The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Seamus on January 22, 2017, 02:23:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2017, 07:49:17 AM
Seamus,  I really wanna hear your answer. How you're planning to fund public services etc..

Obviously you did not watch the video, you would not have asked that stupid question if you did. The IRS does NOT fund public services etc.

What country do you live in? If in the US, do you own a home, drive a car, pay sales tax, maybe own a business with all it's regulations and red tape etc, etc etc.?

That video is only the first step in your education. There are plenty of other sources. You took heganboy's nonsense as fact and didn't bother watching. You should learn to think for yourself.

J70

Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2017, 03:12:30 PM
Seamus,  I really wanna hear your answer. How you're planning to fund public services etc..

Obviously you did not watch the video, you would not have asked that stupid question if you did. The IRS does NOT fund public services etc.

What country do you live in? If in the US, do you own a home, drive a car, pay sales tax, maybe own a business with all it's regulations and red tape etc, etc etc.?

That video is only the first step in your education. There are plenty of other sources. You took heganboy's nonsense as fact and didn't bother watching. You should learn to think for yourself.
Jesus, what do they do with money collected then?

I predict you'll be referred to yet another video or obscure website rather than getting a straight answer to your question.

J70

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 22, 2017, 12:34:54 PM
The Trump don't seem to be enjoying power too much.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/media/sean-spicer-press-secretary-statement/dd

Bold media outlets were editing coverage of inauguration so that it seemed there wasn't as many people there as there was.  And they called the "Liberals" whiners.

Oh no. just saw that it was a CNN story.

Doubling down on conspiracy theorism from Day One.

If there's news out there they don't like, no matter how minor or petty or inconsequential, claim the media are falsifying it. Its been the modus operandi of the right when it comes to issues like science for years. Trump is just extending it across the board and counting on the carefully cultivated distrust of the "mainstream" media amongst their followers to support and validate it. Expect plenty more of this, especially when scandals and conflicts of interest are brought to light.

heganboy

Tell me about this education.
A bond is an IOU? Genius

A store is a way of exploiting farmers Taking their hard work and time and charging more for it to make themselves money. And as for hauliers. They aren't making anything or even selling anything, and making themselves rich!

Manufacturing plants. Disgraceful. Taking miners hard graft and all the hard working folk that produce raw materials and exploiting that producing goods that people can't usually make themselves. And charging money for it to make profit. Educate yourselves people. Take the first step.

Try idiot's guide to economics
Or economics for dummies.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on January 22, 2017, 03:40:00 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on January 22, 2017, 12:34:54 PM
The Trump don't seem to be enjoying power too much.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/21/media/sean-spicer-press-secretary-statement/dd

Bold media outlets were editing coverage of inauguration so that it seemed there wasn't as many people there as there was.  And they called the "Liberals" whiners.

Oh no. just saw that it was a CNN story.

Doubling down on conspiracy theorism from Day One.

If there's news out there they don't like, no matter how minor or petty or inconsequential, claim the media are falsifying it. Its been the modus operandi of the right when it comes to issues like science for years. Trump is just extending it across the board and counting on the carefully cultivated distrust of the "mainstream" media amongst their followers to support and validate it. Expect plenty more of this, especially when scandals and conflicts of interest are brought to light.
Trumpo is going to manipulate the news but he has generated huge expectations amongst working class people and will not change the system that is shafting them. So his honeymoon period will be quite short.

This is about the UK but it's also about Trump voters. Trump promised to address their anger and he won't. His cabinet is full of billionaires.

"The main problem of brexit is that it will fire the last remaining bullet, before the anger of the working class starts to turn inwards. Whatever happens after brexit, it will not solve most of the problems that convinced the white labour voters to support brexit (let's be honest - UKIP and Conservatives could not do it alone - it was the ex-labur working class voter class who pushed the brexit vote over the 50% margin).-The NHS will still be f'd up (and forget about those 350m GBP a week)-Zero-hour contracts are here to stay (they are exclusively UK's invention, nothing to do with EU) etc.However, the EU boogeyman will be gone. And all political excuses with it. So the next time the angry voters determine that they want changes, all their anger will be projected inwards. And God help UK politicians then."

J70

Conway this morning defended Spicer, saying he was presenting "alternative facts" and there is no way to really know how the crowds compared to Obama's!

Orwell comes to mind: "The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."

maigheo

Watching Conway this morning and  she has to have aged by about 30 years in a year.She is very good at her job of defending and spinning blatant lies but I am not sure how long she can keep this up as her life has got to be so stressful defending this clown hour after hour.

J70

Herd Priebus being interviewed by Chris Wallace, and it was much the same. With respect to Trump having a rant about the media while visiting the CIA, he refused to address the awkward fact that Trump had indeed very recently compared the leak of the story about the Russians having shit on him to something that would be done by the Nazis.

seafoid

seafoid

Quote from: maigheo on January 22, 2017, 05:00:32 PM
Watching Conway this morning and  she has to have aged by about 30 years in a year.She is very good at her job of defending and spinning blatant lies but I am not sure how long she can keep this up as her life has got to be so stressful defending this clown hour after hour.
She looked awful.
And she lies with a smile

Seamus

Quote from: J70 on January 22, 2017, 03:28:41 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 22, 2017, 03:12:30 PM

Jesus, what do they do with money collected then?

I predict you'll be referred to yet another video or obscure website rather than getting a straight answer to your question.

Paying back the interest to The Federal Reserve for currency created from thin air.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Seamus

Quote from: Hardy on January 22, 2017, 03:25:14 PM

Enter Inspector Clouseau

http://www.videodetective.com/movies/inspector-clouseau/224311

"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Seamus

Quote from: heganboy on January 22, 2017, 03:47:54 PM

Tell me about this education.
A bond is an IOU? Genius

A store is a way of exploiting farmers Taking their hard work and time and charging more for it to make themselves money. And as for hauliers. They aren't making anything or even selling anything, and making themselves rich!

Manufacturing plants. Disgraceful. Taking miners hard graft and all the hard working folk that produce raw materials and exploiting that producing goods that people can't usually make themselves. And charging money for it to make profit. Educate yourselves people. Take the first step.

Try idiot's guide to economics
Or economics for dummies.

So genius, tell me the role of The Federal Reserve.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on January 22, 2017, 04:43:03 PM
Conway this morning defended Spicer, saying he was presenting "alternative facts" and there is no way to really know how the crowds compared to Obama's!

Orwell comes to mind: "The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
Or Groucho Marx. Who do you want to believe? Me or your own eyes?

foxcommander

Can someone remind the democrats that they lost the election. From the bits I've seen of these protest marches they appear to be very confused or in some cases clueless about why they are actually there. It's truly embarrassing hearing them talk.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie