The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Declan on August 03, 2016, 08:35:12 AM
Fascinating stuff in here  - https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood

Interesting reading alright saying the Trump camp is in disarray because he won't listen to them . . . Wow who would ever have thought that would happen?!

Nothing says your campaign is in disarray more than a 5am tweet saying "There is great unity in my campaign"

J70

Joe Scarborough discussing with former Bush NSA Director Michael Hayden whether there are enough safeguards in place to stop a pissed off Trump launching nukes. Hayden says there aren't as the system is built for a quick response. He acknowledges Trump is far too erratic, but he still won't back Hillary!

Have such concerns ever been raised before about a presidential candidate?

muppet

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/08/03/katrina-pierson-obama-trump-khan-war-cooper-intv-ac.cnn

Trump's spokesperson blames an Obama action as President for Khan's death......

...in 2004.

So how will this blatant falsehood be managed by the Trump team? Will they do what would normally happen in this part of the world and distance themselves from an obvious gaffe (giving the benefit of the doubt).

Or will he say something like 'she is doing a great job'? Thereby apparently confirming the lie to the intellectually challenged that seem to gravitate in his direction.

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on August 03, 2016, 11:43:16 AM
Joe Scarborough discussing with former Bush NSA Director Michael Hayden whether there are enough safeguards in place to stop a pissed off Trump launching nukes. Hayden says there aren't as the system is built for a quick response. He acknowledges Trump is far too erratic, but he still won't back Hillary!

I could see Trump being assassinated if he were elected and went maverick

Hound

Quote from: J70 on August 03, 2016, 12:21:57 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on August 02, 2016, 10:18:28 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 02, 2016, 10:04:04 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on August 02, 2016, 09:57:46 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 02, 2016, 09:52:03 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on August 02, 2016, 09:46:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 02, 2016, 09:36:53 PM
Changed your post I see... It's no longer " back where you belong"...

Finished scrambling?

"Rightful positions behind us"?

That doesn't prove anything?

So far all you have is some hot headed, rude, tone deaf, in your face black people wanting black people leading the march. That's it.

I changed it to her exact wording. Sue me.

So now you've said this woman is "hot headed and rude"?!?! LOL!

She demanded that white people go to the back to take up "Rightful positions behind us". Isn't that discrimination based on ??

Try again and use the correct term to describe it. You've avoided it so far. Showing yourself up that you can't tell the truth when it's captured on camera for all to see.

This is where your cowardice comes into it. By definition, she is discriminating, but so would the feminist marchers who insisted on women leading things. So the motive matters. Except you can't allow that for whatever reason.

Hooray! you've semi-acknowledged that she's discriminating (but just haven't defined it properly!)

Reason is clear enough for those who open their ears. You've making excuses and made a tit out of yourself defending it.

I don't know why you keep bringing the feminist movement into it to try justify yourself. I didn't mention it. Stick to the facts of the story in question, not some imaginary scenario in your head.

The only one making a tit of themselves is you with your childish dismissal of an obvious analogy and dumb, blinkered insistence on knowing someone's motives based on a 30 second video clip.

But then you're not really known here for offering anything beyond showing up once a week to sneer about black lives matter and related issues.

You're not man enough to call it as it is. Exactly why I highlighted this. I knew you'd take the bait ;)

Where is the other apologist today?

Take the bait??

You asked me a direct question. ;D

I've no problem answering questions.

Unlike yourself, chickenshit. ;)
J70, you're debating racism with a guy who said that when he calls Obama "The Kenyan", he doesn't mean it in a racist way !!

He says the Democrats are too left wing, yet he's a Shinner  !!
Ha Ha

Gmac

trump has kids and grandkids of his own do u really think he would start a nuclear war ?
He's talking about banning Muslims entering the U.S. if they can't be vetted properly
Stopping millions of illegal immigrants coming over the border from Mexico  and putting some pride back in the military which Obama has deballed and turned into a social experiment.
Why would he start a nuclear war ? And the media talk about trumps scaremongering .

screenexile

Quote from: Gmac on August 03, 2016, 02:10:55 PM

trump has kids and grandkids of his own do u really think he would start a nuclear war ?
He's talking about banning Muslims entering the U.S. if they can't be vetted properly
Stopping millions of illegal immigrants coming over the border from Mexico  and putting some pride back in the military which Obama has deballed and turned into a social experiment.
Why would he start a nuclear war ? And the media talk about trumps scaremongering .

What do you mean Obama has "deballed" the military? The US spend on the military is 4 times that of its nearest rival in China... It is a political boondoggle for defence companies and the NRA to keep the Government spending unnecessary money on unnecessary shit!!

muppet

If recent Republican Presidents are anything to go by, Trump would definitely start a war. It could be with anyone.

His behaviour is to lash out at anyone who criticises him. Imagine him in charge during a war. Bad news from the front, again....Nuke 'em!.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on August 03, 2016, 02:51:56 PM
If recent Republican Presidents are anything to go by, Trump would definitely start a war. It could be with anyone.

