The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 20, 2016, 10:26:56 PM
How many states do we have to go thtoigh before we have winners declared from both parties?
the 2 parties have conventions in June or July AFAIK

stew

July, so its strapon and Trump, no doubt about it, if I had a vote i would not bother my arse for either of these two lowlifes and a pox on any of you who would vote for Killory. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: stew on April 27, 2016, 07:25:49 AM
July, so its strapon and Trump, no doubt about it, if I had a vote i would not bother my arse for either of these two lowlifes and a pox on any of you who would vote for Killory. ;)

And those who would vote for Trump...?

stew

Quote from: J70 on April 27, 2016, 10:01:59 AM

Them too.

stew

Hillary for Prison in 2016.

Had a nice ring to it.

seafoid

The attack ads will be brutal. The US has a real end of empire feel to it

J70

Quote from: stew on April 27, 2016, 12:21:58 PM

Them too.

So the entire US electorate should stay home in November?

seafoid

The GOP cannot stop Trump running away with the voters. The poor Kochs had $1bn to spend on the right candidate and they don't have one. God love them. Whatever the GOP does now it is banjaxed.

screenexile

Quote from: seafoid on April 27, 2016, 03:23:31 PM
The GOP cannot stop Trump running away with the voters. The poor Kochs had $1bn to spend on the right candidate and they don't have one. God love them. Whatever the GOP does now it is banjaxed.

Is there no chance of a contested convention now to get rid of Trump?

stew

Not at all, what they need to do is ensure they get rid of Cruz and Kasich before the convention, suck it up and change the rules so that a liberal sc**bag like Trump never gets to run as a Republican again.

I think Paul Ryan will get the job done, I think they know they are fecked in 2016 but the Party will survive intact, they are going to be the minority in the supreme and they have a great shot owning Congress and the Senate.

No matter what happens, they need to work together as the people are sick of these leaders getting nothing done, Trump is an eejit but he has torn asunder the old boy network and people's expectations of their public servants.

Bernie needs to hang in there because Killory is still under investigation by the FBI.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: stew on April 27, 2016, 04:48:18 PM

Not at all, what they need to do is ensure they get rid of Cruz and Kasich before the convention, suck it up and change the rules so that a liberal sc**bag like Trump never gets to run as a Republican again.

I think Paul Ryan will get the job done, I think they know they are fecked in 2016 but the Party will survive intact, they are going to be the minority in the supreme and they have a great shot owning Congress and the Senate.

No matter what happens, they need to work together as the people are sick of these leaders getting nothing done, Trump is an eejit but he has torn asunder the old boy network and people's expectations of their public servants.

Bernie needs to hang in there because Killory is still under investigation by the FBI.
Paul Ryan won't work Stew. the GOP is finished until it deals with income inequality. The base are sick of the bullshit.

LeoMc

Quote from: J70 on April 27, 2016, 01:12:52 PM
Quote from: stew on April 27, 2016, 12:21:58 PM

Them too.

So the entire US electorate should stay home in November?
Spoil their vote or vote for one of the Alternatives on their state ballot.

J70

Quote from: stew on April 27, 2016, 04:48:18 PM

What rule change could prevent someone like Trump winning?

Are you suggesting they adopt the super delegate setup like the Democrats?

That will go down a treat in GOP base land! ;D

seafoid

If the GOP heads engineer a stitch up , Trump will go 3rd party and take the voters with him. Nobody wants to vote for tax cuts for billionaires and cuts to entitlements