The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 25, 2016, 01:24:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 25, 2016, 11:45:28 AM
Quote from: whitey on November 24, 2016, 09:19:28 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on November 24, 2016, 09:16:03 PM
Are you happy with an out and out racist as chief advisor to the president?   If you are happy to accept warts an all for the sake that "He helped beat the democrats" then fair enough but don't be dressing it up bells and all!

Another thing, the majority of people commenting on, or reading this thread don't live in the states, but are constantly referred to or assumed to be liberals or democrats.  I actually think having blind loyalty to a political party like some football team is one of the strangest things.  Maybe just maybe people are concerned that extreme right wing rhetoric is becoming the norm for electioneering.

I'm not happy with any of it.....I just find it highly amusing that the Democrats are so outraged that the Republicans are using Democratic tactics on them.....and it's working

Seriously, what are you on about with this "nice, country club Republicans" horseshit?

Have you been asleep or not interested/paying attention over the past 25 years?

Over even the past eight?

You know I'm right....that's why it's driving you mad

Whitey, spare us the juvenile "outrage" bullshit and address the point. 

Over the past 15-20 years, we've had the GOP exploiting "patriotism" after 9-11, we've had the swiftboating of John Kerry, we've had birtherism, death panels, the witch hunts against Bill Clinton, the umpteen "investigations" into Benghazi and tonnes of other bare-knuckle, partisan, vacuous grandstanding, conspiracy theorizing/endorsing and "scandal" hyping.

So if the Dems are far worse, make the case.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 25, 2016, 02:58:43 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 25, 2016, 02:45:20 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 24, 2016, 09:27:05 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 24, 2016, 07:08:31 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 24, 2016, 06:51:34 PM
Yes....I did make that statement. And AFTER I made it, it came out that the maid was printing the classified emails, Chelsea paid for her wedding from Clinton Foundation Funds, 650000 emails were in Weiners laptop, DOJ officials were emailing John Podesta.....and a few other campaign detailing scandals I've since forgotten about

650,000 emails in Weniers laptop? What is the specific crime you are accusing Hillary of there?

Chelsea paid for her wedding...etc. What is the specific crime you are accusing Hillary of there?

DOJ officials emailing Podesta....What is the specific crime you are accusing Hillary of there?

Here are some specific accusations against Trump:

Sexual assault (Numerous - Case with Jill Harth settled out of court)
Massive fraud (settled out of court)
Marital Rape
Illegal use of his Charity Foundation
Racism (Allegations by Beuaty Pageant contestants, DOJ New York accused him and his father of racial housing discrimination, Trump Plaza fined $200,000 for 'keeping black employees always from a mafia Don's table', etc)
Intimidation of tenants in New York
Bankruptcy 4 times - which he still denies

DOJ official giving a "heads up" to Podesta from a personal email address.....that compromises and invalidates the entire email investigation (and the resultant decision not to charge her)

Emails....we've already discussed that......you obviously don't know anyone in the military if you think that's not a big deal

Chelsea wedding....Clinton Foundation is simply a scheme designed to enrich the Clintons as they sell access

As I guessed, you have no particular accusation that you can make against Hillary. Unlike Trump. That doesn't stop you from being completely outraged by Hillary and happy to keep turning a blind eye to the very, very obvious problem you have tread for yourselves.

It's the court of public opinion that counts, and Hillarys constant lying and dishonesty caught up with her and cost her the election (and the Supreme Court)

So you are saying that media hype and facebook and twitter memes count more than actual facts?

muppet

Yes....I did make that statement. And AFTER I made it, it came out that the maid was printing the classified emails, Chelsea paid for her wedding from Clinton Foundation Funds, 650000 emails were in Weiners laptop, DOJ officials were emailing John Podesta.....and a few other campaign detailing scandals I've since forgotten about

650,000 emails in Weniers laptop? What is the specific crime you are accusing Hillary of there?

Chelsea paid for her wedding...etc. What is the specific crime you are accusing Hillary of there?

DOJ officials emailing Podesta....What is the specific crime you are accusing Hillary of there?

Marital Rape
Racism (Allegations by Beuaty Pageant contestants, DOJ New York accused him and his father of racial housing discrimination, Trump Plaza fined $200,000 for 'keeping black employees always from a mafia Don's table', etc)

DOJ official giving a "heads up" to Podesta from a personal email address.....that compromises and invalidates the entire email investigation (and the resultant decision not to charge her)

Emails....we've already discussed that......you obviously don't know anyone in the military if you think that's not a big deal

Chelsea wedding....Clinton Foundation is simply a scheme designed to enrich the Clintons as they sell access

As I guessed, you have no particular accusation that you can make against Hillary. Unlike Trump. That doesn't stop you from being completely outraged by Hillary and happy to keep turning a blind eye to the very, very obvious problem you have tread for yourselves.

It's the court of public opinion that counts, and Hillarys constant lying and dishonesty caught up with her and cost her the election (and the Supreme Court)

Conveniently, that isn't a real court.

