The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: stew on October 04, 2012, 05:00:13 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 04, 2012, 04:56:30 PM
How can you say Obama loser 23 million jobs when the economy was shedding 3/4 million jobs per month when he took office and has been adding bombs, albeit smelly, for the past couple of years?

That is a lie!

Obama hung is head when hit with those facts last night, he had no response to that, he had many opportunities to fight back but he is so piss poor economically that he neither had the facts and he knows himself he is a blowhard, he stinks.

I wanted him to be great and defended him right out of the gate but his is going to go down as one of the worst ever......EVER.

Which part is a lie?

nifan

Quote from: stew on October 04, 2012, 05:41:49 PM
Quote from: heganboy on October 04, 2012, 05:08:27 PM
Stew,
how did Obama lose 23 million jobs- where are you getting this number?
Thanks

One source was Romney last night, the President bowed his head and never once denied that these numbers, I have also seen various statistical sources that back that up, some go as low as 19 million, some as high as 25 mil.

the job figures come out tomorrow, I hope the number is way up.

You said he added 23,000,000 to the unemployment.
The 23m is the current total of unemployed, those who are part time but wish to be full time and others who are essentially not looking for work currently.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

check out the trend when obama took office - there was more than who was president at play - he joined during the massive spike.

J70

Let's not cloud the issue with facts and figures! :)

stew

Quote from: J70 on October 04, 2012, 07:28:11 PM

Here is a fact for use un's, unemployment fell by 114,000.........................800,000 joined the workforce.

Unemployment is at 7.8%

If Romney was wrong why did Obama drop his head and not take him to task over his figures, it can be one of two reasons, either Romney was right OR Obama is too stupid to know the facts, it can only be one of the two.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Iceman

Maybe he didn't have time as they were allocated 2 minutes. Maybe he thought educated people would check the figures and find out and see Romney was blowing smoke. Maybe he understood that these debates won't really change that many people's votes.
Put up your hands lad and  admit you were wrong. For a man who can't even vote you are completely indoctrinated.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

J70

Quote from: stew on October 05, 2012, 02:27:16 PM

Here is a fact for use un's, unemployment fell by 114,000.........................800,000 joined the workforce.

Unemployment is at 7.8%

If Romney was wrong why did Obama drop his head and not take him to task over his figures, it can be one of two reasons, either Romney was right OR Obama is too stupid to know the facts, it can only be one of the two.

Why didn't Obama challenge Romney on some of his other "facts"? I'd love to know too. He had a dreadful night. Only he and his campaign know why. He was very similar to GW Bush in his first debate in 2004.

But back to my earlier question which you've ignored: in which part of my earlier post was I spreading lies?

Not sure what your other point is trying to prove. People lose and gain jobs in any month, no matter what the economic conditions. You'll have to elaborate.

deiseach

Obama is stupid. Stupid for thinking that there is anyone in the present-day GOP who will not lie through their teeth to get their hate-filled way. Stupid for thinking that the media, obsessed with providing balance in a debate where one side are the equivalent of flat-earthers, would call out those lies. If he doesn't put a horseshoe in his gloves for the next debate, he deserves to lose.

Declan

Published on Friday, October 5, 2012
Jobs Report Shows Unemployment Dips Below 8 Percent
At crucial political juncture, official jobless rate hits lowest since early 2009

The official US unemployment rate dropped to 7.8 percent in September, according to the latest jobs report released by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics today.
That's down 0.3 percentage points from the previous month, and the first time the number has dipped below 8 percent since January of 2009.
According to the report, overall payroll employment rose by 114,000, with most gains seen in the health care, transportation, and warehousing sectors.  Most other industries, including manufacturing, saw little or no improvement.
Reuters adds:
A survey of households from which the jobless rate is derived showed 873,000 job gains last month, the most since June 1983. The drop in unemployment came even as Americans come back into the labor force to resume the hunt for work. The workforce had shrank in the prior two months.

The household survey is volatile. A survey of business establishments showed employers added 114,000 jobs to their payrolls last month, a touch above economists' expectations for 113,000 jobs. Employment for July and August was revised to show 86,000 more jobs created than previous reported.

It was the second last report before the November 6 election that pits Obama against Republican Mitt Romney.

A Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Thursday after Wednesday's first presidential debate showed Romney gained ground and is now viewed positively by 51 percent of voters. Obama's favorability rating remained unchanged at 56 percent.

heganboy

[

Unemployment is at 7.8%

Stew,
I think that Obama very purposefully did not go on the attack in that debate, as directed by Axelrod. I would assume he is saving the big guns for the third and final debate? But who knows?

so instead of those being the only two options, I'd say there are hundreds of different reasons why the President chose not to correct the Republican candidate...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

deiseach

Quote from: heganboy on October 05, 2012, 03:49:10 PM
Stew,
I think that Obama very purposefully did not go on the attack in that debate, as directed by Axelrod. I would assume he is saving the big guns for the third and final debate? But who knows?

so instead of those being the only two options, I'd say there are hundreds of different reasons why the President chose not to correct the Republican candidate...

I don't know why he'd feel the need to do that. There's going to a lot of repetition in these debates so why save something for later that can be used three times? You can be sure Romney will deny the facts until the c**k rooster crows.

nifan

Unemployment is at 7.8%

Stew - how do you feel Romney comes out of this, given your opinion of how Obama has.

