The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: screenexile on March 15, 2016, 10:10:57 PM
I honestly think that when the Republican propaganda machine leaves it alone Obama will be remembered as one of the great Presidents!!

In 20\30 years time people will look back and realise what he's achieved!

:D you are some pup, the man will be remembered for being a complete disaster who wrecked the country financially and as a man who rode roughshod over the rights of the peopke, he will be remembered as the man who left the people worse off than he found them, he will be remembered as the President who saw a staggering rise in homeless citizens, I could go on but the man is a disaster as are you if you believe that stupid shot you wrote.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

Quote from: muppet on March 15, 2016, 10:26:13 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 15, 2016, 09:12:36 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 15, 2016, 08:29:03 PM
They are all sport related.

Trump is bringing it mainstream and bringing it everywhere.

Serious question, do they allow everyone take guns into Republican political rallies?

Eh....the chanting which so offended Declans friend occurred at a school basketball game. 

They can bring them into any political rally as long as the state and local laws allow it and you have a vaild permit. Some individual facilities may have a blanket ban though but its questionable if that would stand up if challenged in court

Didn't know that.

It will be interesting to see where Trump goes with his rhetoric. If he tones it down, fine. If he cranks it up, then it could get very messy.

I double checked on the guns and stand corrected........once a candidate gets Secret Service protection, open or concealed carry is no longer permitted at their events

muppet

Quote from: whitey on March 15, 2016, 10:56:05 PM

Serious question, do they allow everyone take guns into Republican political rallies?

Eh....the chanting which so offended Declans friend occurred at a school basketball game. 

They can bring them into any political rally as long as the state and local laws allow it and you have a vaild permit. Some individual facilities may have a blanket ban though but its questionable if that would stand up if challenged in court

Didn't know that.

It will be interesting to see where Trump goes with his rhetoric. If he tones it down, fine. If he cranks it up, then it could get very messy.

I double checked on the guns and stand corrected........once a candidate gets Secret Service protection, open or concealed carry is no longer permitted at their events

On one level that makes sense, but on another it is very much one law for important people and another for everyone else.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: stew on March 15, 2016, 10:51:46 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 15, 2016, 10:10:57 PM
I honestly think that when the Republican propaganda machine leaves it alone Obama will be remembered as one of the great Presidents!!

In 20\30 years time people will look back and realise what he's achieved!

:D you are some pup, the man will be remembered for being a complete disaster who wrecked the country financially and as a man who rode roughshod over the rights of the peopke, he will be remembered as the man who left the people worse off than he found them, he will be remembered as the President who saw a staggering rise in homeless citizens, I could go on but the man is a disaster as are you if you believe that stupid shot you wrote.

How is he to blame for the homeless situation or wrecking the country financially when he took office at the peak of the worst financial disaster, which actually occurred due to the subprime mortgage mess, for 80 years?

What did he not do that he should have or could have?

What rights did he ride roughshod over?

And seriously, compared to January 2009, what proportion of people are worse off?

J70

Quote from: stew on March 15, 2016, 05:03:16 AM
Quote from: J70 on March 15, 2016, 12:21:29 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 14, 2016, 05:41:34 PM
Quote from: stew on March 14, 2016, 10:03:48 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 14, 2016, 05:03:54 AM

Powell, now there is a lad who is a disgrace to the Republican oarty, a lifelong Republican suddenly, at the mere sight of a black men running for president decides that his best mate John McCain is not the man to earn his vote, it is the liberal from Illinois who gets his vote......That was a race move and he sold his principles because of the colour of Obama's skin, ergo he is as big a hypocrite as there is, I had a lot of respect for him at one point, now I have none and his opinion means Jack shit to me.

Would Powell have supported Hilary if she had the Democratic nomination in 2008?

He sold a party colleague down the river as he saw a chance to "change" politics - if he thought the democrats were more aligned with his own beliefs then surely he should have converted. But he didn't.

A very thin mask slipped when he backed the Kenyan lad who's biggest achievement was being a "community organizer".
No problem for Colin sticking the boot in to a decorated war hero. There's loyalty for you.

