The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 13, 2016, 03:37:00 PM
Quote from: Declan on October 13, 2016, 11:41:55 AM
https://twitter.com/TimInHonolulu/status/786338233160392704

Pretty horrific stuff in this sworn statement

BUT ... BILL .... HILLARY ...... LIBERAL MEDIA ............. ELITES ........... EMAILS ......

If you think Hillary hasn't disqualified herself by her actions you need to educate yourself a little better

Gabriel_Hurl

I'm educated pretty well thank you very much

gallsman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 13, 2016, 03:37:00 PM
Quote from: Declan on October 13, 2016, 11:41:55 AM
https://twitter.com/TimInHonolulu/status/786338233160392704

Pretty horrific stuff in this sworn statement

BUT ... BILL .... HILLARY ...... LIBERAL MEDIA ............. ELITES ........... EMAILS ......

Give over, Stew.

Gabriel_Hurl

tyssam5

Quote from: stew on October 13, 2016, 10:07:49 AM
Quote from: Oraisteach on October 12, 2016, 09:35:55 PM
In addition, he's calling on his supporters to sign up to monitor certain polling stations to keep an eye on voter fraud.  Since voter fraud has been debunked time and time again, it is, of course, a call to intimidate minority/Democrat voters, an alarming development, in my view.

Well it's not as if you don't have prior form now is it? Your unions are as corrupt as f**k, you have run Chicago into the ground since Capone and it's fucked, Detroit? Hmm, greedy, corrupt unions laid waste to that dung heap, everything the liberals touch turns to shit!

That's doesn't seem accurate, what about California and New York? The red states have much higher poverty rates than the blue ones.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 13, 2016, 09:34:01 PM
That's doesn't seem accurate, what about California and New York? The red states have much higher poverty rates than the blue ones.

You are correct. Blue states like California are net contributors to the federal government, red states are generally takers.

As for Detroit, Stew would love to blame the unions but the lobbying power of the auto industry is by far a bigger factor. So much protectionism from international competition meant that Detroit could get away with churning out unreliable, low quality uncompetitive rubbish for years and still turn a profit. They thought it was better to buy a congressman than to fix their business model. But the right would rather blame the working man.

No wonder conservatism is in such a state. They're so far removed from reality that they've gone out in droves and voted for a serial sexual predator as their presidential candidate. Every time people like Stew throw around the word "liberal" like it's some sort of term of abuse I just get a good laugh.

J70

Obama refusing to give credit to GOPers who have abandoned Trump in the wake of the Access Hollywood tape, rightfully accusing them of indulging, for political reasons and cowardice, years of paranoid conspiracy theories about his religion, birthplace, Jade Helm and all the rest.

"They stood by while this happened, and Donald Trump as he's prone to do, he didn't build the building himself — he just slapped his name on it and took credit for it,"

And while he is saying that, Trump is doubling down on far right paranoid lunacy:

"We've seen this first hand in the WikiLeaks documents, in which Hillary Clinton meets in secret with international banks to plot the destruction of U.S. sovereignty in order to enrich these global financial powers, her special interest friends and her donors. So true."

And, without a hint of self-awareness or irony, he had this to say about one of the women who came out yesterday accusing him of unwanted, physical advances:

"Take a look. You take a look. Look at her. Look at her words. You tell me what you think. I don't think so."

In yet another week where he is being hammered for his attitude towards women, he accuses his accuser of being too unattractive to merit his advances!

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 14, 2016, 08:42:57 AM

You are correct. Blue states like California are net contributors to the federal government, red states are generally takers.

As for Detroit, Stew would love to blame the unions but the lobbying power of the auto industry is by far a bigger factor. So much protectionism from international competition meant that Detroit could get away with churning out unreliable, low quality uncompetitive rubbish for years and still turn a profit. They thought it was better to buy a congressman than to fix their business model. But the right would rather blame the working man.

No wonder conservatism is in such a state. They're so far removed from reality that they've gone out in droves and voted for a serial sexual predator as their presidential candidate. Every time people like Stew throw around the word "liberal" like it's some sort of term of abuse I just get a good laugh.

It's great that you still can laugh seeing as the reign of the worst president in the history of the USA is coming to an end. Donald or Hillary couldn't be any worse.

Oh I forgot, he did that sketch on the Jimmy Fallon show. Isn't he soooooooo funny..ha.ha.ha.
Nearly as bad as his dancing on the Ellen show. The "change" brigade can reflect on how they got suckered into a slogan with no substance.

and someone get the worst lady off the telly too. Cringeworthy.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on October 14, 2016, 05:45:38 PM
Obama refusing to give credit to GOPers who have abandoned Trump in the wake of the Access Hollywood tape, rightfully accusing them of indulging, for political reasons and cowardice, years of paranoid conspiracy theories about his religion, birthplace, Jade Helm and all the rest.

"They stood by while this happened, and Donald Trump as he's prone to do, he didn't build the building himself — he just slapped his name on it and took credit for it,"

And while he is saying that, Trump is doubling down on far right paranoid lunacy:

"We've seen this first hand in the WikiLeaks documents, in which Hillary Clinton meets in secret with international banks to plot the destruction of U.S. sovereignty in order to enrich these global financial powers, her special interest friends and her donors. So true."

And, without a hint of self-awareness or irony, he had this to say about one of the women who came out yesterday accusing him of unwanted, physical advances:

"Take a look. You take a look. Look at her. Look at her words. You tell me what you think. I don't think so."

In yet another week where he is being hammered for his attitude towards women, he accuses his accuser of being too unattractive to merit his advances!
The global conspiracy thing is an antisemitic trope   Look up the Adelson selection. He is Jewish.

joemamas

Quote from: foxcommander on October 14, 2016, 07:04:11 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 14, 2016, 08:42:57 AM

It's great that you still can laugh seeing as the reign of the worst president in the history of the USA is coming to an end. Donald or Hillary couldn't be any worse.

Oh I forgot, he did that sketch on the Jimmy Fallon show. Isn't he soooooooo funny..ha.ha.ha.
Nearly as bad as his dancing on the Ellen show. The "change" brigade can reflect on how they got suckered into a slogan with no substance.

and someone get the worst lady off the telly too. Cringeworthy.

+1

More Govt regulation =corporations and small business spending less expanding= is a good recipe for growing an economy.  ::)

Oh forgot to mention Obamacare. Impact of which is only now being felt.
I was at a Dr. yesterday, single practitioner, they are almost all out of business as the HMO's have lost and are losing so much on Obamacare that they are continually cutting reimbursement rates. Poor guy just got a letter last week from one of them, saying that they were cutting what they are paying him per patient visit by 20%. He has no recourse.
Incidentally my guess is he is a Democrat, but he still says that it is doomed.

J70

So tell us joe mamas, what regs need to go; what's your solution to the healthcare problems?

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on October 14, 2016, 09:23:43 PM
So tell us joe mamas, what regs need to go; what's your solution to the healthcare problems?
I think it will have to collapse before any attempt at coherent reform happens

J70

Quote from: seafoid on October 14, 2016, 09:36:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 14, 2016, 09:23:43 PM
I think it will have to collapse before any attempt at coherent reform happens

What will have to collapse? Healthcare system?

Gmac

Something badly wrong with a system when a citizen pays $1145 a month for health insurance and illegal immigrants are having babies in hospitals like Stanford , mills peninsula top of the line hospitals ,it's absolutely crazy stuff.