The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 01, 2015, 05:46:00 AM
Quote from: whitey on December 31, 2014, 11:34:15 PM
LOL...believe what you want......

If what you say is true, care to explain what happened in the 2014 midterms and gubernatorial races?

The term Democratic wipeout springs to mind!

Only too happy to oblige. Democratic voters tend to not vote in big numbers in midterm elections. It'll be a different story in 2016.

The term Republican wipeout springs to mind!

Hmmm....true to an extent , but absolutely not the whole story

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/10/voter-turnout_n_6132548.html

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 01, 2015, 05:53:54 AM
But the biggest problem with American cops and their shoot-to-kill policy is the the racial aspect of it. A white man can reach into his pocket for his license and think nothing of it. A black man is taking his life in his hands if he does the same thing.

I call bullshit. It's how you act. Chris Rock wasn't far off the mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

Disappointing how you get hysterical and try turn this into a race issue. Same should apply across the board if you're breaking the law.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Eamonnca1

Yes. How dare I turn a race issue into a race issue.

Eamonnca1

So black people aren't subject to harsher treatment by cops than white people?

Spoken like a white man.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on January 01, 2015, 01:57:05 PM
Ehhhh.....maybe he didnt resist arrest on the other 30 occasions???

Ehhhh.... so if someone resists arrest then the only way to arrest them is to choke them to death?

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 01, 2015, 09:17:46 PM

Spoken like a white man.

no .....poor people are subject to harsher treatment by cops than wealthy people

Think someone from Finglas or Ballymun get the same treatment as someone from Foxrock???

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 01, 2015, 09:18:35 PM
Quote from: whitey on January 01, 2015, 01:57:05 PM
Ehhhh.....maybe he didnt resist arrest on the other 30 occasions???

Ehhhh.... so if someone resists arrest then the only way to arrest them is to choke them to death?

Supervising sergeant of the arrest was an African American female officer.

Maybe you should ask her!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: whitey on January 01, 2015, 09:44:15 PM

Spoken like a white man.

no .....poor people are subject to harsher treatment by cops than wealthy people

Think someone from Finglas or Ballymun get the same treatment as someone from Foxrock???

Right. And the civil war was about states' rights and not slavery at all. Honest, guv.

seafoid

Spoken like a white man.

Ferguson has lower than expected tax revenues due to ongoing US deflation and bridges the gap via traffic fines. 2.6 million in 2014 and most are imposed without justification on non whites according to the FT.
The US is a mess. God bless it.

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on January 01, 2015, 10:52:05 PM

Spoken like a white man.

Ferguson has lower than expected tax revenues due to ongoing US deflation and bridges the gap via traffic fines. 2.6 million in 2014 and most are imposed without justification on non whites according to the FT.
The US is a mess. God bless it.

Thanks for posting that

A town with 67% African American population elects a white mayor in an election where only 12% of the population bothers to vote. Maybe were getting close to the root of the issue

muppet

Quote from: whitey on December 31, 2014, 11:56:13 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 28, 2014, 03:48:17 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 28, 2014, 12:18:51 PM
http://heyjackass.com/category/2014-chicago-crime-murder-stats/

YAWWWWWNNNNN........

Finally. An far right-wing blog was the source, not a newspaper as you originally claimed.

Interesting site that. It got website of the week on http://weaponsman.com/?p=9505 no less.

But if you blow up the picture you can see the types of homicide, including 'police homicide'. The ones with the black dots are police homicides.

Saying no one has mentioned the other murders last week is nothing more than a straw man argument and is irrelevant to the debate. It would be the same as me saying 'not pointing at all the other police homicides proves we are not cop haters'. Each case is unique and must be assessed individually, which is what an investigation and a court case would de, if they were allowed to happen.

But it is very obvious that those saying it is ok to shoot unarmed black men have to base their arguments gimmicks such as faux outrage at the lack of outrage regarding some other outrage. No one is fooled by this stuff.

Hi Muppett...first of all Happy New Year...all the best to you and yours

As were coming close to the end of the month I have some updated stats for you.....I hope the source is to your liking..... http://homicides.redeyechicago.com/date/2014/12/

Maybe your pal Rev Al can organize a protest March........oh wait.......hes currently under investigation for owing the IRS $4M......we need those 1 percenters to pay their fair share and all that

Yes, er Happy New Year.

But why refer to 'Rev Al' as my pal? I have never quoted him in anything. I know little or nothing about him. Do you need him to be my friend to argue with me?
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: whitey on December 31, 2014, 11:56:13 PM
Maybe your pal Rev Al can organize a protest March........oh wait.......hes currently under investigation for owing the IRS $4M......we need those 1 percenters to pay their fair share and all that

With the Garner family bringing a civil case of $70 million against the state you have to wonder why the Rev gets involved.
I'm sure there will be a case from the Brown family in the near future too.

If he gets a % it could solve a few issues for him financially. But surely he's not in this game for the money and power ;)

heganboy

Sitting with a beer reading foxcommander and whitey whilst watching the second bowl game. While the game is entertaining it has nothing on you two. Please keep your insight and revelations coming. I am learning soooooo much.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

foxcommander

Quote from: heganboy on January 02, 2015, 05:05:43 AM
Sitting with a beer reading foxcommander and whitey whilst watching the second bowl game. While the game is entertaining it has nothing on you two. Please keep your insight and revelations coming. I am learning soooooo much.

Glad to be of service  :)
Happy new year!