But we are talking about your view of the world. Trump lied, bigoted and mysogynised his way to power, but you have no problem with him, because HILLARY something something - keep shouting until they go away......

It will be interesting to hear Trump supporters views in a couple of years.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: easytiger95 on November 25, 2016, 03:01:17 PM
Whitey is aptly named. He is the last polar bear on the last piece of shrinking ice, screaming "I'm right, I'm right." The court of public opinion won't be much use when it is under water.

In the meantime - https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/nov/25/arctic-ice-melt-trigger-uncontrollable-climate-change-global-level

At this stage of the game, denying global warming or appointing climate deniers like Myron Ebell are crimes against humanity. I know you get a warm feeling from sticking it to the liberal cucks - but in 10 years time - just 10 years - it's going to be a lot warmer.

The Republicans are intent on destroying the climate for short term financial and political gain. But I don't think even they truly know what "short-term" means. They (and all of us) are about to get a lesson in it.

This is truly dire. As citizens of this planet, in the free democracies we have a duty to make an issue of the environment and vote for the politicians who have its protection as core planks in their platform.

We are goosed otherwise. I've said before I have a five year old son. I dread to think the world that he will be in when he is 40.
Ebell is an enemy of humanity.

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 25, 2016, 03:21:10 PM

Marital Rape

Conveniently, that isn't a real court.

But we are talking about your view of the world. Trump lied, bigoted and mysogynised his way to power, but you have no problem with him, because HILLARY something something - keep shouting until they go away......

It will be interesting to hear Trump supporters views in a couple of years.

Who ever said I have no problem with Trump. I did not vote for him in either the primary or the general election and I did not donate any money to his campaign.  I would have liked to see John Kasich up against Bernie....but Bernie got cheated and John Kasich would not have taken the "brass knuckles" to Hillary and would have been beaten.  So while I'm not exactly happy about Trump winning, I am happy that Hillary got beaten.  I am also somewhat  happy that the Democrats have possibly painted ghemselves into a corner for a generation.....my only concern is that the Republicans will fvvknit up like they did under Bush

J70

How have the Dems painted themselves into a corner for a generation?

What happens when all these working class whites everyone is venerating discover that Trump and the GOP were/are full of shit, and the jobs lost to automation are not magically coming back, their roofers and landscapers still speak Spanish, gays can still walk the streets with impunity, blacks are not going to resume being quiet about racism, healthcare is still expensive, and the GOP only really cares about tax-cuts for the rich, loosening the reins on Wall Street?

I guess the GOP can still fall back on "they're coming for your guns", but sooner or later some sense has to prevail. THEY have to put their money where their mouth is and govern, after all.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 25, 2016, 04:54:20 PM

What happens when all these working class whites everyone is venerating discover that Trump and the GOP were/are full of shit, and the jobs lost to automation are not magically coming back, their roofers and landscapers still speak Spanish, gays can still walk the streets with impunity, blacks are not going to resume being quiet about racism, healthcare is still expensive, and the GOP only really cares about tax-cuts for the rich, loosening the reins on Wall Street?

I guess the GOP can still fall back on "they're coming for your guns", but sooner or later some sense has to prevail. THEY have to put their money where their mouth is and govern, after all.

Next midterms are very favorable to Republicans....I believe Democrats  need to defend 10 Senate seats in States that Trump won. If Trump does a half way decent job, they may find it hard to hold onto what they currently have

If Trump gets 2/3 supreme court picks, cases involving Democratic hot button topics such as campaign finance reform and voter "suppression" may have favorable outcomes for Republicans

sid waddell

13,000 gun deaths in the USA every year, and the NRA is one of the most powerful lobby groups in the USA.

Somebody should set up the National Suicide Bombing Belt Association (NSBBA) and turn it into a powerful lobby group - somebody needs to lobby for the owners of suicide bombing belts.

If US citizens should have the right to carry a gun, they should have the right to wear a suicide bombing belt too.

Suicide bombing belts don't kill people, people do!

And just like nuclear weapons, they can only be ever used on the principle of MAD (mutually assured destruction), so are much safer than guns in ensuring the safety of the populace.

I look forward to mature, civilised political discourse on this between open carry and closed carry proponents of suicide bombing belts.

But one thing's for sure - only from the cold, dead hands* of a suicide bombing belt owner, will that suicide bombing belt be taken away.

To freedom!

*Likely lying 50 feet away from the rest of their body.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 25, 2016, 05:08:05 PM

Next midterms are very favorable to Republicans....I believe Democrats  need to defend 10 Senate seats in States that Trump won. If Trump does a half way decent job, they may find it hard to hold onto what they currently have

If Trump gets 2/3 supreme court picks, cases involving Democratic hot button topics such as campaign finance reform and voter "suppression" may have favorable outcomes for Republicans

Yet, historically, presidents get pummeled in mid- terms (98 with it's Gingrich/impeachment backlash, and 02 with its 9/11 fervour, being exceptions). The GOP advantage may mitigate that, as may Trump's actual or perceived performance, but that hardly means that the Dems are done for a generation. 2020 will in turn bring vulnerable GOP senate seats following their 2014 wins, and Trump will be on the ballot again.

