The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

iv heard sylian distin's name mentioned a number of times too, im not happy about it either.

norabeag

Hound

It was the Echo in Liverpool which was the first with the story of Alonso handing in a transfer request. This would be significant as it means he wouldnt get his loyalty bonus, which would probably be 10% of the transfer fee, which woud bring our asking price down. The Echo is usually the most reliable of newspaper sources and most of the rags followed it. But the Echo isnt always right either and a couple of the rags are quoting Alonso's advisors saying he hasnt handed in a transfer request. Nothing confirming or denying on the LFC website so, as usual we are none the wiser.

Strongest rumours are that Aqualini of Roma is favourite to be the replacement. Some sources saying we've agreed terms with the player for a €80k a week salary! €20m transfer agreed in principle with Roma, but no official bid to be made unless we sell Alonso.

Have no idea how good or bad he is, but from reading other forums the general opinion is that he's very similar type player to Alonso, but not quite as good, and has had a number of injuries, restricting his first team appearances to 20, 30, 20 over the last three seasons respectively.

corn02

Quote from: Hound on August 01, 2009, 08:01:14 AM
It was the Echo in Liverpool which was the first with the story of Alonso handing in a transfer request. This would be significant as it means he wouldnt get his loyalty bonus, which would probably be 10% of the transfer fee, which woud bring our asking price down. The Echo is usually the most reliable of newspaper sources and most of the rags followed it. But the Echo isnt always right either and a couple of the rags are quoting Alonso's advisors saying he hasnt handed in a transfer request. Nothing confirming or denying on the LFC website so, as usual we are none the wiser.

Strongest rumours are that Aqualini of Roma is favourite to be the replacement. Some sources saying we've agreed terms with the player for a €80k a week salary! €20m transfer agreed in principle with Roma, but no official bid to be made unless we sell Alonso.

Have no idea how good or bad he is, but from reading other forums the general opinion is that he's very similar type player to Alonso, but not quite as good, and has had a number of injuries, restricting his first team appearances to 20, 30, 20 over the last three seasons respectively.

Also it wasn't Tony Barret who wrote it either, the most reliable of Echo journalists. He doesn't share his contacts either apparently so may be the only one who communicates with Rafa. Intersting that the other Echo journalists believe that Alonso is over rated and they think the stats back that up. He is just an easy-on-eye footballer e.g spectacular passing.

Hope it gets wound up soon, sickening at this stage. Aqualani is a class act apparently but, again, it's the injury concerns which make it  a massive risk. But it wont be as if the Pool havent looked into it.

Turner is a cracking player by the looks of things, If we got him for six million I would be pleased personally.

supersub

wouldn't surprise me if Rafa has no one lined up to replace him, or certainly not another 20m+ player! This frustrates me as we need a good balance in the team and if Alonso leaves then we do not have adequate cover for the likes of Gerrard and masch!

corn02

Quote from: supersub on August 01, 2009, 07:53:09 PM
wouldn't surprise me if Rafa has no one lined up to replace him, or certainly not another 20m+ player! This frustrates me as we need a good balance in the team and if Alonso leaves then we do not have adequate cover for the likes of Gerrard and masch!

Well we have been heavily linked with Acqualani, so I dobut it.

Some things I want, and expect to see this year:

Reira staying on the touchline instead of coming inside, plus offering defensive cover

Kuyt to improve his crossing considerably

Skrtl, who has six or seven goals for his country in 30-odds games, to score and provide a real threat from set plays

Lucas to boss midfield a lot more

Carragher to be a bit more composed against European opposition

Eastern_Pride

Is it true ye're playin dunmanway town in a friendly? Is it Liverpool or Liverpool youths c team?
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Hound

Lucas bossing midfield is dreamland corn! But work away!

The Mirror did a profile of Aquilani with some vid clips of the highlights of his career to date

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/22/alberto-aquilani-profile-10-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-liverpool-target-115875-21539418/

corn02

Quote from: Hound on August 02, 2009, 08:54:01 AM
Lucas bossing midfield is dreamland corn! But work away!

The Mirror did a profile of Aquilani with some vid clips of the highlights of his career to date

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/07/22/alberto-aquilani-profile-10-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-liverpool-target-115875-21539418/

A blind man could have seeb that his performances improved considerably since Christmas and he was decent, so there may be hope yet.

Unfortunately most Pool fans chose to be blind and probably think he was horrible for the entire season.

DennistheMenace

Corn he obviously wasn't horrible for the season and he did improve ~(wouldn't have been hard) but he is not good enough for a regular starting berth in a side pushing for the league title. Decent backup to Masch, Alonso and even Stevie La who I don't feel can play in a rigid 4-4-2 as well as in the hole.

corn02

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 02, 2009, 11:58:36 AM
Corn he obviously wasn't horrible for the season and he did improve ~(wouldn't have been hard) but he is not good enough for a regular starting berth in a side pushing for the league title. Decent backup to Masch, Alonso and even Stevie La who I don't feel can play in a rigid 4-4-2 as well as in the hole.

Probaly fair enough alright. Has bulked up over the summer and will undoubtedly play a fair bit, hope he performs. Enough anyway to f**k off those boo-boy c***ts.

Hound

He'd some games where he was horrible, and others were he wasnt. He has never ever bossed a game while playing for Liverpool. He's a decent passer, a good headerer, a poor tackler, his long range shooting is appalling and his decision-making is poor when the pressure comes on.

DennistheMenace

Lucas ball retentionis excellent, probably second to Alonso, for a 4th choice midfielder I wouldn't be complaining too much, he slots in and does a job.

He has captained Brazil at every level bar senior so he can't be that rubbish.

corn02

Quote from: Hound on August 02, 2009, 12:27:22 PM
He'd some games where he was horrible, and others were he wasnt. He has never ever bossed a game while playing for Liverpool. He's a decent passer, a good headerer, a poor tackler, his long range shooting is appalling and his decision-making is poor when the pressure comes on.

Alonso doesn;t "boss" gamesin the way Gerrard might either, he subtly dictates play - a good example of Lucas doing this was at Old Trafford.

Everyone has horrible games. Alonso away to Middlesborough was one of the worst performances any Liverpool player gave all season.

:P Plus Lucas gave possibly the best pass all season (Number 4 v Newcastle, another match he was very impressive in).

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on August 02, 2009, 12:45:36 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 02, 2009, 12:27:22 PM

Alonso doesn;t "boss" gamesin the way Gerrard might either, he subtly dictates play - a good example of Lucas doing this was at Old Trafford.

Everyone has horrible games. Alonso away to Middlesborough was one of the worst performances any Liverpool player gave all season.

:P Plus Lucas gave possibly the best pass all season (Number 4 v Newcastle, another match he was very impressive in).

I think I would have looked impressive against Newcastle that day.... :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.