The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

This arguing over the crowd size, when people can see the photos, is ridiculous and reflects poorly on the regime already.

Quote from: foxcommander on January 22, 2017, 09:09:39 PM
Can someone remind the democrats that they lost the election. From the bits I've seen of these protest marches they appear to be very confused or in some cases clueless about why they are actually there. It's truly embarrassing hearing them talk.

Well they lost the Electoral College anyway. Presumably they are there to oppose a bollix.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 08:12:03 PM
Quote from: heganboy on January 22, 2017, 03:47:54 PM
Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 02:23:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2017, 07:49:17 AM
Seamus,  I really wanna hear your answer. How you're planning to fund public services etc..

Obviously you did not watch the video, you would not have asked that stupid question if you did. The IRS does NOT fund public services etc.

What country do you live in? If in the US, do you own a home, drive a car, pay sales tax, maybe own a business with all it's regulations and red tape etc, etc etc.?

That video is only the first step in your education. There are plenty of other sources. You took heganboy's nonsense as fact and didn't bother watching. You should learn to think for yourself.

Tell me about this education.
A bond is an IOU? Genius

A store is a way of exploiting farmers Taking their hard work and time and charging more for it to make themselves money. And as for hauliers. They aren't making anything or even selling anything, and making themselves rich!

Manufacturing plants. Disgraceful. Taking miners hard graft and all the hard working folk that produce raw materials and exploiting that producing goods that people can't usually make themselves. And charging money for it to make profit. Educate yourselves people. Take the first step.

Try idiot's guide to economics
Or economics for dummies.

So genius, tell me the role of The Federal Reserve.
Sé as far as I'm aware Heganboy works in the financial services industry in the US so forgive us if we pay attention to what he has to say on the matter over someone like yourself.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on January 22, 2017, 09:18:57 PM
This arguing over the crowd size, when people can see the photos, is ridiculous and reflects poorly on the regime already.

Can someone remind the democrats that they lost the election. From the bits I've seen of these protest marches they appear to be very confused or in some cases clueless about why they are actually there. It's truly embarrassing hearing them talk.

Well they lost the Electoral College anyway. Presumably they are there to oppose a bollix.
Spicer was pathetic
http://www.independent.ie/videos/world-news/watch-this-was-the-largest-audience-to-ever-witness-an-inauguration-period-white-house-press-secretary-35387946.html#play

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/22/sean-spicer-inauguration-groucho-marxist-asking-us-not-believe-our-own-eyes

As Evan McMullin, the conservative who ran against Trump as an independent, put it, these repeated attacks on the press are "intended to destroy the media's ability to hold him accountable".

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on January 22, 2017, 04:43:03 PM
Conway this morning defended Spicer, saying he was presenting "alternative facts" and there is no way to really know how the crowds compared to Obama's!

Orwell comes to mind: "The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2017/jan/22/kellyanne-conway-trump-press-secretary-alternative-facts-video

sid waddell

Much as US foreign policy since World War II has always relied on an imagined "other" bogey man to drum up support behind it, Trump requires an "evil" bogey figure to drum up support for him, because his popularity is mobilised in the main by hatred.

Before he entered politics, it was the blacks.
When he first ran for president, it was the Mexicans.
Then it was the Muslims.
Then it was the entirely straw man concept of "political correctness".
Then it was "Wall Street" (even though he's now boasting of his ties to them and how he's great for them).
Then it was the Jews.
Then it was the "Republican establishment".
Then it was the media.
Then it was "the hoax of global warming".
Then it was the Chinese.
Then it was Gonzalo Curiel.
Then it was the Khans.
Then it was Alicia Machado.
Then it was the electoral system.
Then it was Hillary Clinton.
Then it was Bill Clinton.
Then it was Saturday Night Live.
Then it was Obama.
Then it was his own intelligence services.
Now, running out of bogey figures to vilify, it's the media again.

Invoking hatred against an "other" has been the one common theme of not just his political career, but of his life.

The classic fascist tactic, above all.

It's pretty much the only thing he has.

seafoid

He is a clown. It is going to be a car crash . I wonder how long the GOP will.play along for.

heganboy

Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 08:12:03 PM
Quote from: heganboy on January 22, 2017, 03:47:54 PM
Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 02:23:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2017, 07:49:17 AM
Seamus,  I really wanna hear your answer. How you're planning to fund public services etc..

