Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tyssam5

Quote from: muppet on October 12, 2016, 11:39:19 AM
I hate the clannish nature of US politics whereby the Clinton and the Bushes will have held power for all but 8 years since 1988 and are likely to resume holding power. Obama managed to break that stranglehold, when all and sundry expected Hillary to win the Democratic nomination and in fairness to him, he showed everyone how it could be done. However the Democrats forgot the lesson and the Republicans just spent 8 years lambasting him without learning a single thing, and lo and behold it all opens up again for the Clinton-Bush hegemony.

This is not at all healthy for a Government, however Trump is on a completely different level. I would even take Putin or Netanyahu over Trump and that is saying something. Trump's naked narcissism is about the most dangerous thing I've ever seen in politics in my lifetime. Thankfully he is clashing with the Republican leadership BEFORE the election, because if they stick together it could lead to a Trump win, in my opinion it would be the greatest threat to the Federal Republic in its history. The US would never be the same again, and neither by extension would the world.

It is incomprehensible to me that so many intelligent, educated people consider him worthy of being a leader of anything. Just think of political leaders who he reminds you of. Try to do so without proving Godwin's Law. How do people think he will react to The Senate/Congress not doing a deal with him? Or to a 'terrorist' attack whose origin later turns out to be not quite what everyone thought at first? Imagine country 'A' blows up some people and makes it look like country 'B' - would Trump run with the crowd or wait for confirmation? Why are Americans not terrified of his obvious man-love for Putin?

Would love it if on becoming president your immediate family was disqualified from future running, sadly it would be a bit unconstitutional. I guess sorted finances out might help make the inherited running less likely.

Gmac

Quote from: tyssam5 on October 12, 2016, 06:18:07 PM
I hate the clannish nature of US politics whereby the Clinton and the Bushes will have held power for all but 8 years since 1988 and are likely to resume holding power. Obama managed to break that stranglehold, when all and sundry expected Hillary to win the Democratic nomination and in fairness to him, he showed everyone how it could be done. However the Democrats forgot the lesson and the Republicans just spent 8 years lambasting him without learning a single thing, and lo and behold it all opens up again for the Clinton-Bush hegemony.

This is not at all healthy for a Government, however Trump is on a completely different level. I would even take Putin or Netanyahu over Trump and that is saying something. Trump's naked narcissism is about the most dangerous thing I've ever seen in politics in my lifetime. Thankfully he is clashing with the Republican leadership BEFORE the election, because if they stick together it could lead to a Trump win, in my opinion it would be the greatest threat to the Federal Republic in its history. The US would never be the same again, and neither by extension would the world.

It is incomprehensible to me that so many intelligent, educated people consider him worthy of being a leader of anything. Just think of political leaders who he reminds you of. Try to do so without proving Godwin's Law. How do people think he will react to The Senate/Congress not doing a deal with him? Or to a 'terrorist' attack whose origin later turns out to be not quite what everyone thought at first? Imagine country 'A' blows up some people and makes it look like country 'B' - would Trump run with the crowd or wait for confirmation? Why are Americans not terrified of his obvious man-love for Putin?

Would love it if on becoming president your immediate family was disqualified from future running, sadly it would be a bit unconstitutional. I guess sorted finances out might help make the inherited running less likely.
clannish politics goes on everywhere is there a cowen a td in Offaly

muppet

Quote from: Gmac on October 12, 2016, 06:36:10 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on October 12, 2016, 06:18:07 PM

clannish politics goes on everywhere is there a cowen a td in Offaly

Has he or any of his family been the most powerful person on earth for 20 of the last 28 years?
MWWSI 2017

muppet

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37584987

Conservative blog says Hurricane Matthew was a Climate Change conspiracy - blames the Hurricane data centre.

Where do they get people like this? I know we have the odd Wullie Frazer and Healy-Rae, but the States turns them out in their thousands.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Who do you think the people supporting Trump are? He's the conspiracy theorist candidate!

Wonder how all the victims of the flooding in Georgia and the Carolinas feel about the supposed hype?

muppet

Quote from: J70 on October 12, 2016, 07:35:59 PM
Who do you think the people supporting Trump are? He's the conspiracy theorist candidate!

Wonder how all the victims of the flooding in Georgia and the Carolinas feel about the supposed hype?

I think I found Stew's twin: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36992955

In one video, addressing Clinton and her "diehard feminist Nazi fans", Longworth describes her "disgust" at having to listen to "that painful scratching noise that you like to call intelligence spew from your mouth like typical Clinton diarrhoea".
MWWSI 2017

J70

Trump has been laying the groundwork for another conspiracy, this time that if he loses Pennsylvania, it will be down to voter fraud. And of course his supporters are buying into it, and claiming all the polls showing him slipping are wrong, because apparently rally size is such a strong predictor of voter turnout and enthusiasm. And it's only four years since the whole embarrassing "unskewed polls" fiasco!

Oraisteach

In addition, he's calling on his supporters to sign up to monitor certain polling stations to keep an eye on voter fraud.  Since voter fraud has been debunked time and time again, it is, of course, a call to intimidate minority/Democrat voters, an alarming development, in my view.

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on October 12, 2016, 09:35:55 PM
In addition, he's calling on his supporters to sign up to monitor certain polling stations to keep an eye on voter fraud.  Since voter fraud has been debunked time and time again, it is, of course, a call to intimidate minority/Democrat voters, an alarming development, in my view.

Well it's not as if you don't have prior form now is it? Your unions are as corrupt as f**k, you have run Chicago into the ground since Capone and it's fucked, Detroit? Hmm, greedy, corrupt unions laid waste to that dung heap, everything the liberals touch turns to shit!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: muppet on October 12, 2016, 07:40:24 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 12, 2016, 07:35:59 PM

I think I found Stew's twin: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36992955

In one video, addressing Clinton and her "diehard feminist Nazi fans", Longworth describes her "disgust" at having to listen to "that painful scratching noise that you like to call intelligence spew from your mouth like typical Clinton diarrhoea".

I have no twin.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Declan

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Declan on October 13, 2016, 11:41:55 AM
https://twitter.com/TimInHonolulu/status/786338233160392704

Pretty horrific stuff in this sworn statement

BUT ... BILL .... HILLARY ...... LIBERAL MEDIA ............. ELITES ........... EMAILS ......