The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Its all over now for Cruz, no matter about Trump, it still could only be a good thing.

Speaking off Trump has totally lost the plot, can you imagine the shit he is gonna come out with to Clinton? This is gonna be hilarious.

On a side note...Dont really know much about the National Enquirer but Im miffed at how they can print the stuff they do without getting sued.  It isnt really supposed to be paradoy is it?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: J70 on May 04, 2016, 03:02:10 AM
Quote from: whitey on May 04, 2016, 02:00:24 AM
A PTA in suburban Boston cancelled an annual school trip to the Nutcracker just in case anyone was offended by the presence of a Christmas Tree on the stage. This country is gone absolutely stark raving mad trying to be politically correct and a lot of people (not just republicans) are sick to death of it. As offensive as I find much of what Trump has to say, I love the fact he could give 2 fvcks about what anyone thinks and says whatever he wants. I actually like Bernie but do t want to pay any more tax, I think John Kasich is undoubtedly the best candidate of either party, Hillary is competent but is a crook and a hypocrite, Ted Cruz is a wacko.  It's actually very sad

Really??

Assuming, for the sake of argument, that that actually happened as you say, Trump is not the cure for anything. He just sees PR, good or bad, as very valuable and he is so confident that there are enough rubes out there to embrace his idiotic pronouncements as some kind of substantive backlash against the supposed establishment that he will say literally anything.

The Oswald stuff was a new low, if that is possible, in a campaign where he has discussed his manhood in a televised debate, insulted a fellow female candidate's looks, talked about a tv pundit's menstrual goings' on, and embraced thuggish behaviour among his supporters and even campaign manager. Oh and revealed that his "very good brain" is his best source for foreign policy advice!

The man is an utter joke and its an appalling indictment of the Republican electorate that he is in the position he is in.

That is the scary part for the US. He's a train wreck but seems to be very popular amongst large sections of the US public. That says more about them than him.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on May 04, 2016, 03:14:30 AM
Quote from: dec on May 04, 2016, 03:09:12 AM
Quote from: whitey on May 04, 2016, 02:00:24 AM
A PTA in suburban Boston cancelled an annual school trip to the Nutcracker just in case anyone was offended by the presence of a Christmas Tree on the stage. This country is gone absolutely stark raving mad trying to be politically correct and a lot of people (not just republicans) are sick to death of it. As offensive as I find much of what Trump has to say, I love the fact he could give 2 fvcks about what anyone thinks and says whatever he wants. I actually like Bernie but do t want to pay any more tax, I think John Kasich is undoubtedly the best candidate of either party, Hillary is competent but is a crook and a hypocrite, Ted Cruz is a wacko.  It's actually very sad

What actually happened

http://www.whdh.com/story/27452774/belmont-school-reverses-decision-to-cancel-nutcracker-trip

I've never seen the Nutcracker.

What is the religious aspect to it?

There isn't one.....that's what is so infuriating about the fvckwits cancelling the trip. Somehow the presence of a "Christmas/Holiday Tree" may be offensive to someone who isnt Christian.....that's the warped logic we're dealing with here.

I had to laugh last night when Trump specifically made reference to "Happy Christmas" in his victory speech last night

seafoid

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 04, 2016, 07:18:10 AM
Its all over now for Cruz, no matter about Trump, it still could only be a good thing.

Speaking off Trump has totally lost the plot, can you imagine the shit he is gonna come out with to Clinton? This is gonna be hilarious.

On a side note...Dont really know much about the National Enquirer but Im miffed at how they can print the stuff they do without getting sued.  It isnt really supposed to be paradoy is it?
Trump needs to find some way to unify his working class resentful sick of the system support and the 20% of floating middleclass doing ok voters.
And he will not be able to do so 

screenexile

Quote from: seafoid on May 04, 2016, 10:39:58 AM

Trump needs to find some way to unify his working class resentful sick of the system support and the 20% of floating middleclass doing ok voters.

He might!!!

He's like a f**king chameleon and he'll say or do anything that will win him votes. . . He'll soften like f**k come the general to try and get undecideds and win over women again!

Cruz had a rant about him yesterday which was actually right on the money in terms of him believing what he says even though the majority is lies.

The danger is Trump isn't beholden to anyone and can change his mind/policies to suit his agenda of becoming President but you'd have to think the right minded people of America will have their say now and the circus will grind to a halt.... fingers crossed anyway!!

screenexile

Jesus I hadn't even seen this before I posted above. . . It's started already!!!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-makes-moves-for-the-hispanics

J70

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2016, 12:21:12 PM
Jesus I hadn't even seen this before I posted above. . . It's started already!!!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-makes-moves-for-the-hispanics

Jobs for "the blacks" and "the Hispanics", everyone loving one another.

That's inspirational stuff! That'll make people forget about "build the wall" and Mexican rapists.

AZOffaly

I was watching a documentary/bio pic there about the rise of Hitler. It is scary the parallels between the rhetoric. Now I'm not invoking Godwins Law, or claiming Trump plans genocide or anything, but the way he pitches his message is scarily similar to what Hitler did.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 04, 2016, 01:04:25 PM
I was watching a documentary/bio pic there about the rise of Hitler. It is scary the parallels between the rhetoric. Now I'm not invoking Godwins Law, or claiming Trump plans genocide or anything, but the way he pitches his message is scarily similar to what Hitler did.
AZ it is an economic crisis similar to the 30s. Blue collar americans have been shafted by the system and are sick of it.

GJL

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2016, 12:08:06 PM

He might!!!

He's like a f**king chameleon and he'll say or do anything that will win him votes. . . He'll soften like f**k come the general to try and get undecideds and win over women again!

Cruz had a rant about him yesterday which was actually right on the money in terms of him believing what he says even though the majority is lies.

The danger is Trump isn't beholden to anyone and can change his mind/policies to suit his agenda of becoming President but you'd have to think the right minded people of America will have their say now and the circus will grind to a halt.... fingers crossed anyway!!

Really?

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on May 04, 2016, 01:45:10 PM
AZ it is an economic crisis similar to the 30s. Blue collar americans have been shafted by the system and are sick of it.

Just like the Germans were.

AZ hit the nail on the head.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on May 04, 2016, 02:36:37 PM

Wealth and democracy by Kevin Phillips is the dog's bollocks.
He compares all the other bubbles in US history with this one.

He draws the parallels between 1870 to 1913 with 1980 to now

1. Corruption takes 15 years to become clear
2  next 15 years involve finance becoming all powerful while reform stops
3 the fourth decade sees popular resentment of money and demand for remedies beginning to gain the upper hand

It is an old film. Trump is not a new character. Neither is Bernie

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on May 04, 2016, 03:11:06 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 04, 2016, 02:36:37 PM

Wealth and democracy by Kevin Phillips is the dog's bollocks.
He compares all the other bubbles in US history with this one.

He draws the parallels between 1870 to 1913 with 1980 to now

1. Corruption takes 15 years to become clear
2  next 15 years involve finance becoming all powerful while reform stops
3 the fourth decade sees popular resentment of money and demand for remedies beginning to gain the upper hand

It is an old film. Trump is not a new character. Neither is Bernie

History has that habit alright.
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: GJL on May 04, 2016, 01:48:47 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2016, 12:08:06 PM

He might!!!

Really?

Maybe they need a PTG to bring them to their senses

seafoid

Re right thinking people

Adlai Stevenson in some election in the 50s was told he'd have the support of "all thinking people in the US".

"Yeah but I need a majority"