Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 28, 2016, 06:03:44 AM
Quote from: stew on April 27, 2016, 04:48:18 PM
... a liberal sc**bag like Trump ...

Sweet Jesus.

Follow his contribution money and what he was saying publically prior to 2013, it is  what it is, he is no republican but due to their incompetence he will grtbto run and lose to Clinton.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on April 27, 2016, 03:34:15 PM
Quote from: seafoid on April 27, 2016, 03:23:31 PM
The GOP cannot stop Trump running away with the voters. The poor Kochs had $1bn to spend on the right candidate and they don't have one. God love them. Whatever the GOP does now it is banjaxed.

Is there no chance of a contested convention now to get rid of Trump?
He has to get 1237 votes to avoid the convention

seafoid

Quote from: stew on April 28, 2016, 07:58:28 AM

Sweet Jesus.

Follow his contribution money and what he was saying publically prior to 2013, it is  what it is, he is no republican but due to their incompetence he will grtbto run and lose to Clinton.
Megyn Kelly was the only one with the balls to ask him how long he had been a Republican

LeoMc

Quote from: seafoid on April 28, 2016, 08:29:08 AM

Sweet Jesus.

Megyn Kelly was the only one with the balls to ask him how long he had been a Republican
Sure even the GOP leadership are no longer real Republicans. By that I mean they are not the Republicans of the New Deal, Eisenhower, small blue collar businesses and the American dream. That demographic no longer has a voice and they wrongly think Trump is giving them a voice.

johnneycool

How will Trump cosying up to the Russians play in the US?

screenexile

"I will be so good at the military your head will spin"

Yes I think after the foreign policy speech heads are spinning but not because he's so good!!

J70

Sweet Jesus.

You are being thoroughly disingenuous, especially as we have gone over this before. Trump freely admits that he pays whatever he has to to grease the wheels wherever he is operating. If that is NYC or Chicago or Atlantic City, it is Democrats. Other places it will be Republicans. It has nothing to do with political leanings and everything to do with access to power and influence.

And if his epiphany took place in 2013, why was he the head birther in 2010-12 and tweeting about stolen elections in 2012 and toying with a GOP run in 2011?

And far be it from me to defend the RNC, but how can his success be a signal of their incompetence in terms of running primaries? They didn't force working class whites to be hoodwinked by his bullshit. He is the logical end point of the track the GOP have been in for years, but particularly since 2009. They cultivated ignorance and resentment in their base, blaming immigrants, gays, scientists, liberals, minorities etc. etc. for all their troubles, real or perceived. This is where it's left them... With someone who knows perfectly how to harness all that anger and use it to his own ends, whether or not he really believes in it. It might have worked for Karl Rove in the 2000s, but the monster has outgrown them.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 28, 2016, 04:37:09 PM

Sweet Jesus.

You are being thoroughly disingenuous, especially as we have gone over this before. Trump freely admits that he pays whatever he has to to grease the wheels wherever he is operating. If that is NYC or Chicago or Atlantic City, it is Democrats. Other places it will be Republicans. It has nothing to do with political leanings and everything to do with access to power and influence.

And if his epiphany took place in 2013, why was he the head birther in 2010-12 and tweeting about stolen elections in 2012 and toying with a GOP run in 2011?

And far be it from me to defend the RNC, but how can his success be a signal of their incompetence in terms of running primaries? They didn't force working class whites to be hoodwinked by his bullshit. He is the logical end point of the track the GOP have been in for years, but particularly since 2009. They cultivated ignorance and resentment in their base, blaming immigrants, gays, scientists, liberals, minorities etc. etc. for all their troubles, real or perceived. This is where it's left them... With someone who knows perfectly how to harness all that anger and use it to his own ends, whether or not he really believes in it. It might have worked for Karl Rove in the 2000s, but the monster has outgrown them.
Trump won every county in Tuesday's 5 state sweep it can't just be all poor white people voting for him ?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on April 28, 2016, 07:12:10 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 28, 2016, 04:37:09 PM

Sweet Jesus.

Trump won every county in Tuesday's 5 state sweep it can't just be all poor white people voting for him ?

I didn't say "poor", I said "working class" although "blue collar" would probably be more correct. And, no, of course it's not just them, but they're a significant proportion.

whitey

Greenwich CT, once dubbed "the richest town in the richest state".....Hillary got 3200 votes, Donald Trump got 3000 votes.  Trump has wide appeal. Originally it was just assumed that a bunch of toothless trailer trash was voting for him, but that's not the case

http://patch.com/connecticut/greenwich/greenwich-presidential-primary-results-who-did-residents-vote-0

J70

This one is two months old, but it states that strongest predictor of being a Trump supporter is lack of a college education.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/who-are-donald-trumps-supporters-really/471714/

However, Trump could also be starting to pull in other groups now that the field is small and his likelihood of winning increases. Apparently Reagan was hitting 80% in the primaries towards the end in 1980.

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on April 28, 2016, 09:25:55 PM
Greenwich CT, once dubbed "the richest town in the richest state".....Hillary got 3200 votes, Donald Trump got 3000 votes.  Trump has wide appeal. Originally it was just assumed that a bunch of toothless trailer trash was voting for him, but that's not the case

http://patch.com/connecticut/greenwich/greenwich-presidential-primary-results-who-did-residents-vote-0

Whitey- if I remember you lived up and around there right? I worked there for a while and in my opinion, Greenwich is a strange auld town - something really off about it. You have a ferrari and a bentley dealer 100 yards from the train station where the homeless hangout. Some phenomenally wealthy folks but a few shitty areas too. I'm actually more surprised that Secretary Clinton got 3000 votes than at the Trump votes.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

maigheo

Overall in Conneciticut Clinton got 170,000 votes and Trump got 123,000 votes and the total vote for the Democrats was 320,000 to 200,000 for the Republicans.

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on April 28, 2016, 10:41:00 PM
Quote from: whitey on April 28, 2016, 09:25:55 PM

Whitey- if I remember you lived up and around there right? I worked there for a while and in my opinion, Greenwich is a strange auld town - something really off about it. You have a ferrari and a bentley dealer 100 yards from the train station where the homeless hangout. Some phenomenally wealthy folks but a few shitty areas too. I'm actually more surprised that Secretary Clinton got 3000 votes than at the Trump votes.

Good memory....I lived on another part of CT, but I spent a fair amount of time down in the Greenwich area. Not all of Greenwich is Ultra wealthy, but there's shag all poor people living there.

The blue collar area that abuts Port Chester, NY is called Byram, but your probably looking at shelling out $700 K for a house there today.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/10/28/realestate/living-in-byram-conn-map-says-greenwich-mood-says-port-chester.html?referer=

Regarding homeless people in Greenwich, I personally haven't seen any myself, and if you saw them at the train station, I'd guess they took the train from somewhere else to panhandle there.  Just for fun I google "homeless Greenwich", and the results bring up a list of all the homeless shelters nearby....just none are located in Greenwich

http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/cgi-bin/id/city.cgi?city=Old%20Greenwich&state=CT