But, assuming for the sake of argument that you are right, losing out can drive a movement in the long run. Is it a coincidence that the GOP ruled the 80s in the aftermath of Roe v Wade? Simplistic, maybe, in that it took a very charismatic GOP presidential candidate beating a poorly skilled and hapless Dem one, but the whole moral majority movement fueled the Republican ascendency for nearly 20 years, and then again under GW Bush. The GOP powers that he may have cared more about profits and deregulation, but they could not have achieved what they did without harnessing that section of society.

Trump and/or Ryan/GOP overreach could easily see a similar backlash, which can only be good for the Dems. It's easier to sit and point and criticize than it is to govern.

J70

Quote from: sid waddell on November 25, 2016, 05:20:50 PM

13,000 gun deaths in the USA every year, and the NRA is one of the most powerful lobby groups in the USA.

Somebody should set up the National Suicide Bombing Belt Association (NSBBA) and turn it into a powerful lobby group - somebody needs to lobby for the owners of suicide bombing belts.

If US citizens should have the right to carry a gun, they should have the right to wear a suicide bombing belt too.

And just like nuclear weapons, they can only be ever used on the principle of MAD (mutually assured destruction), so are much safer than guns in ensuring the safety of the populace.

I look forward to mature, civilised political discourse on this between open carry and closed carry proponents of suicide bombing belts.

But one thing's for sure - only from the cold, dead hands* of a suicide bombing belt owner, will that suicide bombing belt be taken away.

To freedom!

You have a talent, my friend! ;D

muppet

imagine if only a few of the accusations against Trump happened to be true.

We could have a:

Rapist (as accused by a former wife)
Racist
Fraudulent
Putin plant....

..as President.

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on November 25, 2016, 05:20:50 PM

To freedom!

Settlers are often  paranoid. You don't have to drive that far from Dublin to see it
The house of the planters is  known by more than the trees.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on November 25, 2016, 11:42:41 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 24, 2016, 08:51:44 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 24, 2016, 05:11:20 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 24, 2016, 01:43:51 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 24, 2016, 12:54:13 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 05:19:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2016, 03:18:47 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 02:54:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2016, 02:53:25 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 02:17:50 PM
Late to the party, been a bit busy. Loving Donald Trumps picks so far. The right men in place to start getting the country back on track after the last 8 years of pandering by Obama. Clinton failing to be elected is another blot on his legacy. Hopefully he will now fade into obscurity but I'm sure he'll be on "Dancing with the Stars" in a few years time.

Delighted that real americans finally woke up to what has been happening in their lands. That said I hope Trump does become a president that rules with a level of fair play for all.

CNN commentators seething at the result is an added bonus. They can't handle the fact that Hillary lost. Priceless.

Yeah, figured you'd like Sessions and Bannon and those types.

You figured right ;)

Well, at least you're openly and proudly embracing it.  ;)

Just to clarify - Conservatives. I didn't read into what you were alluding to.

So you're hesitating on the likes of Sessions and Bannon then?

Where did I say I was hesitating? I clarified my statement.

So men like Bannon are conservatives you're happy to see appointed.

Obviously you want people who are successful in your cabinet. He helped beat the Democrats so he must have something to offer.

So his tenure promoting the alt-right point of view at Breitbart is just fine with you?

Donna Brazile is still chairperson of the DNC. Are you ok with that?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

That's quite enough about Obama's policies :D
You wonder why they voted Trump?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 25, 2016, 06:18:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 25, 2016, 11:42:41 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 24, 2016, 08:51:44 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 24, 2016, 05:11:20 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 24, 2016, 01:43:51 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 24, 2016, 12:54:13 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 05:19:31 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2016, 03:18:47 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 02:54:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 23, 2016, 02:53:25 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on November 23, 2016, 02:17:50 PM
Late to the party, been a bit busy. Loving Donald Trumps picks so far. The right men in place to start getting the country back on track after the last 8 years of pandering by Obama. Clinton failing to be elected is another blot on his legacy. Hopefully he will now fade into obscurity but I'm sure he'll be on "Dancing with the Stars" in a few years time.

Delighted that real americans finally woke up to what has been happening in their lands. That said I hope Trump does become a president that rules with a level of fair play for all.

CNN commentators seething at the result is an added bonus. They can't handle the fact that Hillary lost. Priceless.

Yeah, figured you'd like Sessions and Bannon and those types.

You figured right ;)

Well, at least you're openly and proudly embracing it.  ;)

Just to clarify - Conservatives. I didn't read into what you were alluding to.

So you're hesitating on the likes of Sessions and Bannon then?

Where did I say I was hesitating? I clarified my statement.

So men like Bannon are conservatives you're happy to see appointed.

Obviously you want people who are successful in your cabinet. He helped beat the Democrats so he must have something to offer.

So his tenure promoting the alt-right point of view at Breitbart is just fine with you?

Donna Brazile is still chairperson of the DNC. Are you ok with that?

No, she should be gone.