The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: muppet on November 13, 2016, 08:17:16 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 08:10:18 PM
Dems didnt listen to their constituents, youre not listening to them, the DNC didnt listen to them, J70 isnt listening to them......if Trump does well, these people may be permanently lost to the Democratic Party

Don't make me laugh.

Trump isn't even listening any more. Why would he, the election is over and they fell for it?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-president-election-muslim-ban-immigrants-website-statement-removed-a7408466.html

What he might do though, is incarcerate many of them. And Mexicans too. You pointed out that prisons sticks rose after he won. There is a very good reason for that. It makes some very rich people richer.

You're doing what the dems did muppet and underestimating Trump and also underestimating the average American. Trump was the worst Republican candidate in years and the dems still fucked it up.

All the derision in the world won't change the fact that the dems are stupider than the average trump voter. People cause trump of being insulting and a divisive figure but the dems are as quick as trump is to protay the opposition as the deplorables; a semi-literate, xenophobic, flat earther rabble. You don't win friends or arguments with condescendion.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 08:28:42 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2016, 08:21:14 PM
Dems didnt listen to their constituents, youre not listening to them, the DNC didnt listen to them, J70 isnt listening to them......if Trump does well, these people may be permanently lost to the Democratic Party
The election was more or less 50/50
Trump had better bots

Corect, but in a very tight race Trump flipped enough traditionally Democratic supporters over to his side and that made all the difference in the swing states

http://www.cnbc.com/heres-a-map-of-the-us-counties-that-flipped-to-trump-from-democrats/
I think it will turn out to be a pyrrhic victory.
Whining about Obamacare and obstructing is easy.

"There is precedent for a government shutdown, but there is no precedent for a default," said Lloyd Blankfein, the chief executive of Goldman Sachs, after a meeting between President Barack Obama and top Wall Street chief executives. He was citing the threat of default if Washington's feuding lawmakers fail to agree to extend the borrowing limit by October 17.
A highly anticipated meeting Wednesday evening between Mr Obama, John Boehner, the Republican Speaker of the House, and other leaders ended without any sign of progress.
"They will not negotiate," Mr Boehner said, standing outside the White House. "At some point we have to allow the process to work out."

Fox now will have to defend GOP Policy and a lot of system problems can't take any more procrastination. Fox will have to be largely fact based which will be a challenge.
There is a good GOP party somewhere underneath all the bullshit.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 06:58:29 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 13, 2016, 06:51:18 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 06:39:03 PM
Don't believe me if you don't want

Ill paraphrase that's guy they interviewed in the article. ..."people are sick and tired of being talked down to".

While I accept that may not be your individual experience, it has been the experience of many blue collar Democrats who ma

Ill paraphrase that's guy they interviewed in the article. ..."people are sick and tired of being talked down to".

While I accept that may not be your individual experience, it has been the experience of many blue collar Democrats who may be somewhat socially conservative and they gave their response at the polls this past Tuesday and that's why Trump is in the White House

But I'm not talking about their perception.

I'm talking about reality and whether their perception is objectively legitimate.

To use an extreme example for illustration, is the average KKK member or Islamic jihadist owed some recognition and legitimization by the political system?

Lolololol

But who's to decide "if their perception is objectively legitimate"?

You may not view their concerns as objectively legitimate, The NY Times and CNN may not view their concerns as objectively legitimate, the people from Georgetown and the Upper West Side may not view their perceptions as objectively legitimate, but THEY sure as $hit view them as objectively legitimate

y be somewhat socially conservative and they gave their response at the polls this past Tuesday and that's why Trump is in the White House

I'm talking about reality and whether their perception is objectively legitimate.

To use an extreme example for illustration, is the average KKK member or Islamic jihadist owed some recognition and legitimization by the political system?

Lolololol

You may not view their concerns as objectively legitimate, The NY Times and CNN may not view their concerns as objectively legitimate, the people from Georgetown and the Upper West Side may not view their perceptions as objectively legitimate, but THEY sure as $hit view them as objectively legitimate

Yes, obviously they do.

Hence the KKK/Islamic jihadist reference - they also view their causes as legitimate.

However, their complaints, as outlined by you above e.g. objection to Obamacare being shouted down as racism, patently ARE bullshit.

J70

What am I not listening to?

The whole point of this subject is WHAT exactly IS their problem or complaint?

muppet

Quote from: trileacman on November 13, 2016, 08:29:04 PM

Don't make me laugh.

Trump isn't even listening any more. Why would he, the election is over and they fell for it?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-president-election-muslim-ban-immigrants-website-statement-removed-a7408466.html

What he might do though, is incarcerate many of them. And Mexicans too. You pointed out that prisons sticks rose after he won. There is a very good reason for that. It makes some very rich people richer.

You're doing what the dems did muppet and underestimating Trump and also underestimating the average American. Trump was the worst Republican candidate in years and the dems still fucked it up.

All the derision in the world won't change the fact that the dems are stupider than the average trump voter. People cause trump of being insulting and a divisive figure but the dems are as quick as trump is to protay the opposition as the deplorables; a semi-literate, xenophobic, flat earther rabble. You don't win friends or arguments with condescendion.

I'm underestimating him?  ;D

And you can say what you like about Dems. I am not one of them.