At best he has been willfully confusing with the figures - as evidenced by what you took from it for example. He intended for people to take your interpretation when he knew that what he was reporting was simply no the unemployment rate.

tyssam5

Quote from: stew on October 03, 2012, 05:34:25 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on October 01, 2012, 06:03:40 PM
Quote from: stew on September 30, 2012, 07:00:25 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on September 29, 2012, 08:12:56 PM
Quote from: stew on September 28, 2012, 09:31:35 PM
Quote from: heganboy on September 28, 2012, 09:02:54 PM
Samuel L Jackson ad to get out the vote for Obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTtS17xcr-U

Samuel L Jackson just wants to keep a black man as the President, he does not give two shites about his policies, he votes for the black guy.

Pretty fecked up way of choosing a President I think.

So I take you'll be voting for the white guy then?

I am Irish, I dont get a vote, I think they are both shite and I dont give a damn what color a man is, I despise the looney left and hate what Obamanation has done to the USA in terms of the national debt, he is a horror story and needs to be stopped, unfortunately Romney is not the man to do it.

America is clean fecked no matter who gets in, they both suck!

You should get your citizenship sorted out, seems like voting might help get rid of sme of your frustrations.

Eh, I am Irish, should I be happy Obama is arse f**king the American economy??? Is that what you want you numpty?

I owe Ireland nothing, ireland owes me nothing, I love the country and am fcuked if I know why?????

Pertaining to America, the liberals are going to ruin the country, the neo conseratives are going to ruin the country...............basically the country is fecked, do you get it now?????

I don't understand a lot of what you are saying there. Are you saying you wouldn't take American citizenship because you want to maintain your Irish citizenship?
I will be eligible next year and will get mine, will look forward to voting. You seem to care a lot about the issues, to the point of getting wound up about them, don't understand why you wouldn't put yourself in a position to contribute to the decision making process in a more meaningful way than ranting on this board?

stew

Quote from: The Iceman on October 05, 2012, 03:24:12 PM
Maybe he didn't have time as they were allocated 2 minutes. Maybe he thought educated people would check the figures and find out and see Romney was blowing smoke. Maybe he understood that these debates won't really change that many people's votes.
Put up your hands lad and  admit you were wrong. For a man who can't even vote you are completely indoctrinated.....

And you Mr liberal are not??? you are one arrogant hombre!

I don't believe any figures out there by either party, you watch CNN and they dole out figures and the one  pro republican news outlet gives completely another. What was interesting is that the Prez never once called Romney out on his numbers, why not??? is he capable of saying "Governor, those figures are wrong" in two minutes? is that two much to ask Iceman????

The job figures are interesting, the majority of these newly created jobs are government jobs according to CNN, a lot of them were also part time jobs out of these new positions.

Then there is the stink over the figures, I dont think he will be able to fudge the figures on November 2nd because the republicans think he is a lying bastid, and he is.

Two minutes my hole, he was running for far longer than that, yer man that hosted the debate let them go for four minutes before he called them out, and still they both droned on.

Should the president not have known the figures??? was that too much to ask of the leader of the USA, I tell you he is a nightmare.

Obamanation will get elected, unlike that liberal p***k redandblack and his missus I wont yap when he is elected again and threaten to go back home, i will suck it up and hate the fact that this tit is going to completely destroy the economy for future generations.

By the way, his running mate, that chube Biden must not even hav e listened to the debate as he is not on the same page with the prez......................... he said they were going to raise one trillion in taxes from the American people despite the prez saying differently, he is a real liability but not to the point were he will cost the prez the election.

I just hope that enough  republicans get the majority of the house/senate to stop Obamacare from raping the economy, by the way, the prez does not even understand it.

dec

2008   5.0   4.9   5.1   5.0   5.4   5.6   5.8   6.1   6.1   6.5   6.8   7.3   
2009   7.8   8.3   8.7   8.9   9.4   9.5   9.5   9.6   9.8   10.0   9.9   9.9   
2010   9.7   9.8   9.8   9.9   9.6   9.4   9.5   9.6   9.5   9.5   9.8   9.4   
2011   9.1   9.0   8.9   9.0   9.0   9.1   9.1   9.1   9.0   8.9   8.7   8.5   
2012   8.3   8.3   8.2   8.1   8.2   8.2   8.3   8.1   7.8   

Over the course of Bushes last year unemployment went up from 4.9% to 7.8%. Less than a year into Obama's term it had maxed out in October 2009 and has been falling slowly since. It is now back down to where it was in Bush's last month January 2009.

stew

Quote from: dec on October 05, 2012, 05:08:42 PM

2008   5.0   4.9   5.1   5.0   5.4   5.6   5.8   6.1   6.1   6.5   6.8   7.3   
2009   7.8   8.3   8.7   8.9   9.4   9.5   9.5   9.6   9.8   10.0   9.9   9.9   
2010   9.7   9.8   9.8   9.9   9.6   9.4   9.5   9.6   9.5   9.5   9.8   9.4   
2011   9.1   9.0   8.9   9.0   9.0   9.1   9.1   9.1   9.0   8.9   8.7   8.5   
2012   8.3   8.3   8.2   8.1   8.2   8.2   8.3   8.1   7.8   

Over the course of Bushes last year unemployment went up from 4.9% to 7.8%. Less than a year into Obama's term it had maxed out in October 2009 and has been falling slowly since. It is now back down to where it was in Bush's last month January 2009.

Do you actually believe those figures, as one political commentator said this morning "These Chicago guys cannot be trusted" in other words they are political gangsters and his figures simply don't add up.