Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: whitey on December 28, 2014, 04:43:32 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 28, 2014, 03:48:17 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 28, 2014, 12:18:51 PM
http://heyjackass.com/category/2014-chicago-crime-murder-stats/

YAWWWWWNNNNN........

Finally. An far right-wing blog was the source, not a newspaper as you originally claimed.

Interesting site that. It got website of the week on http://weaponsman.com/?p=9505 no less.

But if you blow up the picture you can see the types of homicide, including 'police homicide'. The ones with the black dots are police homicides.

Saying no one has mentioned the other murders last week is nothing more than a straw man argument and is irrelevant to the debate. It would be the same as me saying 'not pointing at all the other police homicides proves we are not cop haters'. Each case is unique and must be assessed individually, which is what an investigation and a court case would de, if they were allowed to happen.

But it is very obvious that those saying it is ok to shoot unarmed black men have to base their arguments gimmicks such as faux outrage at the lack of outrage regarding some other outrage. No one is fooled by this stuff.

Address the black on black murders and stop changing the subject. Doesn't matter where I got them. Whether it's 10,11 or 12 it's a bloody disgrace and the silence from the black leDership is deafening

Easier to. Lame the cops than take responsibility

That isn't the subject.

The recent cases of police killing unarmed blacks is the subject. You can't discuss those cases so you are the one trying to change the subject.

Blaming the cops for strangling an unarmed Eric Garner is not the same thing as blaming the cops for everything, or being a cop hater. This is blatantly obvious to any sane person, but to support your defence of the cop who killed Garner you need to talk about something else. Fox News style. Change the subject and rant angrily about some straw man argument.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on December 28, 2014, 05:17:18 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 28, 2014, 04:43:32 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 28, 2014, 03:48:17 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 28, 2014, 12:18:51 PM
http://heyjackass.com/category/2014-chicago-crime-murder-stats/

YAWWWWWNNNNN........

Finally. An far right-wing blog was the source, not a newspaper as you originally claimed.

Interesting site that. It got website of the week on http://weaponsman.com/?p=9505 no less.

But if you blow up the picture you can see the types of homicide, including 'police homicide'. The ones with the black dots are police homicides.

Saying no one has mentioned the other murders last week is nothing more than a straw man argument and is irrelevant to the debate. It would be the same as me saying 'not pointing at all the other police homicides proves we are not cop haters'. Each case is unique and must be assessed individually, which is what an investigation and a court case would de, if they were allowed to happen.

But it is very obvious that those saying it is ok to shoot unarmed black men have to base their arguments gimmicks such as faux outrage at the lack of outrage regarding some other outrage. No one is fooled by this stuff.

Address the black on black murders and stop changing the subject. Doesn't matter where I got them. Whether it's 10,11 or 12 it's a bloody disgrace and the silence from the black leDership is deafening

Easier to. Lame the cops than take responsibility

That isn't the subject.

The recent cases of police killing unarmed blacks is the subject. You can't discuss those cases so you are the one trying to change the subject.

Blaming the cops for strangling an unarmed Eric Garner is not the same thing as blaming the cops for everything, or being a cop hater. This is blatantly obvious to any sane person, but to support your defence of the cop who killed Garner you need to talk about something else. Fox News style. Change the subject and rant angrily about some straw man argument.

Thanks.... So you have nothing to say on the topic apart from changing the subject-LOL

muppet

Another silly gimmick.

Well it is pantomime season.
MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

People who compare Fox News to CNN are like people who compare the Orange Order to the GAA. Not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison.

heganboy

it did take me a while and I did bite a few times, but Whitey and Foxcommander are actually hilarious. I'm not sure about the "on purpose" nature of the comedy, but if you step back and read their posts, it puts a smile on your face. The added bonus is that it gives you that smug, "there but for the grace of God" feeling.

I'm rather looking forward to some of our posters internal conflicts manifesting when Pope Francis releases the cyclical on Global warming, and the duties and obligations of Catholics in that regard. The Irish Americans will be clean fucked.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on December 28, 2014, 06:48:29 PM
it did take me a while and I did bite a few times, but Whitey and Foxcommander are actually hilarious. I'm not sure about the "on purpose" nature of the comedy, but if you step back and read their posts, it puts a smile on your face. The added bonus is that it gives you that smug, "there but for the grace of God" feeling.

I'm rather looking forward to some of our posters internal conflicts manifesting when Pope Francis releases the cyclical on Global warming, and the duties and obligations of Catholics in that regard. The Irish Americans will be clean fucked.

Good man Heagenboy......glad to see you made it through the Christmas. 

Why don't we have some of our New York based posters give their first hand experiences of the NYPD.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/23/three-cheers-for-the-nypd/

Eamonnca1

gallsman

Quote from: whitey on December 28, 2014, 07:01:21 PM

Why don't we have some of our New York based posters give their first hand experiences of the NYPD.

"We support the cops. Unequivocally."

See, that's the kind of blinkered attitude that gets people in trouble.

foxcommander

Quote from: J70 on December 28, 2014, 05:03:49 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 28, 2014, 02:42:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 28, 2014, 06:55:41 AM
But they are both football clubs.

CNN is a TV channel, Fox News is a medium to persuade stupid people that they should give money to rich people to protect them.