The US is in big trouble and each side are pointing the finger at each other. Both are to blame for Trump getting into power and both will be responsible for what comes next.
MWWSI 2017

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 13, 2016, 10:18:48 PM

I already laid out what their grievances were, but you decided to go off on another tangent.....

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2016, 08:38:03 PM

Fox now will have to defend GOP Policy and a lot of system problems can't take any more procrastination. Fox will have to be largely fact based which will be a challenge.
That is extremely wishful thinking.

It's not as if they were fact-based during the Bush presidency and the likes of Breitbart and the alt-right nutters weren't around then.

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 10:45:46 PM

I already laid out what their grievances were, but you decided to go off on another tangent.....

What do you want regarding vetting that isn't there now?
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 13, 2016, 09:50:30 PM

While I accept that may not be your individual experience, it has been the experience of many blue collar Democrats who ma

While I accept that may not be your individual experience, it has been the experience of many blue collar Democrats who may be somewhat socially conservative and they gave their response at the polls this past Tuesday and that's why Trump is in the White House

Lolololol

y be somewhat socially conservative and they gave their response at the polls this past Tuesday and that's why Trump is in the White House

Lolololol

Yes, obviously they do.

Hence the KKK/Islamic jihadist reference - they also view their causes as legitimate.

However, their complaints, as outlined by you above e.g. objection to Obamacare being shouted down as racism, patently ARE bullshit.

Do you think I make this stuff up??????

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2014/05/23/yes-opposition-to-obamacare-is-tied-up-with-race/

"And second, a growing body of evidence demonstrates that race plays a role in many people's opposition to the law."

And I have heard it dozens of times on satellite radio and on social media

(A cousin of mine is also blabbing on about the KKK....do you know how many people are in the KKK???. Anywhere from 5,000-12,0000.......which would translate to somewhere between 1/1000 and 3/1000 of 1% of the entire population of the United States.  So comparing the legitimacy of that group opinions with the legitimacy of a group of tens of millions whose insurance has skyrocketed, or who may oppose transgender bathrooms is a false equivalence of gargantuan proportions)

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on November 13, 2016, 10:46:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2016, 08:38:03 PM

That is extremely wishful thinking.

It's not as if they were fact-based during the Bush presidency and the likes of Breitbart and the alt-right nutters weren't around then.
the alt right drove a tank in a general's rank when the Blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank
I know the Daily Mail is doing its best but the Financial system is collapsing and it's very hard to maintain bullshit indefinitely when the data are so shit and people are living it.
the GOP is unlikely to come out of this in one shape.   
Because it is like the Tories. It doesn't fix problems.

The UK has a deficit of 6% of GDP. The US has a healthcare sector that is almost one fifth of the economy. The Tories want to leave Europe and f**k the deficit
The GOP want more rent out of healthcare

It's the hara kiri stage of the Thatcher business cycle

seafoid

David Brooks in the NYT

"the guy will probably resign or be impeached within a year"

Trump was attracted by the role of President as a way to feed his ego.
But the US is in serious trouble . And it's not just for Christmas

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 10:45:46 PM

And they were the most part bullshit, which is why I went off on the tangent of whether we should listen to illegitimate grievances.

Just because a demagogue was able to exploit them to an election win doesn't lend them credence.

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on November 13, 2016, 10:37:50 PM
Quote from: trileacman on November 13, 2016, 08:29:04 PM

Don't make me laugh.

I'm underestimating him?  ;D

And you can say what you like about Dems. I am not one of them.

The US is in big trouble and each side are pointing the finger at each other. Both are to blame for Trump getting into power and both will be responsible for what comes next.
Politicians don't do responsibility.
When TSHTF voters are on their own.
That is how it works with mortgage debt etc

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 13, 2016, 10:54:25 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 13, 2016, 09:50:30 PM

Lolololol

Lolololol

Yes, obviously they do.

Do you think I make this stuff up??????

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2014/05/23/yes-opposition-to-obamacare-is-tied-up-with-race/

"And second, a growing body of evidence demonstrates that race plays a role in many people's opposition to the law."

And I have heard it dozens of times on satellite radio and on social media

(A cousin of mine is also blabbing on about the KKK....do you know how many people are in the KKK???. Anywhere from 5,000-12,0000.......which would translate to somewhere between 1/1000 and 3/1000 of 1% of the entire population of the United States.  So comparing the legitimacy of that group opinions with the legitimacy of a group of tens of millions whose insurance has skyrocketed, or who may oppose transgender bathrooms is a false equivalence of gargantuan proportions)

1. Just because someone wrote an article two years ago and two senators had an exchange doesn't mean that the opinion that opposition to Obamacare is racially motivated is rampant among Democrats. Only someone looking to be offended or for an excuse to rant would make that extrapolation.
Besides, reading that article I'd be more concerned about the quotes from Rush Limbaugh if I were you, given his influence on the movement of which you say you are a part.

2. You must be drinking this weekend, because you're clearly having a comprehension problem, which is not usually the case. Scale or numbers is irrelevant to the Klan/jihadist example. The point is the opinion itself, NOT how many people espouse it. If the entire white population belonged to the KKK it would not improve their legitimacy one bit.