Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 06, 2012, 03:13:29 PM
Quote from: stew on November 06, 2012, 03:07:17 PM
Quote from: Declan on November 06, 2012, 07:49:30 AM
Too close to call? This guy knows why hes voting for GOP though

Enjoyed this - http://www.youtube.com/embed/EDxOSjgl5Z4

Deccy, there are always idiots like that clown in the t shirt, thanks for only showing the republican wans.

Clowns like you ignore the crippling debt, the unemployment numbers, the weak economy despite the spending  and the fact that he has been a horrendous President!

And with respect stew, you seem to conviently miss the fact that this is a factor which is crippling the majority of countries in the developed world due to the world wide economic instability, but hey why factor that into an argument when you can have a Barack barrack!

I am talking about the US economy, this man has added 6 trillion in new debt, unemployment is 7.9%, 46 million people are on food stamps, a far higher number than when he took office, he made promises on all of these issues and in every instance he failed.

How anybody can make the argument BO has done a good job is beyond me, he has been dire and i hope the electorate send a message tonight and vote this amadan out of office!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

brokencrossbar1

stew, that is all refelective of what is happenong world wide, if you somehow think that the States works in a world wide vacuum then that is fine but it is simply suffering just the same as nearly every country in the world. 

Declan

QuoteClowns like you ignore the crippling debt, the unemployment numbers, the weak economy despite the spending  and the fact that he has been a horrendous President!

If I was American I'd have problems with Obama's record on a lot of stuff but you call me a clown whilst willfully ignoring the well documented lies that Romney has told and also the fact that any sane person can see that the GOP inexorable drift to the loony side has pushed America to the brink of complete and utter breakdown.
Every available statistic has shown that the deepening polarisation in American politics is linked to the increasing inequality and the fact that the top 1% now effectively control 20% of the income. As the wealth gap increased, and voters became more polarised, the Republicans moved away from policies aimed at redistributing wealth and focused instead on cutting taxes and slashing regulation. 

I think it's a poor choice myself but on any objective analysis of the figures and in the context of the global depression I think Obama would be 10 times better than Mitt. Most of the world tends to agree with this if the MSN poll is anything to go by - except China interestingly though they have more invested in Romney than any other country  given his track record in sending American jobs there ;)

Anyway either way we can't really lecture anyone on electing idiots now can we?

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

deiseach

There's a simple argument for Barack Obama - the alternative would have been far worse. Can you imagine an America where there was no auto bailout, no FEMA, tax cuts for the very wealthy, slashing of welfare roles in a time of rampant unemployment, the gutting of Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, expansion of policies permitting torture and war with Iran? I have no problem imagining all those things under a Romney presidency, and that's before you consider the Kulturkampf against women, Muslims, blacks, gays and Latinos. I like America, and it's because I want to carry on liking it that I'm rooting for Obama.

southdown

How does MR plan to turn around the economy?

dec

Quote from: stew on November 06, 2012, 03:19:43 PM
I am talking about the US economy, this man has added 6 trillion in new debt, unemployment is 7.9%, 46 million people are on food stamps, a far higher number than when he took office, he made promises on all of these issues and in every instance he failed.

The budget deficit in Bush's last budget was about 1.2 trillion and had risen rapidly. For FY 2013 the deficit is about 0.9 trillion and falling.

When Obama took office unemployment was 7.8% and rising rapidly, it ended up at 10%. It is now 7.9% and falling.

The major increase in food stamps is mostly due to the expansion of the program from the 2008 Farm Bill which Bush signed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food,_Conservation,_and_Energy_Act_of_2008

Hardy

I know it's early but are there exit polls yet? I ask because Romney's price is shortening on Betfair. 5.6 this afternoon, 4.1 now. Obama out from 1.2 to 1.32.

dec

Quote from: Hardy on November 06, 2012, 07:06:15 PM
I know it's early but are there exit polls yet? I ask because Romney's price is shortening on Betfair. 5.6 this afternoon, 4.1 now. Obama out from 1.2 to 1.32.

Certainly no official exit polls but the campaigns would be conducting their own and also monitoring turnout, so if the turnout is better in Republican areas or the early numbers are favouring Romney then that information would probably leak to someone.

dec

In previous elections Drudge has leaked early exit poll numbers but they proved to be fairly random.

The Iceman

Seen a good one today:
1.4 Billion Asian-americans are awkwardly celebrating ERECTION DAY  ;D
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

tyssam5

Quote from: stew on November 06, 2012, 03:13:52 PM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on November 06, 2012, 08:10:54 AM
Obama has it in the bag.
Any pundit who claims it's too close to call should be sacked.
He is ahead in more than enough swing states.
There aren't enough backward, redneck states to get Romney into  the White House.

Congratulations, you are now calling for the heads of practically every pundit in the country as both sides are saying it is close.

Emperor, if you think only redneck, backward people vote for Romney you sir, are an idiot, and a lazy one at that.

The backward, redneck people of Wall Street are all about voting Romney, why? because they realize that the prex has no idea what the fcuk he is doing with the economy and Romney does, that's why!

Stew, not sure if you have noticed, but Wall Street has been doing a less than awesome job of late.

I'm calling this one for Obama BTW it's done.

AZOffaly

seafoid

Quote from: dec on November 06, 2012, 04:24:16 PM
Quote from: stew on November 06, 2012, 03:19:43 PM

The budget deficit in Bush's last budget was about 1.2 trillion and had risen rapidly. For FY 2013 the deficit is about 0.9 trillion and falling.

When Obama took office unemployment was 7.8% and rising rapidmly, it ended up at 10%. It is now 7.9% and falling.

The major increase in food stamps is mostly due to the expansion of the program from the 2008 Farm Bill which Bush signed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food,_Conservation,_and_Energy_Act_of_2008
the biggest contributor to the growth of the deficit since 09 has been the bush tax cuts but you won't hear that on fox.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: seafoid on November 06, 2012, 08:28:56 PM
the biggest contributor to the growth of the deficit since 09 has been the bush tax cuts but you won't hear that on fox.

What you'll hear on Fox is that Bush's policies magically stopped taking effect as soon as he left office, and the mess he made became the fault of the black guy.