The same party who hung him out to dry at the UN and completely sidelined him in his role as Secretary of State in favour of the neoconservative Cheney/Rumsfeld axis (which worked out soooo well!)?

The same party who at the time of his endorsement of Obama had their candidate and running mate accusing Obama of "palling around with terrorists" and were plumbing the depths in bigoted, dog whistle appeals to "real" Americans even as an unprecedented financial crisis unfolded, about which McCain portrayed himself as completely unequipped to handle?

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about black people, never missing an opportunity to downplay prejudice they experience or accuse them themselves of racist attitudes.

Yawn, do you liberal arsewipes ever get tired of accusing people of racism? all I did was speak the truth about Powell and bang, you play the race card, I have no problem with people of color, i do have an issue with liberals that think the rules don't apply to them, I have a problem with looters and I give not one shire what color the looters are.

Lets see, Powell was a lifelong republican right up until Obama ran and then proof, he betrays his principles, his friends and votes, for the first time mind you, for Obama, a man who is everything he stood against his entire political career, does that not strike you as odd?

Unlike mealy mouthed gits like yourself i am not afraid to voice my opinion, it is ok you know to call people out when they are wrong, you just justify bad behavior because hey, the disruptors/ looters are liberals like yourself.

Didn't say a word to YOU stew about your attitude towards blacks. My response was NOT to your post.

And please point out WHERE or WHEN I justified bad behaviour by disruptors or looters?

It wasn't here anyway:

Quote from: J70 on March 13, 2016, 11:11:24 PM

Protest... absolutely. Getting on stage or fighting, absolutely not. That's what security and police is for. And that goes for liberal protestors as well as Trump supporters assaulting people.

As for you calling me a "mealy mouthed git", I'm sorry you feel that way, but given that this is not the first time you've misread my posts, I'll not worry too much about it.

J70

Quote from: stew on March 15, 2016, 07:48:36 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 15, 2016, 06:30:54 AM
For the benefit of anyone joining the conversation, "PC brigade" is a generic term used by conservatives to dismiss anyone who's not a racist, fascist, banjo-playing, right wing extremist yearning for the good old days of segregation and slavery.

The democrat party was the party of slavery was it not?

You are trolling with that crap but you are also dumb enough to believe that drivel you wrote.

Christ, do we HAVE to go over the 60s and the southern strategy AGAIN??  ::) ;D

J70

Quote from: muppet on March 15, 2016, 11:10:44 PM

Didn't know that.

On one level that makes sense, but on another it is very much one law for important people and another for everyone else.

Sometimes that is appropriate.

whitey

Quote from: muppet on March 15, 2016, 11:10:44 PM

Didn't know that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/11/open-carry-gun-protesters-will-greet-obama-in-texas/

But while gun-rights advocates might want to bring their firearms near the president, the Secret Service has invoked its authority under federal law to prevent that from happening. Hoback said in an email that Sections 3056 and 1752 of Title 18 in the U.S. Code give the agency the right to prevent "firearms from entering sites visited by" officials they are protecting, "including those located in open-carry states."

J70

Trump hammered Rubio in Florida. That should be the end for him.

J70

Eamonnca1

And are they outraged about this violation of their Second Amendment rights?

Eamonnca1

Heard a good one about Trump. Reminds me of an old boss I used to have. Since he made his money in real estate, it means he didn't have to do an awful lot of actual work to get rich. I know a few people like that in the states.

By all accounts he's a bit of an obsessive compulsive micromanager who's obsessed with his image in the media. He starts every day with a pile of newspapers with sticky notes dutifully put there by his assistant to bookmark any stories mentioning him. He'd been known to call senior people in his company to ask them to remove a piece of litter outside the building. When it comes to certain things like construction he refuses to delegate, insists on being in on the smallest of details, and they reckon he sees this "great wall of America" (to keep out the non-existent swarms of migrants) as just another construction job that he wants to get his teeth into.

He has a very thin skin and takes every criticism personally, which is why he surrounds himself with yes men. Since it's a private company, it's a flat organization, and hence he has no experience of running an actual large organization where you have to delegate.

When he says he is qualified to be President based on his business experience, that is factually, empirically incorrect.

DrinkingHarp

Just wondering, how many are eligible to vote?
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Eamonnca1