Obviously you did not watch the video, you would not have asked that stupid question if you did. The IRS does NOT fund public services etc.

What country do you live in? If in the US, do you own a home, drive a car, pay sales tax, maybe own a business with all it's regulations and red tape etc, etc etc.?

That video is only the first step in your education. There are plenty of other sources. You took heganboy's nonsense as fact and didn't bother watching. You should learn to think for yourself.

Tell me about this education.
A bond is an IOU? Genius

A store is a way of exploiting farmers Taking their hard work and time and charging more for it to make themselves money. And as for hauliers. They aren't making anything or even selling anything, and making themselves rich!

Manufacturing plants. Disgraceful. Taking miners hard graft and all the hard working folk that produce raw materials and exploiting that producing goods that people can't usually make themselves. And charging money for it to make profit. Educate yourselves people. Take the first step.

Try idiot's guide to economics
Or economics for dummies.

So genius, tell me the role of The Federal Reserve.

I see you love your wee videos.
This one was really hard to find.
https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/about_12594.htm

Couple of things that you may need to get your head around here. Clearing, depository trusts, LIBOR, yield curves, volatility surfaces, value at risk. Basel III or Mifid 2,
If those seem painful, might I suggest you watch it's a wonderful life. The idea of a run in a bank could help you.

Just because you can take a band-aid off doesn't mean you are qualified for brain surgery.
The global financial system is becoming more, not less complex. The Fed sets the monetary policy in the United States, still the worlds biggest economy. It directly sets the tone for Fixed Income Currency and Commodity (FICC) trading in the lit economy. And mostly the grey and black markets too.
Price stability and interest rates, borrowing costs for the non rich.

Everything you know about the value of anything in the future and the concept of the net present value of any future income you might have.
Say youre a farmer and your harvest comes in Late summer and you need to borrow for the fertilizer now or the tractor needs repaired. Then you borrow money. Rates set are dependent on the Fed.

Does this help you any, or do you really know why there's a fed, but just not get it, and want to abolish it?

Tell me about your plan.
You'll forgive me for not calling you genius
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: sid waddell on January 22, 2017, 11:10:44 PM
Much as US foreign policy since World War II has always relied on an imagined "other" bogey man to drum up support behind it, Trump requires an "evil" bogey figure to drum up support for him, because his popularity is mobilised in the main by hatred.

Before he entered politics, it was the blacks.
When he first ran for president, it was the Mexicans.
Then it was the Muslims.
Then it was the entirely straw man concept of "political correctness".
Then it was "Wall Street" (even though he's now boasting of his ties to them and how he's great for them).
Then it was the Jews.
Then it was the "Republican establishment".
Then it was the media.
Then it was "the hoax of global warming".
Then it was the Chinese.
Then it was Gonzalo Curiel.
Then it was the Khans.
Then it was Alicia Machado.
Then it was the electoral system.
Then it was Hillary Clinton.
Then it was Bill Clinton.
Then it was Saturday Night Live.
Then it was Obama.
Then it was his own intelligence services.
Now, running out of bogey figures to vilify, it's the media again.

Invoking hatred against an "other" has been the one common theme of not just his political career, but of his life.

The classic fascist tactic, above all.

It's pretty much the only thing he has.

but Hilary...
Hasta la victoria siempre

seafoid

Spicer and Conway are taking orders from Bannon.

LeoMc

Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2017, 07:48:10 AM
What are Bannons / Breitbarts position on Israel?

foxcommander

Quote from: armaghniac on January 22, 2017, 09:18:57 PM

Or prove the place has gone totally bananas. This is a top notch insane rant at the rally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXSN-HHowhc

Calling michelle Obama and Hillary nasty.....lol
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

AZOffaly

Celebrities need to concentrate on acting and singing.

seafoid

Quote from: LeoMc on January 23, 2017, 11:15:03 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 23, 2017, 07:48:10 AM
What are Bannons / Breitbarts position on Israel?
Pro settler , anti liberal Jews
I.think Bannon would like them all to.go to Israel.