime in your parallel universe Eamon?

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 07:03:01 PM

Tell that to this poor woman's parents. Keep the sanctuary cities to save the likes of him? People like yourself J70 may have good intentions but you get the piss ripped out of you for doing so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Kathryn_Steinle

1. I have no problem with something like that Kate's Law which would prescribe prison sentences for convicted felons who return after being deported.

2. This case doesn't prove anything beyond that maybe San Francisco have taken it too far in not cooperating with a standing request to hold someone for deportation. Its certainly not an indictment of the entire concept of sanctuary cities. Encouraging engagement of illegals with the police and legal authorities is one thing; refusing to cooperate with the feds in deporting a known felon who is in custody and who has been deported multiple times is completely different.

stew

Quote from: Rossfan on January 27, 2017, 06:43:33 PM
The Indigenous inhabitants never gave them permission to invade and steal most of their land.

That does not work, not at all.

Given that the USA is a nation and that the local people live within their own nations and have accepted the United States, you should live sitting the laws of the United States, you are simply trying and failing to justify illegal aliens living,in a country that they have no right to do so!

I hope Trump hammers sanctuary cities as promised, if the arseholes that run them break the law they should go to jail, simple as that.

I do not want 11 million people to get deported, I do want them to apply for and get permanent status as long as they have behaved themselves, I then want not one more illegal alien ever to enter the country, but that's just me!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on January 27, 2017, 08:06:37 PM

Given that the USA is a nation and that the local people live within their own nations and have accepted the United States, you should live sitting the laws of the United States, you are simply trying and failing to justify illegal aliens living,in a country that they have no right to do so!

I hope Trump hammers sanctuary cities as promised, if the arseholes that run them break the law they should go to jail, simple as that.

I do not want 11 million people to get deported, I do want them to apply for and get permanent status as long as they have behaved themselves, I then want not one more illegal alien ever to enter the country, but that's just me!
Some of the lads on the board are probably illegal, Sttew

Eamonnca1

Quote from: foxcommander on January 27, 2017, 07:22:13 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 27, 2017, 07:06:07 PM

They've already committed a crime by being in the country illegally. Or is that not a crime in your parallel universe Eamon?

Read my lips, you intellectually challenged conservative. Undocumented immigrants are LESS likely to commit crime. (Okay, "crime other than entering the country illegally. There. Happy now? Jesus Christ.) Less is the opposite of more. Am I getting through the force field or should I try again?

J70

Quote from: stew on January 27, 2017, 08:06:37 PM

Break WHAT law? Cities don't enforce immigration laws. The Feds do.

And how is Trump going to hammer them?

Obama tried to pull Medicaid funding a few years back for states that refused to expand Medicaid under Obamacare. It was found unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. How is this any different?