The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: The Iceman on October 24, 2012, 06:48:13 PM
Quote from: heganboy on October 24, 2012, 04:21:04 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on October 23, 2012, 06:53:57 PM
Because its an extreme fundamentalist group not recognised by the other Christian Churches. Because Romney is or was a Bishop in this Church. Because one of their beliefs is the second coming cannot happen until Mormons are in key positions of power in America. Because it is difficult to serve two masters - America and his god.

ICE that's pretety much word for word the argument used against JFK in his run...

Maybe you should narrow your quote tags Stew. Because JFK wasn't a bishop, nor does the RC Church state that once Catholics are in power Jesus will come again out of the mid West of America....

the argument against JFK at the time was his accountability to the Church / Pope. My point was more about how Mormons are supposed to get into powerful positions. Once they do what will be asked of them?

So what do YOU think might be asked of him?

And assuming something is, what makes you think he can deliver?

There was and still is lots of paranoid fear mongering about what Obama was going to do if elected (ban rush Limbaugh, take away guns, FEMA reeducation camps, etc,
There are numerous checks on presidential power. Romney or Obama will not be king and able to act on their stupidest and most questionable whims.

Eamonnca1

Hahaha! So it's another last-ditch effort to swift-boat the Obama campaign? Jon Stewart's gonna have a field day!

The Iceman

I got a phone cal yesterday in NJ and the Caller ID said "defeat obama'
I didn't pick up  but I'm sure its more silly propaganda...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 24, 2012, 07:22:57 PM
Hahaha! So it's another last-ditch effort to swift-boat the Obama campaign? Jon Stewart's gonna have a field day!

It's just about publicity for Trump.

Is there a more odious, shameless person in US public life?

stew

Trump has his own agenda on this, this has nothing to do with the Republicans!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: J70 on October 24, 2012, 07:59:29 PM

Nope! Horrible hoor!

seafoid

Cheney, anyone at AIPAC, Lieberman, Gingrich

screenexile

Quote from: seafoid on October 24, 2012, 08:25:00 PM

Bachmann??

seafoid

Quote from: The Iceman on October 24, 2012, 06:48:13 PM
Quote from: heganboy on October 24, 2012, 04:21:04 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on October 23, 2012, 06:53:57 PM
Because its an extreme fundamentalist group not recognised by the other Christian Churches. Because Romney is or was a Bishop in this Church. Because one of their beliefs is the second coming cannot happen until Mormons are in key positions of power in America. Because it is difficult to serve two masters - America and his god.

ICE that's pretty much word for word the argument used against JFK in his run...

Maybe you should narrow your quote tags Stew. Because JFK wasn't a bishop, nor does the RC Church state that once Catholics are in power Jesus will come again out of the mid West of America....

the argument against JFK at the time was his accountability to the Church / Pope. My point was more about how Mormons are supposed to get into powerful positions. Once they do what will be asked of them?
They will asked to continue with the imperial project same as obama. Drones and death for what the Marines term  "dune coons".

stew

Feck, I forgot about Cheney, Gingrich is just a blowhard, Liberman is not that bad!

Oh I got two...................... How about that Clinton bitch and worse still......................Pelosi.

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on October 24, 2012, 08:28:56 PM

Bachmann??
this was funny

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/07/12/bill-maher-calls-palin-and-bachmann-milfs-cnn

AZOffaly

Bachmann??

What was wrong with him? Jaysus if it wasn't for him the Penguin would be running Gotham.

seafoid

The Palins would appear to be  a family of tramps.Bristol Palin insulted someone online by saying he would end up a failure "like my baby daddy". WTF?   

Hardy

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 24, 2012, 08:35:53 PM

Bachmann??

What was wrong with him? Jaysus if it wasn't for him the Penguin would be running Gotham.

Ah ffs, AZ, keep up. It's this fella:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7miRCLeFSJo