The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/13/world/middleeast/reporting-from-iran-jewish-paper-sees-no-plot-to-destroy-israel.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

"I was repeatedly struck by the willingness of Iranians to offer sharp, even withering criticisms of their government on the record, sometimes even to be videotaped doing so," Mr. Cohler-Esses wrote.

He added that members of Iran's Jewish population of 9,000 to 20,000 people, "depending on whom you talk to," were also unafraid to complain about discriminatory laws that restrict their ability to work in the government.

He described them as "basically well-protected second-class citizens — a broadly prosperous, largely middle-class community whose members have no hesitation about walking down the streets of Tehran wearing yarmulkes."

Iran's government, he wrote, "makes a rigid distinction between hostility to 'the Zionist entity' and respect for followers of Judaism."
MWWSI 2017

J70

Not a good week for Trump, with his poor performance at the debate and other venues when required to come up with policy specifics.

Even worse as of yesterday (at least in general election terms).

Donald J. Trump is not often criticized for remaining silent, but on Friday, other presidential candidates rebuked him for not correcting an apparent supporter who said Barack Obama was a Muslim who was not born in America.

At a town hall event held on Thursday evening in Rochester, N.H., Mr. Trump took the man's question, which began with the statement: "We have a problem in this country. It's called Muslims."

The audience member continued, "We know our current president is one." And as Mr. Trump responded, perhaps reflexively, "Right," the man added, "You know he's not even an American."

Mr. Trump, in a statement released late Thursday through a spokeswoman, defended his decision not to correct the man. "The media wants to make this issue about Obama," Mr. Trump said in the statement. "The bigger issue is that Obama is waging a war against Christians in this country. Christians need support in this country. Their religious liberty is at stake."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/us/politics/donald-trump-obama-muslim.html?_r=0

So, 1. Trump allows some mouth breather's insane rantings on Muslims and Obama to go unchallenged.
2. He claims "Obama is waging a war against Christians in this country".

Those poor, persecuted Christians in America!! ;D

PLEASE LET HIM WIN THE NOMINATION!! PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!! ;D

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2015, 05:47:08 PM
Not a good week for Trump, with his poor performance at the debate and other venues when required to come up with policy specifics.

Donald J. Trump is not often criticized for remaining silent, but on Friday, other presidential candidates rebuked him for not correcting an apparent supporter who said Barack Obama was a Muslim who was not born in America.

At a town hall event held on Thursday evening in Rochester, N.H., Mr. Trump took the man's question, which began with the statement: "We have a problem in this country. It's called Muslims."

The audience member continued, "We know our current president is one." And as Mr. Trump responded, perhaps reflexively, "Right," the man added, "You know he's not even an American."

Mr. Trump, in a statement released late Thursday through a spokeswoman, defended his decision not to correct the man. "The media wants to make this issue about Obama," Mr. Trump said in the statement. "The bigger issue is that Obama is waging a war against Christians in this country. Christians need support in this country. Their religious liberty is at stake."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/us/politics/donald-trump-obama-muslim.html?_r=0

So, 1. Trump allows some mouth breather's insane rantings on Muslims and Obama to go unchallenged.

Sure Barack Hussein Obama wasn't even born in the USA. From 2004..

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on September 18, 2015, 06:12:42 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2015, 05:47:08 PM

Sure Barack Hussein Obama wasn't even born in the USA. From 2004..

Well there you have it... conclusive proof at last!!!

(There is a Snopes piece on that article BTW, in case you are serious! )

foxcommander

All the liberals are sh*t scared of Trump and will do anything to try bring him down.
CNN are certainly doing their best to blacken his campaign.

After 8 years of having a terrible president the people have woken up and demand someone who looks after their interests.

dec

The only thing that Trump is interested in looking after is himself.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on September 18, 2015, 06:57:24 PM
All the liberals are sh*t scared of Trump and will do anything to try bring him down.

After 8 years of having a terrible president the people have woken up and demand someone who looks after their interests.

I just said I'm virtually praying that he gets the nomination!!

Trump has been getting blanket coverage because of the shite he is spouting, in a calculated manner,  in my opinion. When challenged by serious questions (is Hugh Hewitt a liberal? ?), he cries foul because he can't answer.

I think Obama has done a decent job overall. Was worried for first two years or so,  but he found some balls (or came to his senses about the GOP) eventually!

The Iceman

Quote from: J70 on September 18, 2015, 07:11:59 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 18, 2015, 06:57:24 PM

I just said I'm virtually praying that he gets the nomination!!

Trump has been getting blanket coverage because of the shite he is spouting, in a calculated manner,  in my opinion. When challenged by serious questions (is Hugh Hewitt a liberal? ?), he cries foul because he can't answer.

I think Obama has done a decent job overall. Was worried for first two years or so,  but he found some balls (or came to his senses about the GOP) eventually!

Trump would be a pure disaster. To see it all unfold is pure madness. People actually like him and are falling for the shite he spouts.
For me it's the weakest race on both sides to that I've been alive for and interested in. 3rd term for Obama is on the cards I would say
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

dec

Quote from: The Iceman on September 18, 2015, 08:46:28 PM
3rd term for Obama is on the cards I would say

Except the US Constitution prevents third terms.

Gmac

Who would be a good candidate Hillary proven liar untrustworthy
Bernie Saunders never be elected
Biden to close to Obama bit of  a clown could say anything
The republicans have way too many runners think we could see another bush

foxcommander

Quote from: Gmac on September 18, 2015, 09:13:23 PM
Who would be a good candidate Hillary proven liar untrustworthy
Bernie Saunders never be elected
Biden to close to Obama bit of  a clown could say anything
The republicans have way too many runners think we could see another bush

Sophia Bush hopefully.

The Iceman

Quote from: dec on September 18, 2015, 09:07:05 PM

since when has that stopped him....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on September 18, 2015, 09:19:00 PM

Yea, shur what harm if he gets Putin again?
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Quote from: muppet on September 18, 2015, 09:20:59 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on September 18, 2015, 09:19:00 PM

Yea, shur what harm if he gets Putin again?
Might get a call from Elton John about leaving Russia....