And tv stations have followers, just like political parties and football teams. I presume you were being deliberately ignorant there.
CNN is liberal claptrap which dedicates programming to some very narrow subjects (basically minorities bitching about not getting enough money and trying to stick a guilt trip to America. You know, the same tactic that elected the president).  That's certainly not TV for all.

I don't watch CNN with any regularity, so perhaps you could list some of these programmes they apparently saturate their schedule with. I was under the impression that they were just wall-to-wall hype/overkill of whatever the story of the day is, whether it is missing or downed airliners, weather disasters, Ebola, the elections etc.

I voted for Obama twice. I know quite a few people who did likewise.

Not once has minorities bitching about getting money and trying to guilt trip America come up in conversation.

To be honest, I generally vote defensively i.e. against the anti-intellectualism, anti-science, bigotry, homophobia, anti-environmentalism etc. of the national GOP.

Maybe you havent got your contacts in but you obviously haven't watched CNN then. The pro-Obama slant is fairly noticeable. You must not have watched their election coverage, O'Briens "in America" series or the "history month" series. Guilt trips no?

The anchor I mentioned before...well guess what I found. Can you now concede that CNN isn't just fluff at airport lounges?
It has an agenda.

If you don't know who he is then you certainly haven't watched CNN.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Smug. That's a great word to use to sum up the liberal PC brigade.
Glad you enjoy my posts. Maybe you'll see the light eventually.

foxcommander

I'm still waiting for our liberal pals on here to admit Sharpton and Di Blasio have caused problems for the police forces in the US with their words.
any time soon lads?

muppet

Quote from: foxcommander on December 29, 2014, 05:42:06 AM

I'm still waiting for our liberal pals on here to admit Sharpton and Di Blasio have caused problems for the police forces in the US with their words.
any time soon lads?

With their words?

Have the killings of unarmed men with bullets and Eric Garner's strangulation not 'caused problems for the police forces in the US'?

How come people like you can't say that some of these cops f*cked up? 

MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on December 29, 2014, 05:42:06 AM

any time soon lads?

DeBlasio did f**k all wrong. The behaviour of the police unions towards him is nothing short of a disgrace, but they go through the same shit with every mayor, Democrat or Republican. That Pat Lynch is a lowlife thug.

And you have failed to prove anything with respect to Sharpton being the cause of problems between the police and the black community.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on December 29, 2014, 04:51:42 AM
Quote from: J70 on December 28, 2014, 05:03:49 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on December 28, 2014, 02:42:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on December 28, 2014, 06:55:41 AM
But they are both football clubs.

CNN is a TV channel, Fox News is a medium to persuade stupid people that they should give money to rich people to protect them.

And tv stations have followers, just like political parties and football teams. I presume you were being deliberately ignorant there.
CNN is liberal claptrap which dedicates programming to some very narrow subjects (basically minorities bitching about not getting enough money and trying to stick a guilt trip to America. You know, the same tactic that elected the president).  That's certainly not TV for all.

I don't watch CNN with any regularity, so perhaps you could list some of these programmes they apparently saturate their schedule with. I was under the impression that they were just wall-to-wall hype/overkill of whatever the story of the day is, whether it is missing or downed airliners, weather disasters, Ebola, the elections etc.

I voted for Obama twice. I know quite a few people who did likewise.

Not once has minorities bitching about getting money and trying to guilt trip America come up in conversation.

To be honest, I generally vote defensively i.e. against the anti-intellectualism, anti-science, bigotry, homophobia, anti-environmentalism etc. of the national GOP.

Maybe you havent got your contacts in but you obviously haven't watched CNN then. The pro-Obama slant is fairly noticeable. You must not have watched their election coverage, O'Briens "in America" series or the "history month" series. Guilt trips no?

The anchor I mentioned before...well guess what I found. Can you now concede that CNN isn't just fluff at airport lounges?
It has an agenda.

If you don't know who he is then you certainly haven't watched CNN.

Listen, just because they don't align with Fox News does not make them biased. And what the hell has Black History month got to do with a political agenda? Does it make diddums sad and guilt-ridden to see the contributions of blacks in US history recognized? Or are you like a hardline northern Unionist, who sees any recognition of catholics and the harm done to them over the decades as a betrayal and sellout of Protestants?

Like I said, I rarely watch CNN. I have obviously seen it however, indeed usually in an airport, but often because my mother is an avid viewer. I have never seen anything even approaching the spin and bias that Fox put on everything. Rigor mortis had yet to set in on those two unfortunate cops last week when the Fox hair-do of that hour was blaming DeBlasio and Sharpton. Anderson Cooper and Wolf Blitzer, two of their biggest stars, are nothing like O'Reilly or Hannity or Van Susteren or The Five etc. etc. Although I suppose Anderson Cooper must be biased because he is gay...

J70

I've personally had no problems with the cops in any interactions I've had. I know a few cops as well, and they're all sound men.

But, I'm white. I've got a white family. I live in a mostly white neighbourhood. I'm not likely to be pulled over and stopped when driving  or walking down the street just based on my skin colour. I'm not likely to meet one in the stairwell of a public housing building and be viewed with suspicion, based purely on my skin colour.

BTW, the Post's editorial is the first I've heard of the Eric Garner video being edited to cast the cops in a poor light. I don't see what extenuating circumstances there could be for the way they treated him.

And for those who don't know, the Post is the NYC equivalent of the Sun (without the tits and ass). Also owned by Murdoch.