The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: foxcommander on September 18, 2015, 06:57:24 PM
All the liberals are sh*t scared of Trump and will do anything to try bring him down.

if the "liberals" had any sense they would encourage Trump, as he doesn't exactly appeal to the crossover voter, whereas some of the other Republicans have some credibility.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

omaghjoe

Quote from: The Iceman on September 18, 2015, 09:30:51 PM
Quote from: muppet on September 18, 2015, 09:20:59 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on September 18, 2015, 09:19:00 PM
Quote from: dec on September 18, 2015, 09:07:05 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on September 18, 2015, 08:46:28 PM
3rd term for Obama is on the cards I would say

Except the US Constitution prevents third terms.
since when has that stopped him....

Yea, shur what harm if he gets Putin again?
Might get a call from Elton John about leaving Russia....

Oh Nikita you will never know....

omaghjoe

Trump doesnt have a chance for the nomination and for the presidency even less, even Hillary (the Santa Clause) Clinton would wipe the floor with him. Those that relate to him are angry white males and just like him and are total simpletons, there's plenty around tho and thats where his popularity comes from but there isnt anywhere near enough of them to win him anything.

All else aside Trump is great entertainment, showing politics up to be the farce it is. A silly, popularity, contest

He makes all the rest of them seems very sensible. Bush for example seems like a great well leveled guy after his recent spat with Trump.
I was starting to sorta like him, then the wife was telling me he wants to put Maggie Thatcher on the $10 note! :o A wee reminder that its politics not about personalities its about politics.

Canalman

Jeb Bush will get GOP nomination in a canter at the end.

Think  HC will not have it all her own way in getting DP nod. Someone from leftfield is going to give her some fright and may swipe it from her Obamalike.

J70

There is NO ONE on the Democratic side to take the nomination from Clinton, except in the highly unlikely event that some criminal charges arise out of these emails and she has to withdraw. The Democratic line-up is exceptionally poor this time out, possibly because no one wants to waste their time going up against Hillary and the Clinton machine. Obama was different due to his charisma and freshness. Clinton will get it because there is no other viable option.

The GOP has plenty of numbers, but outside of maybe Kasich and Bush, they're a bunch of no-hopers for the general election who are falling over themselves to court the crazy right wing base. That's why the party leaders are desperate for Trump to implode.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 19, 2015, 04:43:02 PM
There is NO ONE on the Democratic side to take the nomination from Clinton, except in the highly unlikely event that some criminal charges arise out of these emails and she has to withdraw. The Democratic line-up is exceptionally poor this time out, possibly because no one wants to waste their time going up against Hillary and the Clinton machine. Obama was different due to his charisma and freshness. Clinton will get it because there is no other viable option.

The GOP has plenty of numbers, but outside of maybe Kasich and Bush, they're a bunch of no-hopers for the general election who are falling over themselves to court the crazy right wing base. That's why the party leaders are desperate for Trump to implode.

A month ago I would hav agreed with yu, but now I'm not so sure

http://www.businessinsider.com/poll-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-matchup-2015-9

Eamonnca1

Liberals love Trump. The more he talks the more damage he does to the GOP.

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 19, 2015, 05:50:32 PM

I think Hillary testifies under oath at the end of October.

First Democratic debate is also in October. 

If one or other doesn't go well she could be toast.

Lets assume she's out-who carries the torch for the Dems.....Biden or Sanders??????

J70

She will stroll through the debates. Whatever else, she is smart as hell and knows her shit.

And unless something unbelievable comes out of the deleted emails, like she really did cut the ambassador to Libya loose, she will ride that out too.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on September 19, 2015, 08:18:12 PM

Lets assume she's out-who carries the torch for the Dems.....Biden or Sanders??????

I was hoping Cory Booker would run, but I'm not seeing much sign of it.

Gerry Brown's a bit old and I get the impression he's more interested in finishing out his term as California governor.

Gavin Newsom would be great but he still has to get a term or two as California governor under his belt before he can make a credible run.

Much as I like Sanders I have my doubts about his electability.

I'm no fan of Clinton, and I'm a bit disappointed that she's the front runner for the dems. She's got so many skeletons in the closet and out of it that there's a real chance she could blow the general election and let one of those racist, xenophobic, religious fundamentalist, anti-intellectual conservative sh*tbags in, which would be a catastrophe for the country and for the world. That could lead to another calamitous GW Bush type presidency, and if that happens then God help us.

I wish a Democrat closer to the center than Sanders and with less baggage than Clinton would have a go. But who is there?

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 20, 2015, 05:59:34 AM

Gerry Brown's a bit old and I get the impression he's more interested in finishing out his term as California governor.

Gavin Newsom would be great but he still has to get a term or two as California governor under his belt before he can make a credible run.

I'm no fan of Clinton, and I'm a bit disappointed that she's the front runner for the dems. She's got so many skeletons in the closet and out of it that there's a real chance she could blow the general election and let one of those racist, xenophobic, religious fundamentalist, anti-intellectual conservative sh*tbags in, which would be a catastrophe for the country and for the world. That could lead to another calamitous GW Bush type presidency, and if that happens then God help us.

I wish a Democrat closer to the center than Sanders and with less baggage than Clinton would have a go. But who is there?

Jesse Jackson could have another go. Or Kanye West.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Cory Booker has lost a bit of his sheen over the past year or so with a few stories out of Newark.

Newsome is definitely a future contender if he moves up the ranks in CA. Can't believe he was married to one of those Fox News hairdos though!

The Democratic field is rather sad overall,  but at least Hillary will be a formidable, if seriously flawed candidate.

muppet

Stew won't agree, but whoever is behind Obama's foreign policy is a genius!  :D

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34479873

Four Russian cruise missiles fired at Syria from the Caspian Sea landed on Iran, unnamed US officials say
This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: foxcommander on September 21, 2015, 08:42:20 PM

Jesse Jackson could have another go. Or Kanye West.

Eamo  you talk some shite, the most educated man running is a former Surgeon, he is a class act from head to toe, another thing, there are plenty of shitbags running on the looney left, not the least of which is that kn**ker Clinton.

Looney lefties/communists are just as dangerous as the far right wing nuts, and not believing in killing babies in the womb does not a bad man make!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

give her dixie

On Monday Donald Trump met in New York City with several evangelicals, televangelists and a Jews for Jesus rabbi. 

Nuts, just nuts.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk4c2uoOF3o
next stop, September 10, for number 4......