The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Ye can call a spade a spade while still supportin a team. On the face of it seems like v poor form.

Be a pile of other billionaires take advantage so hope they all get the same abuse as what Henry and co will get..

trailer

Says everything you need to know about Liverpool and many other Premier League clubs. Businesses. Profit. That's all they care about. Everything is about the bottom line.

Milltown Row2

They'll be on a long list of multi million pound businesses that'll avail of the 80% payments.

But if they had have looked at their business model and planned for a pandemic (cause we all knew Bill told us three years ago) and put some savings away like one poster had up then they'd be fine!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2020, 06:49:51 PM
They'll be on a long list of multi million pound businesses that'll avail of the 80% payments.

But if they had have looked at their business model and planned for a pandemic (cause we all knew Bill told us three years ago) and put some savings away like one poster had up then they'd be fine!

The problem is they can afford to pay players 100k, or 200k a week and yet furlough some girl on 25k a year. It's a f**king disgrace.

Geoff Tipps

Terrible decision to avail of this scheme. Just because they can doesn't mean they should. FSG have got so much right on and off the field but have been badly advised here. Hopefully like the ticket hike fiasco they'll perform a U turn.

glens73

Why shouldn’t they avail of the scheme? They’re topping up to 100% so the staff aren’t losing out and the tories are footing the bill for the rest

glens73

Quote from: trailer on April 04, 2020, 06:54:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2020, 06:49:51 PM

The problem is they can afford to pay players 100k, or 200k a week and yet furlough some girl on 25k a year. It's a f**king disgrace.

The staff aren't losing out. To be fair to the players, Jordan Henderson (at the very least) has organised all the PL captains to put monies towards the nhs.

bennydorano

Poor form, Getting slaughtered on Twitter. The catastrophic PR will lead to a u turn.

David McKeown

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on April 04, 2020, 05:45:28 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 04, 2020, 04:28:22 PM
Sad to see Liverpool's billionaire owners joining the other shitehawk owners in looking for the government to pay their way for them in this time of crisis. Amazingly Utds have resisted so far, won't last I'd say..

Absolute joke...

I imagine this will not go down well with the majority of Liverpool fans...

Surely there is a rule in play that can prevent PL clubs from participating in this scheme....

I'm glad there isn't. For I fear the clubs that use the scheme likely wouldn't just lay off large amounts of their staff were the scheme not in place.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

glens73

Quote from: David McKeown on April 04, 2020, 07:57:28 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on April 04, 2020, 05:45:28 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 04, 2020, 04:28:22 PM
Sad to see Liverpool's billionaire owners joining the other shitehawk owners in looking for the government to pay their way for them in this time of crisis. Amazingly Utds have resisted so far, won't last I'd say..

Absolute joke...

I imagine this will not go down well with the majority of Liverpool fans...

Surely there is a rule in play that can prevent PL clubs from participating in this scheme....

I’m glad there isn’t. For I fear the clubs that use the scheme likely wouldn’t just lay off large amounts of their staff were the scheme not in place.

Exactly, that’s the whole point of the scheme. Why is it right that Mike Ashley, Richard Branson, Philip Green, Stelios from EasyJet et al avail of the scheme but not football clubs??

Milltown Row2

What profits would Liverpool be making yearly?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens73

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2020, 08:06:05 PM
£29m last year, a lot less than global corporations availing of the scheme

trailer

Quote from: glens73 on April 04, 2020, 07:33:24 PM
Why shouldn't they avail of the scheme? They're topping up to 100% so the staff aren't losing out and the tories are footing the bill for the rest

Eh, because the ordinary tax payer will have to pay this money back. Liverpool and others can afford to pay staff without making the taxpayer do it.
It stinks.

glens73

Quote from: trailer on April 04, 2020, 08:09:21 PM
Quote from: glens73 on April 04, 2020, 07:33:24 PM
Why shouldn't they avail of the scheme? They're topping up to 100% so the staff aren't losing out and the tories are footing the bill for the rest

Eh, because the ordinary tax payer will have to pay this money back. Liverpool and others can afford to pay staff without making the taxpayer do it.
It stinks.

So can loads of companies availing of this scheme, it doesn't just sit with football

Saffrongael

Quote from: glens73 on April 04, 2020, 08:08:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2020, 08:06:05 PM
£29m last year, a lot less than global corporations availing of the scheme

£42m profit announced a few weeks ago
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come