His behaviour is to lash out at anyone who criticises him. Imagine him in charge during a war. Bad news from the front, again....Nuke 'em!.
Trump is not stable enough to be PotUS.

easytiger95

Quick scan of this reveals everything that is wrong with the information being given to Trump supporters

For legal immigrants into the US, the Visa programmes are extremely strict (as most here in Ireland who tried to get a green card will know. let alone coming from places that don't have a visa waiver in place i.e most of the world). If you're talking about vetting refugees, the process is actually incredibly vigorous and can take up to 3 years to complete. In the end, a very small number of refugees are accepted for the US, thousands rather than tens of thousands.

Stopping millions of illegal immigrants coming over the border from Mexico

Net migration between Mexico and America is actually in the minus numbers - i.e, more people leaving for Mexico than coming over the border

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/more-mexicans-leaving-than-coming-to-the-u-s/

and Obama has deported more illegals than any other President, with a focus on deporting those with criminal records before they entered the country

http://blogs.reuters.com/data-dive/2015/02/25/tracking-obamas-deportation-numbers/

putting some pride back in the military which Obama has deballed and turned into a social experiment.

Well, if that is the case, why was the military so heavily represented at the DNC and so lightly at the RNC? There are reasons for a decline in defence spending, the two big ones being that Obama wound down the ground wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (or at least American involvement in them) and that the sequestration cuts which were originally a bipartisan agreed threat so that budget negotiators would agree a different deal, went into effect when the talks collapsed. Since then Obama has requested each year for a larger defence budget but not been given the amount that he has wanted - by a Congress controlled by the GOP.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/dec/14/politifact-sheet-our-guide-to-military-spending-/

Facts are facts.

Gmac

Quote from: easytiger95 on August 03, 2016, 03:29:03 PM

Quick scan of this reveals everything that is wrong with the information being given to Trump supporters

For legal immigrants into the US, the Visa programmes are extremely strict (as most here in Ireland who tried to get a green card will know. let alone coming from places that don't have a visa waiver in place i.e most of the world). If you're talking about vetting refugees, the process is actually incredibly vigorous and can take up to 3 years to complete. In the end, a very small number of refugees are accepted for the US, thousands rather than tens of thousands.

Stopping millions of illegal immigrants coming over the border from Mexico

Net migration between Mexico and America is actually in the minus numbers - i.e, more people leaving for Mexico than coming over the border

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/more-mexicans-leaving-than-coming-to-the-u-s/

and Obama has deported more illegals than any other President, with a focus on deporting those with criminal records before they entered the country

http://blogs.reuters.com/data-dive/2015/02/25/tracking-obamas-deportation-numbers/

putting some pride back in the military which Obama has deballed and turned into a social experiment.

Well, if that is the case, why was the military so heavily represented at the DNC and so lightly at the RNC? There are reasons for a decline in defence spending, the two big ones being that Obama wound down the ground wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (or at least American involvement in them) and that the sequestration cuts which were originally a bipartisan agreed threat so that budget negotiators would agree a different deal, went into effect when the talks collapsed. Since then Obama has requested each year for a larger defence budget but not been given the amount that he has wanted - by a Congress controlled by the GOP.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2015/dec/14/politifact-sheet-our-guide-to-military-spending-/

Facts are facts.

Not exactly depends on who spins them
Alot of illegal immigrants coming over the Mexican border are from guetamala and El Salvador and countries like that but if u think more Mexicans are going back to Mexico than coming u are dreaming.
I would not blame the republicans for not giving him any more money for the military because he would probably want to spend it on sex changes for transgenders or sensitivity training or giving Iran 400 million .

easytiger95

Alot of illegal immigrants coming over the Mexican border are from guetamala and El Salvador and countries like that but if u think more Mexicans are going back to Mexico than coming u are dreaming.
I would not blame the republicans for not giving him any more money for the military because he would probably want to spend it on sex changes for transgenders or sensitivity training or giving Iran 400 million .

Thanks for illustrating my point exactly Gmac. Facts are facts, no matter who spins them - that's what makes them facts. Which means when Donald says the US is being overrun by Mexicans (the spin) the facts ie the US is not being overrun with Mexicans - remain the same. And as for me dreaming - no, it's not me, I gave you a link from Pew Research, which is a highly reputable and non-partisan source. Yet you still deny it. Trumpus Erectus

I would not blame the republicans for not giving him any more money for the military because he would probably want to spend it on sex changes for transgenders or sensitivity training or giving Iran 400 million

Fantastically stupid - well done.

muppet

QuoteFacts are facts.

We really should divide the board up into age groups.

Possibly the most embarrassing post I've seen here.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on August 03, 2016, 04:34:18 PM
QuoteFacts are facts.

We really should divide the board up into age groups.

Possibly the most embarrassing post I've seen here.

f**k that is bad, brutal in fact.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

screenexile

A lot of reports today citing a possible Trump withdrawal. . . is it just rumour or is there an actual chance of this?

I'm presuming it's a withdrawal as Republican nominee to run as an independent and not a total withdrawal. That would be awesome Hillary can sit on the sofa until November chilling out with a big fat cigar  ;)