The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No wides

Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2016, 03:45:14 PM
A lot of Trump material esp online was fact free. Alt right bullshit. You can't run a campaign of fear and hate on facts.
It takes lies to get people to hate brown people. Brexit was exactly the same. Divide and conquer. Trump voters will be so shafted. Afterwards they will be told it is their own fault. Never trust a junkie.

You should run for president or world leader - instead of wasting your economic and political talent here you should engage with the hierarchy! Some of the political and economic insight you have as well as a gift of cutting and pasting articles is staggering.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Esmarelda on November 10, 2016, 04:07:58 PM
Apologies if this has been posted already but here are the demographics of the vote:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/08/us/politics/election-exit-polls.html?_r=1
`

I had heard some of these already, and they are interesting. Some of it would debunk the notion that only slack jawed yokels voted for Trump too. We are doomed to see the same thing over and over as long as those who should know better keep saying that the 'other side' are idiots. There were obviously some right dicks that voted for Trump, but a lot of good people with genuine concerns over security, corruption and illegal immigration are being lumped in with racists, misogynists and xenophobes. If we keep doing that, then those people will keep voting for candidates who speak to them.

Some interesting cherry picked ones.

58% of white voters voted for Trump.
49% of college educated Whites voted for trump (as opposed to 45% for Clinton)
50% of those with incomes between 50k and 100k, so not just the 'poor, uneducated'
53% of those with incomes under 30k voted for Clinton. (Presumably a lot of the minorities in that number)
50% of those in the suburbs voted for Trump
And key one 48% of independent registered, as opposed to 42% for CLinton.

I like this one though.
Of those who answered that Donald Trump is NOT honest or trustworthy, 21% still voted for him!! :) And 20% who answered NO for Hillary voted for HER! It really was a case of two bad eggs.

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2016, 11:31:02 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/09/podesta-e-mail-suggested-strategy-to-elevate-long-shot-gop-candidates/

The Dems need to STFU complaining about Trump.  They only have themselves to blame

What!

You and stew have whined for 8 years about Obama. It is definitely payback time for the next 4 years.  :D

But maybe you need to STFU about the Clintons. They are irrelevant now. It is over for them.

Actually, one good thing to come out of this is an end to the Bush/Clinton dynasties.

Anyway, I will be very, very interested to see if Trump sticks to his September promise on replacing top Generals.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/09/08/trump-to-our-generals-youre-fired/

...Donald Trump, when asked about how he would get America's military leaders to come up with a plan to defeat the Islamic State, responded, "They'll probably be different generals, to be honest."

Speaking at a televised forum with veterans Wednesday night, the Republican nominee for president explained that our current military leaders "have been losing for us for a long period of time" and indicated that he would replace at many of them with the retired generals and admirals who have endorsed him...

MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2016, 04:22:04 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/09/podesta-e-mail-suggested-strategy-to-elevate-long-shot-gop-candidates/

The Dems need to STFU complaining about Trump.  They only have themselves to blame

What!

You and stew have whined for 8 years about Obama. It is definitely payback time for the next 4 years.  :D

But maybe you need to STFU about the Clintons. They are irrelevant now. It is over for them.

Actually, one good thing to come out of this is an end to the Bush/Clinton dynasties.

Anyway, I will be very, very interested to see if Trump sticks to his September promise on replacing top Generals.

...Donald Trump, when asked about how he would get America's military leaders to come up with a plan to defeat the Islamic State, responded, "They'll probably be different generals, to be honest."

Speaking at a televised forum with veterans Wednesday night, the Republican nominee for president explained that our current military leaders "have been losing for us for a long period of time" and indicated that he would replace at many of them with the retired generals and admirals who have endorsed him...

How's the double short ETF working out for you?

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2016, 04:54:12 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2016, 04:22:04 PM

What!

How's the double short ETF working out for you?

Funnily enough I heard a markets guy on the radio this morning describing the bounce in the market, after the shock, on exactly what you predicted a couple of days ago!
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Unfortunately I can't take any credit.....Inwork for some super smart people

I do see prison stocks surged though

Firearms manufacturers maybe not so much....people won't need to start stockpiling arms and munitions now that Hillary won't be getting in

FL/MAYO

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2016, 05:00:55 PM

Firearms manufacturers maybe not so much....people won't need to start stockpiling arms and munitions now that Hillary won't be getting in

Surprisingly enough, gun shop owner's will be unhappy with a Republican President. Obama was a god send for the gun industry.

seafoid

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2016, 05:00:55 PM

prison numbers crested in 2007. 5 million.  Up from 2 million in 1980. Welcome to Gopistan.
The 2 biggest private companies are amongst the biggest GOP donors  Private prisons are the most dangerous.

Guess which ethnic group has the highest levels of incarceration.

The US looks great when things are working but when they aren't it looks dreadful.

Vet suicides since 1999 are  over 100 thousand

Compare to 911.

1500 vets have no testicles.

muppet

Regarding prisons, watch 13th on Netflix.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 10, 2016, 03:21:11 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2016, 03:14:20 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on November 10, 2016, 03:07:44 PM
Ouch, this clip from the Washington correspondants dinner a number of years back doesn't look too hot for Obama in today's world...

https://youtu.be/k8TwRmX6zs4

The Donald would have a wry smile watching this!

Nothing he said wasn't true. That Trump is a joke and a buffoon does not change because of the election. Except of course that the joke is now also on the US people and the world.

Don't forget this was right when Trump was on his birth cert "quest".

Completely agree. I meant that Trump (and his followers) will feel a smug sense of satisfaction looking back on this today, which is hard to stomach.

To be fair Hillary supporters had a smug sense of satisfaction for the past year believing she was certain to win. There's a lesson to be learned.

And to watch these protests is such a hoot. These little turds shouting slogans incuding BLM. FFS.
Democrats aghast when Trump said he was unsure if he'd accept the result of the election but now they've lost they can't accept it. Hillaryous! Not so smug now or tolerant of all people, only the ones they choose.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

stew

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 10, 2016, 03:21:11 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2016, 03:14:20 PM

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 10, 2016, 03:07:44 PM
Ouch, this clip from the Washington correspondants dinner a number of years back doesn't look too hot for Obama in today's world...

https://youtu.be/k8TwRmX6zs4

The Donald would have a wry smile watching this!

Nothing he said wasn't true. That Trump is a joke and a buffoon does not change because of the election. Except of course that the joke is now also on the US people and the world.

Don't forget this was right when Trump was on his birth cert "quest".

Completely agree. I meant that Trump (and his followers) will feel a smug sense of satisfaction looking back on this today, which is hard to stomach.

A lot of conservative and Republican people despise Trump. I mean a lot of them, me, I am delighted Hillory will never be President but feel absolutely no be a for Trump.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2016, 06:10:21 PM
Can any TV show or film capture the reality of systematic rape? The US army is similar.
Violence is one of the things that defines the US.

Gmac

Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2016, 06:51:31 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 10, 2016, 06:10:21 PM
Can any TV show or film capture the reality of systematic rape? The US army is similar.
Violence is one of the things that defines the US.
watch the tv series oz
On another note high school kids leave class to protest trump in San Francisco while adults on the street cheer them on what a facked up city inhabited by morons.